Photo
- - - - -

Standup Comedy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
117 replies to this topic

#101 Guest_roverite1991_*

Guest_roverite1991_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2011 - 15:04 PM

Went to see Ed Byrne on May 18th at KGH and he was phenomenally funny and his warm-up (Karl Spain, I think) was damn good too. Shame the place was half-full but then again, I feel like one of only a small few to see him in Blackburn. VERY funny.

Especially his expansion on the 'Gorgeous girl; tracksuit' joke.

#102 cletus

cletus

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4673 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 13:34 PM

Just dug this old thread up.....

If anybody is interested, i may have two spare tickets for Frankie Boyle at Preston Guild Hall tonight (4th Aug)

If anybody fancies it, PM me ;)
Resistance or collaborator? The choice is yours....

#103 T.J.Newton

T.J.Newton

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3768 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 19:13 PM

The People that attract and pickNchoose acts to play at King Georges Hall let this town down massively with the rubbish they do show, same overpriced comedians every year, so-called tribute acts(who pays good money to watch these things!) and kids shows. Such a good venue they should be trying to get more relevant bands and artists in and show some proper theater plays.

#104 adopted scouser

adopted scouser

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6829 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 22:44 PM

Just dug this old thread up.....

If anybody is interested, i may have two spare tickets for Frankie Boyle at Preston Guild Hall tonight (4th Aug)

If anybody fancies it, PM me ;)

He's a walking abortion. The comments about Rebecca Adlington and others, disgusting talentless Scottish ex smackhead c**t.

#105 T.J.Newton

T.J.Newton

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3768 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

He's a walking abortion. The comments about Rebecca Adlington and others, disgusting talentless Scottish ex smackhead c**t.

he does only say what we all think(however far to the back of our minds we push those thoughts), not saying i like him though, we do push those thoughts aside because we know there mean and nasty.

#106 Tom M

Tom M

World Cup

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15855 posts

• ST Block: N01

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

he does only say what we all think(however far to the back of our minds we push those thoughts), not saying i like him though, we do push those thoughts aside because we know there mean and nasty.

Speak for yourself there mate!

Unfunny hack that has to rely on shock factor in a genre where it's now largely extinct apart from sportsmans dinner and working men's clubs etc. Suppose it gives him a niche
Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious.....And curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

Walt Disney

#107 adopted scouser

adopted scouser

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6829 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

Speak for yourself there mate!

Unfunny hack that has to rely on shock factor in a genre where it's now largely extinct apart from sportsmans dinner and working men's clubs etc. Suppose it gives him a niche

Agreed, I'm no prude but he is vile.

#108 T4E

T4E

'''''''''''''

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11300 posts
  • Twitter: @@neilt4e

• ST Block: NO5

Posted 05 August 2012 - 13:45 PM

What's vile about saying Rebecca Adlington looks like a dolphin? Our own players say the same about Martin Olsson.

He says some dodgy stuff, but the Adlington reaction was OTT.
Are you a benny tied to a tree?

#109 adopted scouser

adopted scouser

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6829 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 14:08 PM

What's vile about saying Rebecca Adlington looks like a dolphin? Our own players say the same about Martin Olsson.

He says some dodgy stuff, but the Adlington reaction was OTT.

Why stop there, he's a blast at Downs syndrome kids, or even the blind ones too.

The man's a hoot

Edited by adopted scouser, 05 August 2012 - 14:08 PM.

#110 T4E

T4E

'''''''''''''

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11300 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 14:21 PM

To be fair Nick I did say he says some dodgy stuff. The furore over the Adlington thing was nonsense, you have to judge what is said not who said it.

His Pendleton comment was far worse.

#111 adopted scouser

adopted scouser

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6829 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 14:47 PM

To be fair Nick I did say he says some dodgy stuff. The furore over the Adlington thing was nonsense, you have to judge what is said not who said it.

Whoa hoss let's not fall out :)

He just rubs me up the wrong way, it must be my age but none of the modern comics make me laugh. My daughter roars at Russell Howard, I feel like dropping him on a spike, and Lee Evans ? Don't get me started. I prefer the old stuff, mother in law gags, Les Dawson etc

#112 T4E

T4E

'''''''''''''

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11300 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 15:29 PM

Not at all pal, promise! :)

Boyle is OK for me, dont take him all that seriously, he's hardly high brow. Lee Evans is about as funny as a kick in the face. There's not a comedian that comes close to Eddie Izzard for me.

#113 Ozz

Ozz

World Cup

• Volunteers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6753 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 17:29 PM

Really like John Richardson and Sean Locke.

#114 JC4LAB

JC4LAB

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

Jim Jefferies is on at Manchester Oprea house in early September after a month at the Edinburgh.Fringe.His act must have changed somewhat if allowed to perform there..My fav Comedy location is the Edinburgh fringe... you can stay in there using empty university digs if you want to do it cheap..During the fringe they run courses were you can have a go yourself.if you fancy it..

#115 T.J.Newton

T.J.Newton

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3768 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 18:25 PM

only seem the 1 jim jefferies show(the 1 seemsto be repeated every other day on 1 of the sky channels), ###### funny, not nasty like Boyle but still pretty out there.

p.s. Eddie Izard hasnt been funny since 1993, hes just a bland dressless smug git now.

#116 Sparky Marky

Sparky Marky

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3140 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 21:38 PM

Justin Moorhouse never fails to deliver...Seen him a few times now in london and manc comedy store....top quality
Jim Furnell's Blue and White Army

#117 old darwen blue

old darwen blue

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1359 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 23:27 PM

What Pendleton comment?
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers

#118 Salgado Is A Hero

Salgado Is A Hero

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2920 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 23:38 PM

What Pendleton comment?

Something about her upper body strength and still not being strong enough to hold him off.....something like that, you get the idea.
He called me a rapist and a recluse. I'm not a recluse - Mike Tyson

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.