BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2010

Iceman

I know there is a World Cup thread, but i thought id freshen it up a bit.

Tomorrow is the draw, and a few interesting teams not seeded. The likes of France and Portugal, could find themselves in perhaps a group of death scenario. I think draw starts at 6pm UK time. Any thoughts on who you might want in your group?

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pot 1 (seeded teams): Argentina, Brazil, England, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, South Africa, Spain

Pot 2 (AFC + OFC + CONCACAF): Australia, Honduras, Japan, Korea DPR, Korea Republic, Mexico, New Zealand, USA

Pot 3 (CAF + rest of CONMEBOL): Algeria, Cameroon, Chile, Côte d'Ivoire(Ivory Coast), Ghana, Nigeria, Paraguay, Uruguay

Pot 4 (rest of UEFA): Denmark, France, Greece, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland

Its hectic scenes already here in Cape Town. Street party started as early as 5am, with big screens setup for those unable to get into the main venue for the draw. Exciting times ahead, and its going to be brilliant.

Its hectic scenes already here in Cape Town. Street party started as early as 5am, with big screens setup for those unable to get into the main venue for the draw. Exciting times ahead, and its going to be brilliant.

Iceman where do you live in CT?

Been a few times , hear the stadium is in seapoint which should be interesting, been to some friendly bars there..

Have friends in fresnaye and Camps bay

Why do you all want Australia? We're a pretty good team, were as high as 14th in the rankings. First team to qualify for the WC, 7 Premier League players. I am hoping it's for the rivalry factor rather than us being 'easybeats' because we might surprise you. We qualified last time around in a Group that had Brazil, Croatia and Japan.

Why do you all want Australia? We're a pretty good team, were as high as 14th in the rankings. First team to qualify for the WC, 7 Premier League players. I am hoping it's for the rivalry factor rather than us being 'easybeats' because we might surprise you. We qualified last time around in a Group that had Brazil, Croatia and Japan.

It's 100% the rivalry factor for me, you are a good team and I definatley wouldn't consider you easy beats.

Love Australia and the people, always enjoy every sporting event between our 2 nations.

You beat us last time in a friendly so we need to get revenge, plus it should be a good build up.

Yeah, but Vince Grella plays for you guys...

Liking that draw - it's not bad for England, and in terms of tickets we've ended up with (all Cape Town) ...

11-Jun Uruguay v France

14-Jun Italy v Paraguay

18-Jun England v Algeria

21-Jun Portugal v North Korea

24-Jun Cameroun v Netherlands

And our last 16 game will probably be Spain v Portugal / Brazil / Ivory Coast.

(Please don't use that word again) it. SA get Mexico, Uruguay and France. So much for easy group for us.

Iceman where do you live in CT?

Been a few times , hear the stadium is in seapoint which should be interesting, been to some friendly bars there..

Have friends in fresnaye and Camps bay

Im from a place called Mitchells Plain. Its about a 30 to 40 min drive to the Green Point stadium. Green Point stadium is about 10 mins away from the beach at Seapoint.

Archived