BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

New Games/General Gaming

9 hours ago, Biddy said:

I've liked all the Civ games over time, some more than others.  My Dad prefers Civ IV over Civ 5.

Personally, I'll wait until it's £5 or in a Humble Bundle like the rest have been recently.

Speaking of humble bundle, I see there's a VPN service at the pay more than the average price for $9 for a whole year VPN company. They claim no logging but has anyone used Speedify VPN before?

• 3 weeks later...

If anybody is interested in any of  the following games , DM me  with your email address and I will send you the gifting link (they were part of an humble bundle and I will never play them, not my thing)

GoNNER Press to die edition 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/437570/GoNNER/

Metrico+

http://store.steampowered.com/app/373990/Metrico/

Super Rude Bear resurrection

http://store.steampowered.com/app/384250/Super_Rude_Bear_Resurrection/

Undertale

http://store.steampowered.com/app/391540/Undertale/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Moderation Lead

Need a bit of advice lads/lasses.

All this talk of Football Manager got me thinking about getting either last season's or waiting for the new one.

But, I've not played it for years and my laptop doesn't have a DVD drive, am I right in thinking I'd go onto Steam, search for what I want and away we go?

Usually, I'm alright with technology, but I only ever play games on the PS4, so PC (well, MacBook in my case) gaming is alien to me......

Cheers for any help!

Edited by K-Hod

Pretty much it K-Hod, sign up for a steam account, download the steam client, purchase whatever you want it goes in your library, then you can download it . If you want to play off line, just set your steam client to offline.

Footy manager 2017 is quite expensive at the moment, was on sale a couple of weeks ago, 

p.s always worth checking green man gaming or humble for offers on steam keys for games. You might know this but you can buy steam keys (game registration/serial numbers) on other sites sometimes cheaper than on steam. Once you get the key log into steam , enter the key and the game appears in your library. There are some dodgy sites selling steam keys so beware , the two mentioned are legit. :)

Edited by perthblue02

If you are only after one to muck about with until the new one is out buy 16. A lot of people criticised FM17.

I'm one of those FM players that will get the new one religiously no matter the reviews. It is still best part of 40 quid though for 17 whereas I'd assume 16, which was a better game, will be cheaper.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Need a bit of advice lads/lasses.

All this talk of Football Manager got me thinking about getting either last season's or waiting for the new one.

But, I've not played it for years and my laptop doesn't have a DVD drive, am I right in thinking I'd go onto Steam, search for what I want and away we go?

Usually, I'm alright with technology, but I only ever play games on the PS4, so PC (well, MacBook in my case) gaming is alien to me......

Cheers for any help!

Yeah that's pretty much it. I'd say this is probably the default way of getting games these days. It's not any different to downloading a game from the PS Store, really. 

I don't do much FM these days, but when I do I'm still on FM15 :) I was on FM11 before then, so I tend to skip at least four or five iterations before finally upgrading. Usually because the small upgrades or changes (usually just for the sake of it) don't justify paying full price again. Plus when the newer FM's are released there are inevitably huge bugs which then take until January to patch properly. 

• Moderation Lead

Yeah, I was thinking about having a go at an older one to get me back into the swing of things. I've still got FM08 that I used to play a hell of a lot, but that's on CD/DVD....

Cheers for the replies, lads!

• Backroom

Got myself a switch on Friday once I came to terms with the fact that I'm buying it almost exclusively as a train zelda machine I'm fine with it! 

That being said I picked up mario kart and me and the boy have had some fun with it, nice to have 2 controllers (of sorts) out of the box. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, donnermeat said:

If you're up for playing an old one, then it's got to be 01/02 or 97/98! 

I haven't played footy manager for ages but the older ones are proper infuriating. When you've just got the text bar across the screen for matches.

"Utd burst into the box"

"He hammers the shot"

"What a save by the keeper"

Phew...

"But he hits the rebound"

Gasp...

"GOAL!!"

Arghhh!

Every. Single. Time.

• Like 2

I think it was something like FM2006, I always conceded once I had a throw in.

You're sat watching the blue numbered circle throw the yellow dot straight to the red numbered circle, who just charged straight past all the other blue circles and smashed the yellow dot in the white rectangle.

Keyboards/Controllers/mice/monitors just went everywhere.

15 hours ago, Tom said:

Got myself a switch on Friday once I came to terms with the fact that I'm buying it almost exclusively as a train zelda machine I'm fine with it! 

That being said I picked up mario kart and me and the boy have had some fun with it, nice to have 2 controllers (of sorts) out of the box. 

I was one of the 5 people who bought a Wii U. I have a PS4 too, so actually had games to play. currently playing twilight princess on the Wii u and really enjoying it. Breath of the wild is at home sealed waiting to be opened on completion of TP. It looks incredible. 

The new sensible soccer should be out this year. Online multi-player will be available , a brfcs league?

Think I played every platform of the original and non matched the Amiga version of sensible world of soccer ( a proper joystick breaker), so fingers crossed for this one.

Looking a bit like a modern version of kick off,

Edited by perthblue02

• Backroom
2 hours ago, donnermeat said:

I was actually going to post something similar myself, in response to Sukur.

I assume the "one outcome" they mean is actually that the player is going to miss, because he never seems to score once that comes up! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Used to love playing Kick Off 2: damn we used to have tournies in a mate's flat, which were good fun.

Sensible Soccer was nice and fluid, but lacked something Kick Off 2 had; or maybe it was halcyon bias.

Anyone of you lot play DayZ? Decent zombie survival game which is hard work and a bit of a grind. If you like the 'jingle jangle jewellery'  of COD or Battlefield, then it's not for you. If you like hardcore and time intensive, then you'll love it....until you die and lose all your gear you've scavenged. 

22 hours ago, TAFKAP said:

Used to love playing Kick Off 2: damn we used to have tournies in a mate's flat, which were good fun.

Sensible Soccer was nice and fluid, but lacked something Kick Off 2 had; or maybe it was halcyon bias.

Anyone of you lot play DayZ? Decent zombie survival game which is hard work and a bit of a grind. If you like the 'jingle jangle jewellery'  of COD or Battlefield, then it's not for you. If you like hardcore and time intensive, then you'll love it....until you die and lose all your gear you've scavenged. 

Played DayZ for a while but it never got any better. so choppy so annoying to play, so hard to jump back into where you were. over crowded or deserted servers. choppy battle. random spawns. ill play till i die of thrist and never find a gun.. My friends have moved on to PU Battlegrounds, which has a few of the same developers I believe. they love it though i havent picked it up just yet.

On 24/07/2017 at 21:35, AmericanRover12 said:

Played DayZ for a while but it never got any better. so choppy so annoying to play, so hard to jump back into where you were. over crowded or deserted servers. choppy battle. random spawns. ill play till i die of thrist and never find a gun.. My friends have moved on to PU Battlegrounds, which has a few of the same developers I believe. they love it though i havent picked it up just yet.

It's much much better nowadays; it's got a good PvE aspect to it with not only the infected after you, but also packs of wolves. Atmospherics are fantastic, and if you like to immerse yourself, you'll definitely like what they've done.   FPS is much improved too, although the latest patch has made it stutter in towns, it's still many times smoother than it was years back.

Shooting is still a grind, unlike in Arma where you could headshot at a click away with ease, but then that's the idea in making it truly hardcore survival.

Give it another try and let me know what you think.

• Like 1