Photo

Simon Garner...any Clips?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
150 replies to this topic

#21 neekoy

neekoy

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3265 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:48 AM

Rip it to AVI (with a Video Capture Card for computer) or burn to DVD (DVD Recorder burning from VCR)

If you rip to AVI depending on the length of fiel you may need to some good backup space

I think youtube will take AVI, if not convert it to FLV (Flash) using RIVA Free Encoder

If you burn to DVD rip the DVD files from disc onto your computer then convert to FLV

#22 ihateburnley

ihateburnley

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2063 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:30 AM

Easy peasy.

13:37 01/04/01 - Craig Hignett scores and Blackburn Rovers officially own Burnley FC

#23 whittle blue

whittle blue

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 20:23 PM

IF I get time, I've got some recordings (the Man. city game & all sorts of stuff from news items).
I need a bit of help to get me on the way.
I've got a DVD recorder.
Trouble is when I've recorded tapes to DVD, the disc will work only in the DVD recorder.
It wont work on another player or even in the PC drive.
Why????
(The discs are DVD -R but don't have to be).
Ta

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein

#24 Fife Rover

Fife Rover

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4843 posts

• ST Block: w11

Posted 29 March 2007 - 20:32 PM

QUOTE(whittle blue @ Mar 29 2007, 21:23 ) View Post
IF I get time, I've got some recordings (the Man. city game & all sorts of stuff from news items).
I need a bit of help to get me on the way.
I've got a DVD recorder.
Trouble is when I've recorded tapes to DVD, the disc will work only in the DVD recorder.
It wont work on another player or even in the PC drive.
Why????
(The discs are DVD -R but don't have to be).
Ta

Did you finalise them before trying to play in another player? Until they are finalised they will only play in the machine they were recorded in. The other possibility that would give you that problem is if you have formated your disk in the VR mode; to be able to play back in any DVD player or PC-DVD slot you must format in Video Mode. However this should not apply to DVD-R disks as they do not need formatting!

Edited by Fife Rover, 29 March 2007 - 20:38 PM.

#25 BrianPotter

BrianPotter

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:46 PM

Would love to see a copy of the season review video of the game when we beat Barnsley 5-0 at Ewood. Must of been around 88-89 time, Garner scored a hat trick. The guy commentating on those videos was class sheer class! Me and my mates at the time had such a good laugh at his comments.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Sonja: " I don't want so sleep in Lynn's dead mothers bed Alan!"
Alan Partridge: "Well Michael did something very similar last night and he's very happy"

#26 whittle blue

whittle blue

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 15:22 PM

Thanks Fife

Brian Potter - I've got the Barnsley goals :rover:

Edited by whittle blue, 30 March 2007 - 15:31 PM.

#27 bluebruce

bluebruce

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts
  • Location:Blackburn born, Darwen raised, Staffordshire educated, now in Blackpool

Posted 26 September 2007 - 20:10 PM

Wondering if anything came of this...did anyone get any clips uploaded, or could they? I'd love to see the man in action.
BRFC
Once proud...
...now Rao'd.

#28 BRFC4EVA

BRFC4EVA

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1813 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 21:49 PM

Same situation with me really, im only 20 and i never saw the great man in action! The only footage ive seen of him is on the official 91-92 season review video! Still looked a supreme finisher! tinykit.gif
Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
That government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth."

The first and last sentences of Abraham Lincoln's famous speech.

#29 whittle blue

whittle blue

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 15:34 PM

Just uploaded
Rovers v Barnsley 1989 - Simon Garner hat trick

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein

#30 GAV

GAV

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9783 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 15:48 PM

Seems like yesterday.

Oh mercerman, come out come out wherever you are! :tu:

#31 philipl

philipl

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27435 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 15:50 PM

Thank you- that was just wonderful to see again.

#32 revolutionrock!

revolutionrock!

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 15:51 PM

QUOTE(whittle blue @ Sep 30 2007, 16:34 ) View Post

Superb. Never seen him play , im young, such a talent.
Know Your Rights!

#33 bob fleming

bob fleming

Bob Flemming

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6835 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 17:10 PM

Cheers W.B! Those were the bad old days of course. Great goals.

#34 DanLad

DanLad

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1970 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 18:16 PM

QUOTE(whittle blue @ Sep 30 2007, 16:34 ) View Post

Thanks, Whittle Blue! That was bloody brilliant!

#35 SIMON GARNERS 194

SIMON GARNERS 194

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10368 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 18:27 PM

LEGENDARY tinykit.gif

Blackburn Rovers....THE most successful town club in the land!

SOS...Save our club from Venky's!!

#36 ABBEY

ABBEY

King Venky Hater

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22738 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 19:42 PM

i just shot on the lappy haha

**WARNING** grasses and babies alert..deedums..

#37 dcbrfc

dcbrfc

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 23:53 PM

I just got a DVD of the Full Members Final 1987 off Ebay. Only a VHS - DVD conversion but if someone can tell me what to do I'll stick it up on youtube. If possible can I chop it up as it would take ages to upload the whole thing, if that's even possible!
Page monkey and Twitter correspondent (@roversfanzine) for 4,000 Holes - The only unofficial Blackburn Rovers fanzine

Lancashire Telegraph Rovers fans columnist

#38 Ray-Von

Ray-Von

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:47 AM

Excellent link, although I wish the highlights would have shown Andy Kennedy's silly little dance after his goal. I seem to remember a section on "Kick Off" dedicated to it on one episode...

Off topic, but does anyone remember the Watford game the following season (the late kick off and pelting a young David James with applause bars) when he scored for Watford, did the dance in front of the Blackburn End, and his goal was disallowed?

#39 elwaxo

elwaxo

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 13:09 PM

fantastic clip.......we need more like it.

my first ever goal was a garner.......memories.
1-0 Garner (90)

#40 berkshireblue

berkshireblue

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Location:Now Bourton -on the Water, Cotswolds, Gloucestershire

Posted 01 October 2007 - 14:15 PM

Seems like yesterday..

was on the terrace Nuttall street, there were about 12 lads in front of me who did not cheer when the first goal went in, the steward clocked them and a police man walked them through the red gate in the fence and off to the darwen end...2 of them stayed on avoiding the police and looked well glum by the end!
" I thought I would never forget the feeling driving up the M1 after Play off final defeat at Palarse" But I did on May 14th 1995 in the kop and at Cardiff Millenium Stadium in Feb 2002"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.