SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2010

Iceman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish ITV would shut up about Suarez. Yeah, the boy did bad. Boo-hoo. Ghana went out because they couldn't take penalties for toffee. And how much does Chiles earn? £1m p.a? But he can't go five seconds without looking at his notes. What a schlock.

Did I say how much I loathe ITV Football?

I agree and i wish they would stop saying the punishment for Suarez should of been much greater. He got the regular punishment, a red card, Ghana got a penalty and Suarez got a one match ban. Its not his fault Ghana missed, this wouldnt have been made such a talking point if it wasnt in the last minute(which dosent make a difference) and because it was an African team. Who arnt called 'The Whole of Africa.'

I wish ITV would shut up about Suarez. Yeah, the boy did bad. Boo-hoo. Ghana went out because they couldn't take penalties for toffee. And how much does Chiles earn? £1m p.a? But he can't go five seconds without looking at his notes. What a schlock.

Bit interesting to see the viewing figures for the final, hopefully ITV will get a kicking

You seem to have loathed everything that had an English connection in this world cup. You should probably go abroad to watch the next one.

You seem to have loathed everything that had an English connection in this world cup. You should probably go abroad to watch the next one.

If it means I can avoid the #### on ITV, then I might just do that.

So unlucky from Forlan right at the end there, but I think Germany deservedly got 3rd place. Shame Klose couldn't have played to get his 15th goal, but maybe he'll just be hanging around by Brazil.

Found an excellent post on the ITV forums:

Mr Chiles' sense of injustice over Uruguay's semi-successful passage into the last four is misplaced because: Uruguay clearly should have had a penalty of their own in extra time.

The free kick awarded against Fucile which led to the penalty should never have been awarded. The first shot which Suarez blocked on the line with his shin, came from a player who clearly gained an advantage from being in an offside position when the ball was initially headed on.

Let's not forget either that Ghana had already had the benefit of the decision against Harry Kewell in their group game. Had Kewell not been sent off for what was not a deliberate handball, Ghana may well not have got out of the group.

So yeah. All this talk about Suarez being a dirty cheat who crushed the hopes of Africa is very misleading. If the tables were turned and Ghana won the game, after a handball incident, would ITV generate the same uproar? Or would they gloss over it with platitudes of "Well, it's not right, but it's just human instinct. Uruguay should scored the spot kick anyway, Adrian."

Archived