BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gav Or Debs

Glenn

Who should get the Burnley ticket ?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Who should get the Burnley ticket ?

• Gav
    • Debs

This poll is closed to new votes

Gav and Debs have a dilemma. They only managed to get one ticket for Burnley and can't decide who uses it.

Gav has suggested they both put their sides forward and then YOU decide who goes ! How much more important a decision could you make in life ?

So, Gav, Debs, the floor is yours.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just told her to go away mad.gif

The reason i should be allowed to use the ticket is simple, i've never missed a Rovers burnley game for over 25 years and before that i wasn't allowed to go because i was deemed to be to young. Working in the 'town' also gives me more right to be in attendance, they just wouldn't take my bragging seriously enough if i wasn't actually there.

So ladies and Gents i fall short of any cheap shots and hope you'll all come down on the side of tradition.

Ps,

She only started supporting them in 1992

She still thinks Man United are our biggest rivals

She wasn't even brought up a Rover and watched PNE first

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Gav is making up the rules as he goes along and demands that I'm not allowed to read his post, so I can only guess what case he has made for the ticket.

I think I should have the Burnley ticket for the following reasons:

1) The whole reason we don't have a ticket each is Gav's fault. He asserted (as only Gav can) that we wouldn't sell out, so I didn't queue at the ground from before daybreak whilst constantly on my mobile to the ticket office.

2) I have a season ticket and Gav doesn't, so if we apply the allocation rules of the club for this game (which both Gav and myself believe to be fair) I have more right to the ticket.

3) I haven't been a rovers fan as long as Gav as I grew up outside the area, so have only attended the previous two Derby games, both of which we won. I have also attended the Turd on two other occassions supporting the visiting team (Blackpool and Sheffield Wednesday). I have never seen Burnley win when I have been watching them in person. So I reckon I am unlucky for Burnley. That means you're taking a big risk if you don't vote for me. Will you be able to live with yourselves if we lose and you voted for Gav?

• Backroom

I have never seen Burnley win when I have been watching them in person.

I reckon thats a pretty strong case for giving the ticket to Debs.. Gav, come on mate, do the decent thing ! biggrin.gif

Edited by trueblue

I have only met Gav and Debs once and when I did Debs was lying on her back outside Ewood with a big smile on her face (due to the beer not down to Gav) So my vote goes to Debs cos she will get hammered quicker than Gav and have more of a laugh.

Gav should be allowed to go, simply because of his history with the Burnley game. But, as a side bar, if we win, he (sorry Gav) should have to do the housework for a week and other general Butt kissing as demanded by Debs. If we lose he takes debs out for a meal and a ###### up.

Sounds fair to me, have fun Gav.

Gav, failing to gain the advantage with any of the above then try this, nick the ticket and break up with debs.

I just re-read Debs post, I missed the reason number 3, it's a pretty strong argument.

Edited by USABlue

Debs should be given the ticket, but in return Gav should be allowed to watch the game down the pub, get absolutely hammered, hit the clubs to celebrate a famous victory then stagger through the door at 4 am with a bird on each arm - it's the risk Debs takes for letting him out of her sight.

Gav, failing to gain the advantage with any of the above then try this, nick the ticket and break up with debs.

When he saw the way the vote was going, Gav just picked the ticket up from the mantlepiece and deposited it into his jeans pocket.

tricky one this. having not met either of the two candidates, i feel i may be perectly positioned to judge.

Given yesterday was Valentines day- Gav how did you treat Debs? nice suprises, cook a meal etc?

Debs- how did you treat Gav?

i will vote purely based on this! have to say though, as Gav works in and around dingles, i am swaying more to him at the moment as i know exactly how he feels.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.