Photo

New Games

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
1679 replies to this topic

#1381 sharpysharps

sharpysharps

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

Not sure really, seems to be the case for quite a few games that are across several platforms with a PC version included.

Glad you are enjoying it!

#1382 Rovermatt

Rovermatt

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9050 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 15:35 PM

Love the look of Watch Dogs. I read that the E3 demo was running on a PC. Really hope the console version doesn't suffer too badly.
“Bible camp's cancelled.

#1383 Hekla

Hekla

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1053 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 20:56 PM

I bought Spec Ops - The line on Steam earlier, it is a really great game. Only just released and is a great shooter game.

#1384 Clitherover

Clitherover

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2663 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

Guild Wars 2 release date is confirmed as the 27th August.

#1385 jones_rover

jones_rover

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 22:35 PM

Skyward Sword is a great game! How are you finding it?

#1386 Tom M

Tom M

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16711 posts

• ST Block: N01

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

Skyward Sword is a great game! How are you finding it?

Put about five hours or so into it and really liking it so far :)

Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.<br />
<br />
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.<br />
<br />
<em class='bbc'>Walt Disney</em>

#1387 American Rover12

American Rover12

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1389 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

Just bought bastion off XBLA after hearing some good things. Don't think I've ever played a game like it. Excited to start this week.

#1388 Tom M

Tom M

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16711 posts

• ST Block: N01

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

I'm also enjoying Lego pirates of the Carribean at the moment, it's nice to play things that don't try and be epic or something beyond them
Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.<br />
<br />
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.<br />
<br />
<em class='bbc'>Walt Disney</em>

#1389 sharpysharps

sharpysharps

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 15:28 PM

Hi,

Just thought i;d drop a quick message on here away from all the Rovers talk to shamelessly plug LEGO Lord of the Rings. We've had a really good year at TT Games and the final push is for Lord of the Rings to be a big success for Christmas 2012.

It's out 23rd November and a new trailer was released recently. It is very much on a par with the charm that was had with LEGO Star Wars, I think kids and older gamers alike who have a liking for the films / books will enjoy it. The game also features a huge Middle Earth hub to explore between the more linear levels of the game.

Here's a link to the trailer.

#1390 ultrablue

ultrablue

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

Please tell me someone else is playing the Walking Dead game by TellTale.

I've just finished the final episode and bloody hell was it good! So many tough choices. I've never been so emotionally moved by a game in my life!

If you haven't played it, I won't spoil anything. It's on offer on Steam at the moment for under a tenner (I think)

Go get it so I have someone to talk to about it!

#1391 donnermeat

donnermeat

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 17:05 PM

Hotline Miami is absolutely nuts. Tripping b@lls.

#1392 Amarillo

Amarillo

Villarreal CF/Rovers fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14251 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 17:39 PM

Haven't asked Santa for any games this Christmas. Just nothing out at the moment that takes my fancy. Two games I am hyped for are 'The Last of Us' and 'Ken's Rage 2', both of which aren't out until next year.

Besides, there's still a few old-skool games I need to go back and finish.

Edited by Topman, 23 November 2012 - 17:43 PM.

The artist formerly known as Topman

"Only he is lost who gives himself up for lost."

#1393 BuckyRover

BuckyRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7417 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

I've just finished the final episode and bloody hell was it good! So many tough choices. I've never been so emotionally moved by a game in my life!

If you haven't played it, I won't spoil anything. It's on offer on Steam at the moment for under a tenner (I think)

Loving it so far. Have played episodes 1-4. Need to download 5. Looking forward to it
BuckyRover: Has NOT supported Ince since 12 minutes into the Wigan game.

In case you needed reminding....

#1394 ultrablue

ultrablue

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

episode 5 is short but really emotional. exactly the kind of note you want to finish on. a heart wrenching finale just enough left open to get you thinking about a series 2. Clem is awesome!

#1395 Salgado Is A Hero

Salgado Is A Hero

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2997 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

Has anyone played the new Assassin's Creed?

I've never played one before as I don't play the Playstation too much, and when I do it's usually either Fifa or GTA, but the advert looked good and I've heard the previous 2 were good.
He called me a rapist and a recluse. I'm not a recluse - Mike Tyson

#1396 Kamy100

Kamy100

Champions League

• Backroom Team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2391 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

Has anyone played the new Assassin's Creed?

I've never played one before as I don't play the Playstation too much, and when I do it's usually either Fifa or GTA, but the advert looked good and I've heard the previous 2 were good.

I finished the main story last week.

After about 5 hours I was about to chuck it in as the storyline was very slow, but then it really picked up and I loved it. Really good storyliner and the gameplay is very good. It took me just over 25 hours the finish the main story. There are tons of extra side missions to do so I reckon that I can get circa 70 hours out of the game if I wanted.

Is there a disc based version of this available on the PS3?

Am I reading it right that it is £15.99 on the PSN will allow me to download and play the 5 episides?

#1397 Biddy

Biddy

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2587 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 14:35 PM

Yes, that should be the case. The PC version of Episode 5 came with all the episodes.

So glad someone mentioned this here, just started playing episode one and it really is good. Not too much in the way of gameplay but a great story and very much in a comic book style.

#1398 Baz

Baz

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3459 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 22:34 PM

The new Sim City due out in February looks really good. Couple of trailers on here....

http://www.simcity.com/en_US
'Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

#1399 The Hypnotic

The Hypnotic

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Xbox Gamer Tag:Kinhilt Warrior

Posted 08 January 2013 - 17:25 PM

Hotline Miami is absolutely nuts. Tripping b@lls.

Yes!

The soundtrack is amazing, very well styled also. Kind of like old skool GTA with more violence :)

If you like the indie games I am sure you have tried Super Meat Boy? If not it is amazing, for me the best game to be released in years (even though it is a bit old in the tooth now). It reminds me of old platform games and also comes up with some new twists.

Edit: Braid is another good indie platformer, more headmelting rather than old skool though.

Another favourite indie game of mine is Geometry Wars - proper old skool shoot-em-up.

On a similar note any of the older generation remember Elite? It seems like the king of games IS getting a release now that it has gotten funding. What a game :)

http://news.sky.com/...starter-funding

Edited by The Hypnotic, 08 January 2013 - 17:26 PM.

#1400 donnermeat

donnermeat

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 18:48 PM

Yes!

The soundtrack is amazing, very well styled also. Kind of like old skool GTA with more violence :)

If you like the indie games I am sure you have tried Super Meat Boy? If not it is amazing, for me the best game to be released in years (even though it is a bit old in the tooth now). It reminds me of old platform games and also comes up with some new twists.

Edit: Braid is another good indie platformer, more headmelting rather than old skool though.

Another favourite indie game of mine is Geometry Wars - proper old skool shoot-em-up.

On a similar note any of the older generation remember Elite? It seems like the king of games IS getting a release now that it has gotten funding. What a game :)
http://news.sky.com/...starter-funding

Agreed, the soundtrack is class, suits it down to the ground.

Funnily enough I got Super Meat Boy a few weeks ago after being hounded to get it by my mate, I'm glad I did definitely. It's a ton of fun and also nuts like Hotline!

I've not played Braid however I keep meaning to, it's one of those. Sadly I know the twist at the end, do you think that would take anything away from the game if I play it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.