BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers 4 Manchester U 3

Commondore

It seems my memories from this match is getting foggier and foggier by the minute, but I do remember Bentley scoring a hat-trick on the day of his permanent transfer, one being on the rebound of a fantastic Gamst Pedersen screamer against Van Der Sars crossbar. Lucas Neill got a goal from a penalty, and Rio Ferdinand played central midfield for United in the first half and was rubbish.

I really need some more facts here. Starting lineups, the games starting time, goalscorers, attendance, substitutions... Please help me out!

PS: Was this the same season when we were a Mickey Gray header against the crossbar at White Heart Lane from breaking into the top 4?

It seems my memories from this match is getting foggier and foggier by the minute, but I do remember Bentley scoring a hat-trick on the day of his permanent transfer, one being on the rebound of a fantastic Gamst Pedersen screamer against Van Der Sars crossbar. Lucas Neill got a goal from a penalty, and Rio Ferdinand played central midfield for United in the first half and was rubbish.

I really need some more facts here. Starting lineups, the games starting time, goalscorers, attendance, substitutions... Please help me out!

PS: Was this the same season when we were a Mickey Gray header against the crossbar at White Heart Lane from breaking into the top 4?

The bare statistics - soccerbase. Seem to remember Pedersen's 'screamer' being a free kick, might be wrong. The goals are probably on Youtube - afraid I haven't got time to search.

Lucas scored a penalty just before half time, and took it so coolly, just a simple walk up and side foot-class!

When Bentley scored his hat trick goal just after the break, I went into a trance like state, as the years of hammerings and injustice at the hands of United and their fans began to melt away, Rovers 4-1 up against the @#/?s!

Ruud Van Horseface came on and paggered us for a bit, but we hung on and when the whistle went-such joy.

Highlight was of course Rio Ferdinand cockily back heading in his own area to Van Der Saar, only for VDS to be right behind him, and allowing Bentley to tap the ball in in front of 7,000 manc sumbags!

Enjoy-gallery_1768_2_948537.jpg

• 1 month later...

In conclusion...

ROVERS:

------------Friedel------------

--Neill...Todd...Nelsen...Gray--

--Reid...Savage...Tugay...Pedersen---

------------Bentley------------

-------------Kuqi-------------

GOALS: Bentley 35, 41, 56, Neill 45 (pen)

BOOKINGS: Kuqi, Todd, Tugay

SUBS: Enckelman, Peter, Emerton (For Tugay 45), Mokoena (For Savage 89), Johnson (For Bentley 89)

MANCHESTER U:

-------------Van Der Sar-------------

--G.Neville...Vidic...Brown...Evra--

--Ronaldo...Fletcher...Ferdinand...Richardson--

----------Rooney...Saha----------

GOALS: Saha 37, van Nistelrooy 63, 68

BOOKINGS: Brown, Vidic, Ferdinand (sent off 88)

SUBS: Howard, Park, Piqué, van Nistelrooy (for Saha 54), Silvestre (For Brown 76)

Ewood Park, attendance 25484

• 9 months later...

Who can forget the hoot we had baiting Ferdinand. "Rio is a Rover"

Best thing is as he came out for the 2nd half he totally bit and started kissing his badge in front of the Blackburn End. What a pleb, it just made us laugh at him more. :lol:

The bloke next to me was from Ireland seeing his first ever game. When we went 4-1 up he ended up about 15 rows away going absolutely radio rental :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.