BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hang Em High

I'm surprised the Mr Angrys of Accrington haven't provided the usual "What we need is another war" solution. Certainly killed off a few undesirables in 1914-18 and 1939-45 eh what ??

Good point Jim unfortunately the cannon-fodder tactic of warfare has been consigned to the history books. For one they'd never get em up in the morning and two the H&S exec would never let up climb out of trenches on wooden ladders without anti-slip devices attached.

What we do need desperately is another Australia..... but I hardly expect you to agree with that. :rolleyes: And anyway they send the bguggers back now!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whilst I can understand and sympathise with your outrage at a crime in which people who were "culturally different" where set upon by thicko yobs, we will have to agree to disagree on your knee jerk non-solution . Stefan Kizko anybody?

Kizko had evidence fabrigated against him. Do you think there is room for doubt with these two ES?

Simple economics Colin. £50k a week to keep them locked up, £8 for a length of rope that hangs them, and can be re-used a number of times. They will never form useful members of society and I therefore object to funding their existence in a cage for the rest of their entirely pointless lives. They chose to viciously attack two young people without provocation and they therefore gave up thier rights to live in our society.

That's my view and I would very happily vote in favour of the death sentence being re-introduced for such cases.

In the United States it costs more to put someone to death than it does to keep them in prison for life. I'd imagine it would be the same here if reintroduced.

I agree with Bryan, most of those in favour of the death penalty say it's because everyone gets out early, which to me means that the system needs to be reviewed and changed, but it doesn't mean that we have to use the death penalty.

What do we do when an innocent man is killed?

Don't be silly. What makes you think it is different or better elsewhere ?

Jim - Don't be silly calling me silly <_<

What makes me think it's different or better elsewhere?............My eyes.

What you say about the good old US of A is correct but what happens there usually (unfortunately) happens here a decade or so down the line.

Sure, other countries have problems but not on the scale of this place. I travel to Spain several times each year and I have been to Norway each year for the last ten. I can honestly say I have never seen a gang of yobs hanging around in either of these countries and I don't just travel in the touristy areas.

We have family in Australia (and have visited) and some of the reasons they emigrated were for a better standard of living coupled with the outdoor way of life and a government that has the balls to stand up for itself and say what it thinks.

Nowhere is perfect Jim - as you point out, the general level of public behaviour gets worse everywhere - but there are damn sight better places than the UK.

- but there are damn sight better places than the UK.

Rubbish.

One of the joys of travelling abroad is returning home to the best country in the world.

You would fit in well in Australia with all the other whingers.

Is it fair for the state to metaphorically wash its hands of any such cases and abdicate responsibility to untrained parents?

The first responsibility of the state MUST be to protect society as a whole rather than the rights of individuals.

I'm not quite sure how those two sentences can follow each other. Can you explain further?

Rubbish.

You would fit in well in Australia with all the other whingers.

:lol:

Jim - I feel like typing something which would earn me a ban, but I won't. Suffice to say you are an ignorant so and so.

Obviously the mention of the word Australia has, once again, touched a nerve.

In case you have forgotten, Australia is the country that wups our arses on almost every occasion that they play us at our favourite hobby......cricket. That's Australia with a population of around 18.5 million against the UK's 59 million.

That's Australia with a population of around 18.5 million against the UK's 59 million.

21 million...and still the highest ratio of immigrants are from the UK.

Says something about the ######## they are leaving behind.

Note to Modes you enjoying playing with your new powers? Try fixing the swear filter.

First Leon Best won Pop Idol....

Now mode98 wins Mod Idol.

Rigged.

Leon Best won Pop Idol? Pop Idol Wiki

Do you mean Leon Jackson, X factor winner?

There are 3 new mods, Simon Cowell was obviously impressed with us.

zimbabwe votes not rigged said modes hahahaha

Well rigging it didn't do him many favours, looks like he's lost. About time to.

Leon Best won Pop Idol? Pop Idol Wiki

Do you mean Leon Jackson, X factor winner?

There are 3 new mods, Simon Cowell was obviously impressed with us.

Well rigging it didn't do him many favours, looks like he's lost. About time to.

Strangely I take pride from the fact I got that wrong.

Who are the other two power yielding whores?

Strangely I take pride from the fact I got that wrong.

Who are the other two power yielding whores?

Footballer and supposed singer, i suppose they are alike. Mind you Leon Best does play for Coventry, his footballing pedigree does have to be questionned.

In the United States it costs more to put someone to death than it does to keep them in prison for life. I'd imagine it would be the same here if reintroduced.

I agree with Bryan, most of those in favour of the death penalty say it's because everyone gets out early, which to me means that the system needs to be reviewed and changed, but it doesn't mean that we have to use the death penalty.

What do we do when an innocent man is killed?

I like how nobody has picked up that fact Eddie. I have also read that before myself.

That single handedly wipes out one of the pro camps main reasons for re-introduction.

What do we do when an innocent man is killed? -- Cover it up like they used to in the "good old days"!

Jim - I feel like typing something which would earn me a ban, but I won't. Suffice to say you are an ignorant so and so.

Not ignorant dear boy, just love my country and dislike people such as yourself who constantly criticise it.

Shut the door on your way out to the third world banana republic.

Good ruddy riddance.

sorry Jim but you are blinkered.

New Zealand looks good to me.

A Kiwi writes from LA:

Every time we return from the U.S., the nasty, thuggish side of New Zealand returns to unsettle us. Crime is plummeting in L.A. where we live - violent crime especially. We don't get thuggish intimidating dregs wandering our neighbourhoods - they stay on their own turf, where all the big problems are. We have no graffiti and little or no vandalism for miles around.(What is it that makes kiwis want to destroy everything all the time??) People walk the streets and exercise after dark around here. I wouldn't even walk around St Heliers after dark. Sounds crazy, but it's true. Violence in N.Z. is endemic and scarily on the rise. Here it is falling a lot. What does that say about the policing styles?! Apparently they work here, and in N.Z. the crims think the cops are a joke, coz there is no consequence for ones actions. Glad we live here.

The reality is that in the USA you are proportionately 4 times more likely to be murdered and 10 times more likely to be violently assaulted or raped than in NZ. And LA is one of the more violent places in the USA.

However, violent crime is increasing at an alarming rate in NZ with a violent under-tow which extends far more into "middle-class" society than in other countries.

Not ignorant dear boy, just love my country and dislike people such as yourself who constantly criticise it.

Shut the door on your way out to the third world banana republic.

Good ruddy riddance.

Firstly, re the ingorant bit, just re read your post. :rolleyes:

Secondly, don't give me the 'dear boy' stuff.

Thirdly, I do not constantly criticise the UK.

For the record and as den says to get the topic back on track, I also love my country, as most decent people should do. There is such a diverse range of habitat here which makes it hard to beat. It's a beautiful place, areas like Dorset, Devon & Cornwall to the Lakes and Dales to the Scottish Highlands. The problem I have is not the country but the people in it. Whilst most folk are fine, there is a growing minority (or should that read majority) of underclass who show utter contempt for law and order which results in murders like the one we are discussing. Other countries do have similar problems but most not on the scale we have in the UK.

As such, I feel strongly about bringing back the death penalty in an attempt to provide a suitable deterrent for crimes like murder.

If you don't feel the same way, that's fine. I don't think anyone really knows your feelings on any of the subjects we discuss on here because your sole purpose in life seems to be sniping at folk you disagree with and attempting put downs with your one and two sentence replies.

Going off track for a minute and to give our Aussie friends a laugh can you tell me how many times England have played Australia in test matches over say the last 50 years and give the number of wins, losses and draws? :lol:

Going off track for a minute and to give our Aussie friends a laugh can you tell me how many times England have played Australia in test matches over say the last 50 years and give the number of wins, losses and draws? :lol:

Oh come on Jim, don't be shy! I thought you'd have had that information at your fingertips! :lol:

Archived