BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Gav Or Debs

Glenn

Who should get the Burnley ticket ?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Who should get the Burnley ticket ?

• Gav
    • Debs

This poll is closed to new votes

I have a special interest in this subject as Debs is my sister and Gav is the bozo who is responsible for my current ticketlessness.

Maybe in the interests of domestic harmony they should give the ticket away, maybe to a close family member.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a special interest in this subject as Debs is my sister and Gav is the bozo who is responsible for my current ticketlessness.

Maybe in the interests of domestic harmony they should give the ticket away, maybe to a close family member.

Thanks Giddy. Gav reckons that's the final nail in his coffin!

He's also muttering about giving away an England ticket for the game at Hamden to a close family member.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

debs

I haven't been a rovers fan as long as Gav as I grew up outside the area, so have only attended the previous two Derby games, both of which we won.

Heck only two games - that doesnt make you a lucky charm.

I vote for debs, she knows my face - gav doesnt

Second thoughts Gav getting a ticket would be compensation for loosing his shelf.

tricky one this. having not met either of the two candidates, i feel i may be perectly positioned to judge.

Given yesterday was Valentines day- Gav how did you treat Debs? nice suprises, cook a meal etc?

Debs- how did you treat Gav?

i will vote purely based on this! have to say though, as Gav works in and around dingles, i am swaying more to him at the moment as i know exactly how he feels.

I don't know how this will affect your voting, but we didn't do anything at all for valentine's day. We didn't even send cards to each other.

Gav says every day is valentine's day living with him.

I say valentine's day is hyped up nonsense dreamed up by card manufactorers and rose growers.

I've chatted to Gav a couple of times since he started working in Burnley, and what came across each time was how much he loves the place and its inhabitants. So much so in fact that on one occasions he declared himself a fully-fledged dingle.

Debs must get the ticket.

tricky one this. having not met either of the two candidates, i feel i may be perectly positioned to judge. 

Given yesterday was Valentines day- Gav how did you treat Debs? nice suprises, cook a meal etc?

Debs- how did you treat Gav?

i will vote purely based on this! have to say though, as Gav works in and around dingles, i am swaying more to him at the moment as i know exactly how he feels.

I don't know how this will affect your voting, but we didn't do anything at all for valentine's day. We didn't even send cards to each other.

I say valentine's day is hyped up nonsense dreamed up by card manufactorers and rose growers.

I used that line too!

The ticket has to go to the bigger fan.

In this case - there is no contest. Sorry Debs, but Gav gets my vote

Love a good domestic disturbance:

I am somewhat reluctant to barge into the middle of a family squabble...(yeah, right)---

but Debs' statements # 2 & 3 are strong, strong points. I am leaning towards allowing her the right as we'll need much stout-hearted & strong armed support at the Turd. (I pity the Dingles).

Moreover, I am inclined to agree with Morph. Poor, poor distraught Gav should be allowed a night out with the birds of his choice (good or bad)....

It's either that or we go Biblical & the route of King Salomon. HALF !

Desperate times require desperate measures. If I was you Gav, I'd register a few dozen new accounts on here and get yourself a few more votes.

Thought about that but she has more followers on the admin side than me sad.gif

Its becoming a massacre sad.gif

just for using that line, (smooth gav!)

Gav gets the vote. laugh.gif

Gav gets my vote.  Clearly he is desperate to go. Debs seems to be able to live with not having been there. Thats the impression I get  anyway.

tchockey, I'm sorry that I gave that impression.

Let me make it clear to you all, I really, really, really want to go to this game. After the Colchester game it was me in the Blues bar saying that away at Burnley was my dream tie. Gav was too scared they'd beat us. Tris you are my witness! biggrin.gif

I concede that Gav has a longer history of being a Rovers supporter but I dispute that, that makes him a bigger fan.

Everything I have said on this thread is the truth! Gav is telling porkies saying that I only started watching Rovers in 1993 and that I think Man U are our biggest rivals. I started watching rovers in the mid 1980's but soon after went to university in Sheffield, where I stayed until I moved back in 2000. I had a season ticket in my latter years in Sheffield and travelled 180 miles round trip for evry home game, whilst Gav would stroll down to ewood from Mill Hill. I was a rovers fan long before I met Gav ... and long before Sky!!

This really is war.

mad.gif

Edited by Debs

Gav all the way. We have alot to thank Sky for but one of the downsides was making football attractive/all seater stadium and women going to football. I ask you women going to football it gets my goat there incessant chatter about nothing. Kick it Kick it they scream it is a pass or a shot my dear!!! Doubt Debs would have wanted to stand up on the old Longside with objects whizzing past her ears.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.