BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Standup Comedy

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Saw John Bishop last night and he was excellent, really funny.

Yeah I was there Sunday night thought he nailed it myself, also came across as a likeable and humble bloke who you'd happily enjoy a pint with.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from Jason Manford at Blackpool Opera House. Dunno what the problem was Clare, we were on the back row in the stalls and heard every word. Including the hilarious (not) "hecklers".

"Unexpected item in my HOUSE!!" Quality!!

Half hour encore too!

Just got back from Jason Manford at Blackpool Opera House. Dunno what the problem was Clare, we were on the back row in the stalls and heard every word. Including the hilarious (not) "hecklers".

"Unexpected item in my HOUSE!!" Quality!!

Half hour encore too!

:D It wasn't too bad, just when people were laughing (!!!) we couldn't hear so well. If anything he should've been less funny then we could've heard him better ;)

The 'hecklers' near us were annoying! Them right at the back just kept shouting 'wiiiiiiigan' and someone near us felt the need to tell anyone who'd listen that her husband was called Barry :rolleyes:

:D It wasn't too bad, just when people were laughing (!!!) we couldn't hear so well. If anything he should've been less funny then we could've heard him better ;)

The 'hecklers' near us were annoying! Them right at the back just kept shouting 'wiiiiiiigan' and someone near us felt the need to tell anyone who'd listen that her husband was called Barry :rolleyes:

Ha, I think she came back.

We also had a few numpties thinking they were original shouting out "Twitter" and some proper sloshed bloke shouted "Are you big Jase?". He was very good at turning it around on the hecklers but most of them were just plain embarrassing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Russell Howard is ok till he resorts to his one accent and childish sex imitations every five minutes.

Cant stand Frankie Boyle I see him as a talentless hack like a teenager who just learned how to swear

Frankie Boyles Tramadol Nights last night made me laugh, mostly through sheer shock value though.

Frankie Boyle`s show is the cruellest but funniest tv show for ages :tu:

I've seen Dylan Moran a few times and have cried with laughter each time. He was also brilliant with Bill Bailey in Black Books.

Never took to Rhod Gilbert, probably because when he first broke onto the scene ALL his jokes were repeated, they were ALL about Wales, and he was basically shouting!

Another was Andrew Maxwell. There were only about 40 people in a very sparse crowd but he basically chatted with the audience and the vast majority was ad-libbed. A student with a bad hair do in the front row was destroyed! Exceptionally funny guy.

Archived