BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dwight Yorke...."Why I Had To Quit Rovers"

cletus

If you read the article as a neutral you will have sympathy for Dwight. However if you remember that he showed very little effort and commitment, the basic ingredient in my eyes for a footballer, then the sympathy soon vanishes with regards to his treatment at Rovers.

A lazy so-and-so...showed very little commitment..the one thing alway got on my nerves about him was the way he always laughed when he missed a goal scoring opportunity..which was quite often..

A lazy so-and-so...showed very little commitment..the one thing alway got on my nerves about him was the way he always laughed when he missed a goal scoring opportunity..which was quite often..

"Plays with a smile on his face"

or

"does'nt give a shiny s**** but is being paid henious amounts for his trouble, you'd be smiling too!"

When the inevitable happens and Benni leaves in January, will people in time say the same thing about him as they say about Dwight Yorke.

To me similar players with similar outlooks on the game.

Whilst Benny`s contribution to the Rovers cause hasn`t been the greatest considering his obvious talent, it dwarfs the contribution Yorke made ten fold. But that`s just my opinion :unsure:

Not just your opinion mate, it's a fact. To compare Yorke's Rovers career to Benni's is a joke. Benni has not been at his best for a couple of seasons but was outstanding in his first season and scored most of the goals that kept us up last year. He's been alright this year too. Yorke was a tosser all the way through his time at Rovers.

Not saying he deserved what Souness did to him but can't say I was too upset about it either...

History will always favour what Souness did for us than what Yorke did despite Souness losing the plot towards the end.

Not just your opinion mate, it's a fact. To compare Yorke's Rovers career to Benni's is a joke. Benni has not been at his best for a couple of seasons but was outstanding in his first season and scored most of the goals that kept us up last year. He's been alright this year too. Yorke was a tosser all the way through his time at Rovers.

Not saying he deserved what Souness did to him but can't say I was too upset about it either...

History will always favour what Souness did for us than what Yorke did despite Souness losing the plot towards the end.

No that is your opinion not fact. I cannot recall Mr. Yorke showing the club contempt by returning to pre season so out of shape like Benni last season. Also it can be claimed that Yorke's goals also at some stage kept us in the premiership!

Comparison can be made and once Benni does leave I'm sure the fondness he is held at present will change for some.

To be fair Yorke was alright the first season and I seem to remember him outscoring Cole for a while. Mind you that was the equivalent of winning the Tallest Dwarf contest at times...

As for Souness...he fell out with everyone after he lost it. Cole, Dunn and many others...

Including Henning Berg as can be seen in this VERY revealing article after he decided not to keep him any longer (after he changed his mind about moving back to Norway) and instead spent a couple of million on Lorenzo Amoruso instead.

Graeme of Truth

Archived