• Yes - To an evening kick off.
    • No - one change was enough.
    • No
    • Grooby Out.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel heap loads of bad pr for rovers on this one, hopefully the press will get the facts right

i couldnt care less if they boycott to be honest, but i believe for 8,000 that dont go, another 8,000 will

That'll be £0.00 then.

390624[/snapback]

Don't know about you bob, but I certainly manage to consume a couple (ahem) of sherbets if I watch an away game in the Pub. 10 quid/ 5 quid would be the right sort of level if we're genuinely trying to compete with the lure of the pub/box.

It certainly isn't 30 quid/ 15 quid (90 quid for a family of 4) Unless Mum and Dad quaff a bottle of vintage champagne each at the Nag's Head!. tongue.gif

Edited by RevidgeBlue

What I do know...

Liverpool asked Rovers to move the kick off, we complied and Sky picked up on this and agreed to give us the 5.15 tv slot as well (£160k in the bank thank you very much - the £450k fee is for non ppv matches)......

Enough is enough, JG please put your friend right, this is NOT any fault of BRFC.

390623[/snapback]

You are right Stu - this is in no way the fault of BRFC. I seem to remember there even being talk of us agreeing to moving the date of the fixture, not just the kick off time! There was talk of it being played on Good Friday. Liverpool didn't want to move it to the Sunday because they potentially had a cup/champions league match on the Tuesday. As I understood it, Rovers were happy with either playing Friday or changing the kick off time on the Saturday.

Just because Liverpool didn't bother checking the fixtures when they came out - its nothing to do with Rovers!

They don't blame us at all. If you read the thread on RAWK they hold the Liverpool board and in particular Rick Parry responsible, the online petition if I remember rightly is aimed at Parry personally.

As for whether they should move on etc, that is actually my opinion, but what if they had been rovers fans that day etc etc. It's too emotive a subject if you are directly connected.

I thought all this had been mutually sorted out between the two clubs? blink.gif

Why the hell are their supporters trying to blame us? mad.gif

They aren't, read the thread.

OH HOLD ON!.......here we go again, its the hard done by,moaning, 'us against the world' Scousers.

390629[/snapback]

222 pages of pictures of girls on that web site. Seven pages of posts about remembering Hillsborough and a petition started nine months after the fixture was published.

I suppose with that track record, it is not surprising they have completely mangled the facts of Rovers' attempts to support getting the fixture changed and are blaming our club.

390598[/snapback]

Seven pages of threads Phil, not the only ones 'mangling' eh?

Just out of interest where do they blame our club?

As for Liverpool. Already been discussed. This should have been sorted out months ago. It's their club that have let them down not ours.

390624[/snapback]

They agree with you. Here's eighteen pages for you to have a go at. I make a brief appearance about halfway through. smile.gif

Another good point.  Perhaps Blackburn may be interested about the furore this match is causing, as to their potential loss of revenue.  I feel sorry for Blackburn being caught up in this.  A decent club and, as far as I can recollect, a good away fixture.  Plus, they've never been less than co-operative as to whether the fixture is played on the 15th.  A shame.

rolleyes.gif

I know that Rovers agreed instantly to the change of time for the kick-off when requested to do so by Liverpool F.C. Unfortunately I cant remember exactly where I read it, but it was certainly not just on this MB. Could well have been the Rovers official website.

Can anyone else help out?

390610[/snapback]

Yeah Im 99% sure I read that on the official site. I also seem to recall Liverpool expressing that they were delighted at how accomodating Rovers had been.

Well, it is a shame. Really Liverpool should be looking to move on. Other tragedies of immense proportions are not held onto in this fashion. Pay your respects by all means but don't get caught in the past.

As far as the game itself ges it is abslutely vital, as they all are at the moment. The disruption arund the club can only work in our favor.

If we win the next four games, theoretical to say the least, this would be the one to catapault us into fourth and the driving seat.

If we have dropped points at Pompey and at one of the home games, as is far more likely, then we wil need some kind of a result to keep us in the hunt for a UEFA spot.

Tighter than a jockstrap, up there at the moment...

They agree with you. Here's eighteen pages for you to have a go at. I make a brief appearance about halfway through.  smile.gif

rolleyes.gif

390718[/snapback]

I've read the thread and it's basically 18 pages of b******s with only the occasional thoughtful post. I notice you got branded flippin' (or similar) ignorant for your own well argued contribution.

What's all this ridiculous infighting between the HJC and the HSFC all about? Like Life of Bryan really. "We're not the People's Front, We're The People's Front of Judea." Desperately sad.

It's all summed neatly by one contributor who says he couldn't give a flying one about what happened at the the Ibrox disaster, then in the next breath they get affronted if anyone gently suggests it might be more sensible to try to "move on" from the terrrible events of Hillsborough.

This may be a controversial opinion, but Liverpool fans need to move on. But then I guess until they feel that justice has been done, and the authorities and The Sun are sent down in court, there is no sense of 'closure' for them.

Do Juventus fans mark the date of Heysel in a similar manner, or Bradford City fans on the day that the death trap of a stand burnt down ?. I was just wondering if Liverpool fans are unique in holding 15th April as such a sacred day.

Why did it take so long for them to realise the date of this fixture ?. Surely it could have been noticed, and altered months ago. Oh yeah, it will generate less publicity about Hilsborough if it was sorted in November. It should take place on the 15th, at the rearranged time. Those in the loop had long enough to raise objections, and sort it out.

Edited by Billy Castell

Okay this whole situation really needs to get sorted out. On the Liverpool site it says on breaking news how Liverpool are now trying to get the game moved completely from that date. FFS can they make their mind up on what the hell is going on

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N...060315-1329.htm

390849[/snapback]

Typical bloody scousers. Trying now to put it the ball in Rovers court.

If Rovers are going to comply, then something had better be done quickly.

That comment from Parry is utterly wet. "We'll now honour the Hillsborough victims since we were so pathetic against Benfica in the Champions League."

OK Rick, are you going to pay Rovers compensation for all your dithering?

This may be a controversial opinion, but Liverpool fans need to move on. But then I guess until they feel that justice has been done, and the authorities and The Sun are sent down in court, there is no sense of 'closure' for them.

Do Juventus fans mark the date of Heysel in a similar manner, or Bradford City fans on the day that the death trap of a stand burnt down ?. I was just wondering if Liverpool fans are unique in holding 15th April as such a sacred day.

Why did it take so long for them to realise the date of this fixture ?. Surely it could have been noticed, and altered months ago. Oh yeah, it will generate less publicity about Hilsborough if it was sorted in November. It should take place on the 15th, at the rearranged time. Those in the loop had long enough to raise objections, and sort it out.

390845[/snapback]

I do not mean to imply any sort of disrespect to the memory of the Hillsborough victims, but I really do think it is time to move on. Ok let the people of Liverpool remember in their own way and in their own time, but for the rest it is time to get on with their own lives.

As the post above quotes, how many expect this sort of respect to the memory of Heysell or Bradford? And further how many people today are even aware of the tradgedy of the Ibrox and Burnden Park disasters shortly after WW2? Both of those disasters involved far more death and injury than Hillsborough.

Bit of a cheek, really. They aren't in the Champions League now so that 'frees up dates'. Really? Big of them, don't you think? So they can now muck about with our schedule.

I can't see the problem with a 5.15.pm Saturday match after their memorial service. They are a relatively short distance away, not the other end of the country. This is getting more and more ridiculous. mad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.