BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Legia Warsaw 1 - Rovers Nowt

Roost

HAD A HAIR BRIANED IDEA TO DRIVE........... FIVE OF US (YES YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) IN A BRAND NEW HIRE CAR. DROVE TO HARWICH, FERRY TO ROTTERDAM. STAYED ON BERLIN...AMAZING... THEN ON TO POLAND. GOT JUMPED AT A LEVEL CROSSING BY A LOAD OF POLISH NUTTERS.... THIS MADE THE FRONT PAGE OF THE TELEGRAPH... MERELY BECAUSE WE GOT LEATHERED WITH THE EDITOR OF THE TELEGRAPH AND EMBELLISHED THE STORY A BIT!!

PROBABLY ONE OF THE WORST GAMES I HAVE EVER WATCHED....... WE WERE @#/?.

AMAZING ATMOSPHERE FROM THE LEGIA FANS...PURE NOISE.

GOT A TAXI TO THE GROUND, BUT THE POLLISS WOULDNT LET US BACK TO THE SAME TAXI, WHO WE HAD ARRANGED TO MEET AFTER THE GAME.

HAD A FEW (SCARY) BEERS AFTER THE GAME THEN ONTO THE 'ARENA' BAR.... A STRIP CLUB.

GOT UP IN THE MORNING TO FIND THE CAR BLOCKED IN BY A LOAD OF HAIRY POLAK TAXI DRIVERS WHO REFUSED TO LET US OUT UNTIL WE PAID LAST NIGHTS FARE!!

HAD A DAY IN AMSTERDAM BEFORE THE FERRY HOME.

TOOK THE CAR BACK TO THE HIRE PLACE WITH 2000 MILES ON THE CLOCK AND 3000 BOULDER BURNS.

SWEET MEMORIES.......................................... :D

• 4 months later...

HAD A HAIR BRIANED IDEA TO DRIVE........... FIVE OF US (YES YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) IN A BRAND NEW HIRE CAR. DROVE TO HARWICH, FERRY TO ROTTERDAM. STAYED ON BERLIN...AMAZING... THEN ON TO POLAND. GOT JUMPED AT A LEVEL CROSSING BY A LOAD OF POLISH NUTTERS.... THIS MADE THE FRONT PAGE OF THE TELEGRAPH... MERELY BECAUSE WE GOT LEATHERED WITH THE EDITOR OF THE TELEGRAPH AND EMBELLISHED THE STORY A BIT!!

PROBABLY ONE OF THE WORST GAMES I HAVE EVER WATCHED....... WE WERE @#/?.

AMAZING ATMOSPHERE FROM THE LEGIA FANS...PURE NOISE.

GOT A TAXI TO THE GROUND, BUT THE POLLISS WOULDNT LET US BACK TO THE SAME TAXI, WHO WE HAD ARRANGED TO MEET AFTER THE GAME.

HAD A FEW (SCARY) BEERS AFTER THE GAME THEN ONTO THE 'ARENA' BAR.... A STRIP CLUB.

GOT UP IN THE MORNING TO FIND THE CAR BLOCKED IN BY A LOAD OF HAIRY POLAK TAXI DRIVERS WHO REFUSED TO LET US OUT UNTIL WE PAID LAST NIGHTS FARE!!

HAD A DAY IN AMSTERDAM BEFORE THE FERRY HOME.

TOOK THE CAR BACK TO THE HIRE PLACE WITH 2000 MILES ON THE CLOCK AND 3000 BOULDER BURNS.

SWEET MEMORIES.......................................... :D

:rover: seem to remenber this :brfc:

We also drove to this, I was 16 at the time and my dad doesn't drink so he drove his two mates and me all the way and back.

Down to Dover, a night at a friends in Germany, then on to Poland.

We stayed at a roadside motel in Poznan on the Tuesday night, which turned out to be a pick up point for the local pros and the truck drivers, it was an entertaining meal in the diner.

Wednesday on to Warsaw, picked uo the tickets for the game from the ground and checked into the Hilton for the night.

Pregame drinks involved some very strong Vodka with the locals then on to the ground which was quite a scarey prospect with the gun wiedling polish police/army.

As has been mentioned, great atmosphere in the ground from teh Leia fans, bit I think the Rovers fans were a little nervous for two reason, one Rovers were playing awful, and two the polish police were surrounding us still wielding thise guns!

After the match we managed to find the Irish bar which seemed to be home to every Rovers fan still in the city.

Wake up Thursday with a bad vodka headache and into the car.

Thursday night my Dad stops off in Berlin to le us have a few drinks, we get back into the car and he drives through the night and we wake up in Ostende for the ferry.

Over to Dover we go on the Friday afternoon and we decide to stay on Dover for the night, were we all get beaten at Pool by the local pool chamo who happens to be a woman, we are not happy.

Back in the car Saturday morning off to East Ham in London to watch Rovers beaten again by the 'ammers.

Off home to sleep all Sunday and then back to work on the Monday with quite few stories for everyone.

Never forget it.

We also drove to this, I was 16 at the time and my dad doesn't drink so he drove his two mates and me all the way and back.

Down to Dover, a night at a friends in Germany, then on to Poland.

We stayed at a roadside motel in Poznan on the Tuesday night, which turned out to be a pick up point for the local pros and the truck drivers, it was an entertaining meal in the diner.

Wednesday on to Warsaw, picked uo the tickets for the game from the ground and checked into the Hilton for the night.

Pregame drinks involved some very strong Vodka with the locals then on to the ground which was quite a scarey prospect with the gun wiedling polish police/army.

As has been mentioned, great atmosphere in the ground from teh Leia fans, bit I think the Rovers fans were a little nervous for two reason, one Rovers were playing awful, and two the polish police were surrounding us still wielding thise guns!

After the match we managed to find the Irish bar which seemed to be home to every Rovers fan still in the city.

Wake up Thursday with a bad vodka headache and into the car.

Thursday night my Dad stops off in Berlin to le us have a few drinks, we get back into the car and he drives through the night and we wake up in Ostende for the ferry.

Over to Dover we go on the Friday afternoon and we decide to stay on Dover for the night, were we all get beaten at Pool by the local pool chamo who happens to be a woman, we are not happy.

Back in the car Saturday morning off to East Ham in London to watch Rovers beaten again by the 'ammers.

Off home to sleep all Sunday and then back to work on the Monday with quite few stories for everyone.

Never forget it.

Do you remember the Burnley fan singing at the end of the game? He was stood in the side that had been occupied by the Legia fans...I thought that was QUALITY!!

We caught him in a bar after and threatened to expose him as the dingle in the ground, but he bought us off with some champions league badges (who he actually worked for)

Top few days - lousy game - bad result - long drive- ALL worth it! ;)

:rover: i thought it was the advertising boards firm he worked for,i remenber his face when i put my arm on his shoulder and asked if he was the burnley fan from the ground :o:brfc:

Yes, you are right - he did work for the ad boards firm, and travelled between Warsaw and Moscow.

We saw him in the bar that had all the Warsaw 'west ham' fans as they called themselves.

Did you travel with the club, or independantly? :huh:

Yes, you are right - he did work for the ad boards firm, and travelled between Warsaw and Moscow.

We saw him in the bar that had all the Warsaw 'west ham' fans as they called themselves.

Did you travel with the club, or independantly? :huh:

:rover: in a mondeo :ph34r: :brfc:

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.