BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

Can we keep on topic please to make this topic more easily readable in the future. Posting Guidelines, Irrelevant posts will be removed.

Can we try to get back to creating separate topics for discussions. Unless that happens, then the current problems of readability will still continue.

Any unnecessary quotes will be removed. Please edit longer quotes to just the bit you are referring to in your post.

Last Updates from Nicko:

the usual 11pm update will be provided.

Bentley on his own is £17 million.

Robinson is whatever fee they sort out between them.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quoting him but he effectively said.

1- Very happy about Roque Santa Cruz staying. He met him for training for the first time yesterday, and he said he's a lovely guy...

2- With regards to Bentley and Friedel, he hasnt received anymore offers, but didnt want to talk about it any further

3- Incoming transfers. He said it was very quiet... Nothing to report... :huh:

Not quoting him but he effectively said.

1- Very happy about Roque Santa Cruz staying. He met him for training for the first time yesterday, and he said he's a lovely guy...

2- With regards to Bentley and Friedel, he hasnt received anymore offers, but didnt want to talk about it any further

3- Incoming transfers. He said it was very quiet... Nothing to report... :huh:

I'm very happy Roque is staying :brfcsmilie:

Has anyone heard anything on the jaoquin story? NOT SURE THAT ONE IS TRUE.

It is just not a Blackburn signing is it?

just got off holiday so trying to catch up!

Did Nicko say anything about it, it came from the People didnt it? IT WAS...BUT NOT GUILTY OF WRITING IT.

no sign of Castillo.unless he is meeting up with rovers in germany.

The LET article suggests they are seeking permission for him to join up in Germany. I assume that means he would go straight there for a 'trial'. However his various owners may not let him and then we're back to stage one.

The LET article suggests they are seeking permission for him to join up in Germany. I assume that means he would go straight there for a 'trial'. However his various owners may not let him and then we're back to stage one.

Castillo is going to the camp. But I don't think the word 'trial' is correct. I can't imagine a £4.5 million asset will play a trial. I think it is more likely they will look at him, do some medical checks and then do the business.

He IS a major player and they don't tend to tolerate trials.

Castillo is going to the camp. But I don't think the word 'trial' is correct. I can't imagine a £4.5 million asset will play a trial. I think it is more likely they will look at him, do some medical checks and then do the business.

He IS a major player and they don't tend to tolerate trials.

I knew you didnt write it but was wondering if you knew where it came from?

I knew you didnt write it but was wondering if you knew where it came from?

No idea. It's not a name that is being discussed from what I hear...but that can always change.

Joaquin WAS a very good player but he went off. If he was that good he would have been snapped up by a Spanish rival.

No idea. It's not a name that is being discussed from what I hear...but that can always change.

Joaquin WAS a very good player but he went off. If he was that good he would have been snapped up by a Spanish rival.

I like Joacquin as a player, he has been poor for a couple of seasons but I think a move to the right club could be tha very thing he needs to ressurect his career...

Did you say there'll be an 11pm announcement tonight?

Castillo looks a decent player,think were also looking at another couple of midfielders!

Hope we can get a player who has a similar impact to Bellamy, McCarthy and Santa Cruz in recent seasons!

I hope Mr Williams and company dont mess this one up as well........look what they did this time last year with Castillo`s team mate Valencia..........Rovers messed about like they are doing now and Wigan nipped in and stole him from under our noses..........

Get On with it Mr williams remember what you said when Ince was appointed Mr Williams:

"The only change is that we now have a new manager who will have new ideas, but what he can expect is the same degree of consistent backing that Mark (Hughes) got.

"One of the great things about being the manager of Blackburn Rovers is that you can rely on the support of the boardroom."

Like the sound of this Costillo. Tim Vickery was asked about him on Friday night and he said he was a great player who was ideally suited to the EPL. Defensive midfielder who tackles and passes well. Sounds like a good un!

Nicko,

Not to be picky, but could you tell us the "funny Fowler" story? I remember last night saying you were going to update us all at 11pm, and the Fowler story was part of it. I searched high and low for it but to no avail.

Let me guess, he fell over his own nose?

Nicko,

Not to be picky, but could you tell us the "funny Fowler" story? I remember last night saying you were going to update us all at 11pm, and the Fowler story was part of it. I searched high and low for it but to no avail.

Let me guess, he fell over his own nose?

i think it was that he injured himself AGAIN.

i might be wrong, but i remember reading that on here yesterday nght.

Just saw the interview om SSN, Ince looks well DELETED with questioning about players leaving. He better get used it!

Ince had a look in his eye which suggested that no one will be leaving without a fight.

PLEASE DON'T TRY GETTING AROUND THE SWEAR FILTER.

Archived