BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

I downloaded the demo but I've been tied up with fallout 4 to give it a look.

I will do soon though, looks superb.

It really is, I can't find a fault with it! The graphics, the physics, customisation, variety etc just hits the spot with them all. Absolutely nails the soundtrack too (like Horizon 2 did).

But with Gears 4 out I'm going to have to let it take a back seat for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Backroom

I'd like to, but will probably wait for the price to come down first. I've spent quite a lot on VR games (and various other retro games) recently, so FF15 may have to wait until a later date.

I still have 4, 5, 9, 10, 12 and 13 to complete, too, so I'm in no rush :lol:

• Backroom

No doubt about it. The remake will be interesting, but nothing will ever beat the original. I generally play it through at least once a year.

Have to give a shout out to FFVIII too. It gets criticised for its overall storyline, but I absolutely love the atmosphere and game world as a whole.

I participated in a top fifty games ranking on another forum a couple of months ago, FF7 came first (of course) and FF8 came third. FF6 was back in 31st. Never completely understood the hype behind that one.

Has anyone here played Life is Strange? Took me a while to get into it but it got me eventually. It's set out like a Telltale game but it knocks spots off every one of them with better story, characters and also level of detail. Your choices actually have consequences in this game too unlike Telltale. I'm on my third playthrough at the moment and still noticing little details that I missed the other two times, really clever writing. The soundtrack is really amazing too.

I know these story kind of games aren't for everyone but if they are then I highly recommend this one.

• 4 weeks later...

I know it's a bit late to the party but I just finished Beyond: Two Souls this week (borrowing a ps4 off the brother in law), have to say I really enjoyed it. The story was a bit far out but some of the acting in it is first class, some quite emotional moments and a really likeable character played by Ellen Page. I think the reasons they went to extremes with the storyline was to showcase her abilities really. Between that and the sound (which is really top notch), I'd recommend it. Though it is barely a game! Not exactly a wide range of gameplay mechanics involved and pretty linear but still a good experience for me. Although I like the Telltale games, I prefer this game to any of them and they don't even come close to Life Is Strange! 

Heavy Rain next.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

FF 15 is still unopened from Christmas.

I'm hoping the announcement of the spec for Scorpio (it's a beast ) mrn that there is a big price drop on PS4, in time for the remaster of XII and new Kingdom Hearts (both of which I can't wait to play through with my son). 

6 hours ago, Glenn said:

FF 15 is still unopened from Christmas.

I'm hoping the announcement of the spec for Scorpio (it's a beast ) mrn that there is a big price drop on PS4, in time for the remaster of XII and new Kingdom Hearts (both of which I can't wait to play through with my son). 

If you get time, crack FF15 open, its a good game (or I think so anyway)

The Scorpio has annoyed me a little bit, seems like its out pretty quickly following the xbox one (released November 2013, 3 and a half years, against 360 Dec 2005 release, 8 years) 

Might be a bit boring for some and not exactly new , but new to me , really enjoying Cities: Skylines (Sim city type game), but recommend getting the add on packs and numerous steam workshop items that really improve the game.

Also an early access,test game called Gearcity .If you played Detroit on the Amiga it will seem familiar as it is inspired by it

Edited by perthblue02

Not exactly a new game, but I am currently playing through Until Dawn. Really enjoying it. Only got my PS4 a few months back. Got the Witcher 3, MGS 5, Fifa 17 and Fallout 4 with the console.  Out of those games I have definitely played Fifa the most, damn you ultimate team. Of the others I have to say I enjoyed The Witcher the most. I found MGS 5 just overly complicated ,with too much going on. What is it with all games just getting too complicated with stats , menus and different routes? I loved fallout 3, but I think since then it's pretty much been more of the same with those games. I may go back to it. I downloaded a nice little game last week called Mother Russia bleeds. It is like Streets of rage for adults. Really enjoying it so far.  

Anyone got any recommendations? 

Just now, Glenn said:

I lost a good 6 months to Fallout 4. Brilliant game and so so so much content in it.

I will probably go back to it at some stage. It just seemed very similar to 3. The graphics, characters, right down to the music. Plus I have no brilliant guns at the moment to explode some mutant heads.  Have you played 3?

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not exactly a new game, but I am currently playing through Until Dawn. Really enjoying it. Only got my PS4 a few months back. Got the Witcher 3, MGS 5, Fifa 17 and Fallout 4 with the console.  Out of those games I have definitely played Fifa the most, damn you ultimate team. Of the others I have to say I enjoyed The Witcher the most. I found MGS 5 just overly complicated ,with too much going on. What is it with all games just getting too complicated with stats , menus and different routes? I loved fallout 3, but I think since then it's pretty much been more of the same with those games. I may go back to it. I downloaded a nice little game last week called Mother Russia bleeds. It is like Streets of rage for adults. Really enjoying it so far.  

Anyone got any recommendations? 

If you like Until Dawn then I would suggest getting Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls. Heavy Rain is very similar in terms of your choices have actual consequences  (unlike Telltale games). Some of the quick time events in it had me literally jumping out of my seat.

Beyond is more linear but there's still enough space for you to go through each chapter a bit differently, Ellen Page plays the main character and she does it superbly. Real world class acting. Willem Dafoe also lends his acting credentials to the game.

Both made by the same developer and two really fantastic and beautifully written stories.

On 07/04/2017 at 4:13 PM, perthblue02 said:

Might be a bit boring for some and not exactly new , but new to me , really enjoying Cities: Skylines (Sim city type game), but recommend getting the add on packs and numerous steam workshop items that really improve the game.

Also an early access,test game called Gearcity .If you played Detroit on the Amiga it will seem familiar as it is inspired by it

I've been an avid player of Skylines in the past, best city building sim going as far as I'm concerned. It's alleviating traffic that is the key!

For any theme park sim fans out there I'd recommend playing Planet Coaster. I've sunk quite a few hours into it in just a couple of weeks.

Just now, donnermeat said:

If you like Until Dawn then I would suggest getting Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls. Heavy Rain is very similar in terms of your choices have actual consequences  (unlike Telltale games). Some of the quick time events in it had me literally jumping out of my seat.

Beyond is more linear but there's still enough space for you to go through each chapter a bit differently, Ellen Page plays the main character and she does it superbly. Real world class acting. Willem Dafoe also lends his acting credentials to the game.

Both made by the same developer and two really fantastic and beautifully written stories.

I've been an avid player of Skylines in the past, best city building sim going as far as I'm concerned. It's alleviating traffic that is the key!

For any theme park sim fans out there I'd recommend playing Planet Coaster. I've sunk quite a few hours into it in just a couple of weeks.

I played heavy rain. Loved it. Especially the twists in the storyline. Really well done. Also I thought the detective looked like big Sam :) I must give beyond two souls a go. Actually, have you played Fahrenheit?, The predecessor to both those games and arguably better than heavy rain imo. 

9 hours ago, donnermeat said:

True, finding strategic large roundabouts help a lot and cargo /freight stations being built well away from anywhere.

New official DLC pack being released soon focusing on transportation, don't know if you have seen that.

Edited by perthblue02

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Phil T said:

Has anybody tried Civilization VI?

I've got Civilization V and found it really good. I also bought Beyond Earth when it was on offer, but really didn't get into it.

At £50 on Steam, Civ VI is far too much for what I'm happy to pay for it, but it's on offer at £34 until next Thursday. I'm contemplating buying it, although I still think it's quite pricey. I've seen many reviews give the AI a bashing, and I'm not convinced that AI has ever been Civ's strong point!

Any thoughts, anyone?

I've liked all the Civ games over time, some more than others.  My Dad prefers Civ IV over Civ 5.

Personally, I'll wait until it's £5 or in a Humble Bundle like the rest have been recently.

6 hours ago, Phil T said:

Has anybody tried Civilization VI?

I've got Civilization V and found it really good. I also bought Beyond Earth when it was on offer, but really didn't get into it.

At £50 on Steam, Civ VI is far too much for what I'm happy to pay for it, but it's on offer at £34 until next Thursday. I'm contemplating buying it, although I still think it's quite pricey. I've seen many reviews give the AI a bashing, and I'm not convinced that AI has ever been Civ's strong point!

Any thoughts, anyone?

Still rockin Civ V. don't play it often, complete a game even less. Have no clue what I'm doing but it's a nice change to other stuff I play.

Edited by AmericanRover12