BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Episode Iii: Revenge Of The Rovers

vyeo

Well well well, what can i add that hasnt been said already. Another absolutly fantastic day in the history of this proud famous club. Manure came to Ewood to face a Blackburn team with just 1 available striker who had been picked up on a free transfer in the summer. For the opposition, by the end of the night they had some £60m worth of talent in saha, rooney and horse.

The game started off quite slowly imo and i also thought the atmosphere was a bit subdued from the bbe. However, Ronaldo's quite farcical free kick decision soon woke the Blackburn end up and i got this familiar sinking feeling that the ref would rob us. As it happens, by allowing Saha's goal to stand shortly after Bentleys goal, he did try his best but we still won. Oh and for the first goal, what a free kick from mgp, look at the shot from the behind goal view, superb curl on the ball. After saha, Bentley again put us in the lead from a open goal after a assist by the legend that is Rio who had a pathetic match. After praying that we would get into half time at 2-1, it got even better as we got a clear pen. I was nervous bout the pen till i saw who was taking it, Neill would never miss!

As for the 2nd half, we set off like a house on fire after Hughes pulled the tatical masterstroke of bringing emo on for tuday, exactly right for the circumstances. Emo put everything into the 2nd half and he typified what hughes has turned us into when after brilliantly setting up Kuqi's chance, his reaction was superb. Instead of standing there looking angry that he missed holding his head in his hands or shouting at Kuqi, he took 1 look and started sprinting back to defend. What a manager!

Anyway, back to the match. Bentley finished off a superb hattrick to put the bbe in full party mode. 'are you burnley in disguise' 'who the **** are man united' were screamed out to the Darwen end. The mancs came back into the match, but THANK GOD, we held on. Lord knows how we did to be honest i thought we lost it with 20 mins to go and it being 4-3. Yet we did it and its brilliant

Got back to uni in Keele, Staffs at 5.30am still buzzing. Aint it great to be a ROVER

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little story for you all.

DuR, fresh after a euphoric victory against the Mancs, decided today would be the perfect occasion to wear his 94-95 Premier League Champions Jersey for free clothes day at work.

Upon walking to the bus stop, he is greeted by a weird looking fellow who smelt of B.O. The following discussion took place.

Weird Guy: Aight. What team is that then?

DuR: Rovers.

Weird Guy: Eh?

DuR: Blackburn.

Weird Guy: I'm United me.

DuR: Which one?

Weird Guy: United..... Manchester.

DuR: Bet you're cut after last night?

Weird Guy: Why's that?

DuR: blink.gif You know, we beat you 4-3....

Weird Guy: Awwwww, did we play last night?

DuR: Ummmm, yes.

Weird Guy: Beckham is my favourite player.

Cue, DuR turning his back on this guy, revealing a huge Blue and White wall with the number nine. Tosser.

Finally got a chance to watch the full match today...

I'll just add my impressions to everyone elses.

I thought MGP had a very solid game, he was a real help on the defensive side of things, and he showed a few good touches further up the field.

Gray on the other hand; I'm glad he doesn't have to face Ronaldo again this season. Ronaldo was running rings around the poor guy, and if it weren't for MGP's backtracking, we could've been in trouble. Once Ronaldo switched sides Gray looked better (and Neill got dizzied). Thank all that's holy that Ronaldo has no end product.

Reid was amazing. I haven't seen him play in a while, but once he was moved central he was outstanding. I couldn't believe my eyes..

Bentley also had a very good game (of course anyone who scores a hattrick against Man Utd is has good game). I was mightily impressed with his array of skills, reflexes passing, shooting and willingness to run.

Kuqi.. a lot of people have been slamming him, and to be honest if he had an ounce of skill he could've scored one or two.. but I think he plays a very important role for the team. The guy wins almost every header that comes to him, and we pumped a lot of long balls up to him. Along with this, he runs and runs and runs! Puts a lot of pressure on the opposition's defence. His first touch is cringe-worthy though.

Savage was also excellent, proving his worth in recent weeks.

I've written more than I intended to, I'll stop now...

Good job Rovers! I'm proud..

Finally got a chance to watch the full match today...

Kuqi.. a lot of people have been slamming him, and to be honest if he had an ounce of skill he could've scored one or two.. but I think he plays a very important role for the team.  The guy wins almost every header that comes to him, and we pumped a lot of long balls up to him.  Along with this, he runs and runs and runs!  Puts a lot of pressure on the opposition's defence.  His first touch is cringe-worthy though. 

381457[/snapback]

I think that's a pretty fair summary of our much maligned Finn, tsnuf. Who won the free kick that led to the first goal and the header that led to the second? And if some folk can remember back to the Cup game last weekend, who crossed for Bentley to tap in? Yep he's frustrating cos almost every time when the ball's on the deck and there's a defender near him, he'll get tackled but IMHO he offers an 'out' for the defence to get 10 seconds to get re-organised when they hack the ball clear from a corner or free kick. He's doing OK for someone brought in to be third or fourth choice striker.

Was moved from the Darwen End to Jack Walker Upper on Wednesday. Two rows behind me where what I thought Neill and Emertons fan club, but were in fact the West Tigers RL team and supporters, in town for the world Club championship against Bradford.

For those of you who are saying that this was a great game and one that you'll remember, fair enough.

There was that 25 minute gap between when Donkey scored his second & the ref blowing the final whistle which was the most excruciating, horrible, nerve-shredding 1500 seconds of my life and I never ever want to live it again.

381393[/snapback]

Your a Rover, get used to it ! wink.gif

It was my Birthday on Wednesday. Unforgettable.

Thank you Rovers for allowing me to sing " Are you Burnley in disguise" to the Red Army.

Legendry.

tinykit.gif

Ive got 65mins on DVD from footy first.  If they dont, I will!!  biggrin.gif  tinykit.gif

381317[/snapback]

Hopefully put together a DVD as well, from that torrent link posted a few pages back, at least until/if they release the "official" DVD.

Hopefully put together a DVD as well, from that torrent link posted a few pages back, at least until/if they release the "official" DVD.

381502[/snapback]

I think an official dvd with both league games would go down a treat personally. smile.gif

I think an official dvd with both league games would go down a treat personally.  smile.gif

381536[/snapback]

Mind you, any kind of official Rovers DVD would be good biggrin.gif Still after the Worthington Cup Final win on DVD. Taped it off telly but an official DVD would be better.

Edited by Ronin

Still after the Worthington Cup Final win on DVD. Taped it off telly but an official DVD would be better.

381537[/snapback]

This would sell like hotcakes if it were an international code DVD that would work here in the states,in Oz,etc.Any official club DVD on anything Rovers would be snapped up.

Florida Rover

"Australian defenseman Neill Lucas got a 12-yard kick-ball infringement score"- Roswell (Manchester Buccaneers biggest fan)

laugh.gif

Was moved from the Darwen End to Jack Walker Upper on Wednesday. Two rows behind me where what I thought Neill and Emertons fan club, but were in fact the West Tigers RL team and supporters, in town for the world Club championship against Bradford.

I`m suprised you didn`t 'kick off' with them! dry.gif

Friday night and just got home from Wed's game as been away with work..

2 things to say which may or may not have been mentionned;

1) A great half time sub from Hughes; Taking of Tugay ( not playing great on a yellow card ) bring on Emerton ( speed on the break as they would come at us at 3 - 1 ) moving Reid in the centre ( bundles of energy and playing like a man possessed at the mo )

2) Are you Burnley in disguise

I know what you mean, but the feeling of sheer relief when that final whistle went made up for it.

Its this sort of games, where your feelings range from being as good as it gets (4-1 up) to the feelings of desperation when you are recalling West Ham at home circa 1987 and almost throwing it away (4-3, 2 in no time at all)

I think the West Ham score was 5-4 and it was obvious that if the game had lasted 10 more minutes West ham would have won.

The thing that surprised me that did not happen againgst M U was that they did not get a penalty as it was obvious they were going to get one, meaning that after 4-3, they were bound to get at least a draw.

I think an official dvd with both league games would go down a treat personally.  smile.gif

381536[/snapback]

Got the Old Trafford league win off e-bay and I've just bought the Ewood win off there also. Three pounds summat each including postage.

If anyone is interested there are 2 left (Ewood win), type in Blackburn Rovers and they're on page 2.

Don't wait for the excuse for a club shop to bring it out or you'll be covered in cobwebs and as stiff as a board.

Are you listening BRFC marketing department!?!

Got the Old Trafford league win off e-bay and I've just bought the Ewood win off there also. Three pounds summat each including postage.

If anyone is interested there are 2 left (Ewood win), type in Blackburn Rovers and they're on page 2.

Don't wait for the excuse for a club shop to bring it out or you'll be covered in cobwebs and as stiff as a board.

Are you listening BRFC marketing department!?!

381756[/snapback]

i think there has to be a marketing department to hear dry.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.