BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Simon Garner...any Clips?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smashing stuff WB, you keep pulling little gems out of the bag....as well as Rovers memories.....it was nice to see, if I'm not mistaken, Tont Daley bombing down the villa wing, he was an exciting player.

Keep 'em coming WB - I remember that game like it was yesterday. Due to the Riverside being closed, I was in the Darwen End enclosure enduring a hailstorm of coins from the Villa lot - well worth it though

Priceless footage this,keep it coming please!

Most were in the BBE getting crushed! ........ nearly 18,000 I do believe that game.

Don't think I can ever remember the Blackburn end being as full as it was for the Villa match, wonderful scenes and great memories.

My VHS tape snapped some years ago, I had all this stuff, great to see it again.

Don't think I can ever remember the Blackburn end being as full as it was for the Villa match, wonderful scenes and great memories.

My VHS tape snapped some years ago, I had all this stuff, great to see it again.

Just how the flurk did you mamage to see that game Gav....who's shoulders were you sat on? ;)

Nightmare getting out if I remember too...if you had have lost your footing :o

Just how the flurk did you mamage to see that game Gav....who's shoulders were you sat on? ;)

Yours if memory serves me correctly :D

Or maybe I was stood on the big step towards the riverside, who remembers the big step, I know Debs and Giddygoat do.

If memory serves me correctly it was 4k at Stoke that day.

The following at Stoke that ended the unbeaten run of 20+ games was massive, many Rovers fans locked out that day and I DIDN'T GO........ :angry2: decided to go to Plymouth instead........Reports said 5-6k but I wasn't there, SG194??????

The following at Stoke that ended the unbeaten run of 20+ games was massive, many Rovers fans locked out that day and I DIDN'T GO........ :angry2: decided to go to Plymouth instead........Reports said 5-6k but I wasn't there, SG194??????

Hard to say Gav if I remember right we were all stuck down one of the sides of the ground, rather than behind a goal - it was jam packed, if not dangerous. 5k won't be far off I'd imagine but it's a long time ago now.

Whittle Blue - legendary stuff fella. Please keep it coming.

If memory serves me correctly it was 4k at Stoke that day.

Around 5k at a guess Gav and yes we were packed down the side into a paddock that hardly had any steps or crash barriers.....fighting broke out at the end of the match with the stoke fans behind the goal.

Remember this game well, classic goals from the great man.

Keeley knew how to make an impression didn't he? What a tackle. I like the way he went over to say sorry after and got away with it as usual. I don't think Davidson ever really recovered from that.

Didn't think much of the Jim Davidson and Fred Gee strike pairing at Derby, no wonder we beat them.

Yours if memory serves me correctly :D

Or maybe I was stood on the big step towards the riverside, who remembers the big step, I know Debs and Giddygoat do.

That was my favourite place for years, and was the reason I had to ensure I got on the ground early as it was always a target for the early comers. Absolutely fabulous view with no chance of any one in front obstructing your view because they were at least 3 feet below you.

This is probably a stupid question; Why is there a sign at the Blackburn End which says; "Please no bad language Don"?

It was a supposed "Appeal" from the manager at the time, Don Mackay, to cut down on swearing from the BBE. Didn't do much good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.