BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Behind The Rovers : A Visual Guide Of Blackburn

dillo_dillo

Help Wanted !

Behind the Rovers : a visual guide of Blackburn

-----your recommendation, suggestion, advice and volunteer guide

I am about to visit Blackburn from Tokyo again and I am planning to make a visual guide of Blackburn for overseas Rovers fans who visit my website.

My website is the only Japanese one about Blackburn Rovers, and I get a lot of questions from people who are interested in visiting Blackburn and Rovers and want to know how to get to Ewood Park.

I'd like to visit and photograph pubs where supporters go, places of interest (including Uncle Jack's house), museums etc. I'd like to know what's behind the Rovers.

I'd be interested in memories and photographs of Rovers supporters, stories about Rovers, and to photograph any interesting memorabilia anyone has.† I'd like to talk to supporters about family history of supporting Rovers, or how they themselves became fans and also those who have been fans for many years and their experiences.

I appriciate your help.

--- If you would have a time to meet me, PM me please.

I'll stay at Blackburn area mid Apr.

Edited by dillo_dillo

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, guys, Dillo needs some help here! She is passionate about Rovers, wants to enhance her Japanese Rovers site and needs to make the most of her time here. I have made some suggestions but I'm sure there is much more that we can help her with! smile.gif

Come on, guys, Dillo needs some help here!  She is passionate about Rovers, wants to enhance her Japanese Rovers site and needs to make the most of her time here.  I have made some suggestions but I'm sure there is much more that we can help her with!  smile.gif

395679[/snapback]

dillo dillo, you'll have to visit the boot room in the Aqueduct pub were you'll see the Ewood blues pictures and other Rovers related items such as ...two picture frames containing every Rovers player who has ever played premeirship football for the club.

To find the room as you walk through the main door of the Aqueduct pub turn left immediately and after two steps you'll enter another bar area then have a look at the walls if its not to full.

Any other pubs have a special Rovers connection?

I was thinking of a visit to the old training ground at Pleasington.

Has anyone seen the new memorial garden at Ewood? I went to have a look the other day, very nice idea I thought.

The White Bull on Livesey Branch Road has loads of ace photos, paintings etc of old Rovers teams and players in the pool room round the back.

Dillo Dillo, have you thought about organising a night out with other members while you are over here? I'll buy you a pint.

Come on, guys, Dillo needs some help here!

395679[/snapback]

Thank you for your help, mum! smile.gif

the Aqueduct

395686[/snapback]

Thank you. I have to visit there.

Dillo Dillo, have you thought about organising a night out with other members while you are over here? I'll buy you a pint.

395706[/snapback]

I'm finding someone who guide of Blackburn Pub tour!!

A good site: http://www.cottontown.org/page.cfm?pageid=257

395707[/snapback]

Thank you! It's good site.

Dillo, I will happily send you some scans of some old Rovers memorabilia to show on your site...if interested pm me.

395708[/snapback]

PM you! smile.gif

Ask, DMF to take you out in town to The Grove.

395718[/snapback]

Im sure he'd prefer to go Maximes with you and Scott, eh Ben?

395721[/snapback]

The Grove, Maximes are Pubs?

some of the pictures are fantastic.

395844[/snapback]

They are brilliant.

Dillo, if you go back to Manchester go to to Rusholme & the "Curry Mile," preferably at night time. You'll get some fantastic photos.

They are brilliant.

Dillo, if you go back to Manchester go to to Rusholme & the "Curry Mile," preferably at night time. You'll get some fantastic photos.

396210[/snapback]

Thank you.

Could you tell me where is that?

and, Could you recommend other good or interesting places in Manchester?

Dillo's a she?!  ohmy.gif 

Crikey make sure that you keep her away from Abbey Village mum. wink.gif

395846[/snapback]

rover.gif having had such a good time in japan during wc2002 i feel compelled to offer dillo a bed in sunny rishton.

a serious offer but i would understand being turned down,a crazy northerner and a delightfull young jaanese girl:huh: tinykit.gif

Could you recommend other good or interesting places in Manchester?

396232[/snapback]

I don't know Manchester very well, ceratinly not any pubs!! You might find this event interesting. I think this is the first time this event has taken place, it is a modern approach to the Passion of Christ, and will be enacted through the streets of Manchester. I am planning to take the kids along to watch/take part

http://www.manchester.anglican.org/News/news.asp?ID=267

http://www.manchester.anglican.org/News/news.asp?ID=257

http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/story/0,,1695198,00.html

Quote from The Guardian:

In this case, Jerusalem will be represented by Manchester's gay and red light area near Canal Street and the Passion scene will pass via Chinatown and St Peter's Square to culminate in Albert Square.

The march will be followed by members of the public who will be encouraged to join in the singing of relevant anthems, which include the M People hit Search for a Hero Inside Yourself.

The crowd will carry a large white cross and the public will also be asked to bring a symbol of their own burden - "something they are personally concerned about" - according to senior church sources involved in the programme.

396210[/snapback]

Which curry restaurant do you recommend?

You might find this event interesting.

396830[/snapback]

sound like fun ! I'll go to there. Thanks!

Pubs usually open around 11:00am

396906[/snapback]

thanks, and What time does it close?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.