BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Standup Comedy

Guest roverite1991

Went to see Ed Byrne on May 18th at KGH and he was phenomenally funny and his warm-up (Karl Spain, I think) was damn good too. Shame the place was half-full but then again, I feel like one of only a small few to see him in Blackburn. VERY funny.

Especially his expansion on the 'Gorgeous girl; tracksuit' joke.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just dug this old thread up.....

If anybody is interested, i may have two spare tickets for Frankie Boyle at Preston Guild Hall tonight (4th Aug)

If anybody fancies it, PM me ;)

The People that attract and pickNchoose acts to play at King Georges Hall let this town down massively with the rubbish they do show, same overpriced comedians every year, so-called tribute acts(who pays good money to watch these things!) and kids shows. Such a good venue they should be trying to get more relevant bands and artists in and show some proper theater plays.

Just dug this old thread up.....

If anybody is interested, i may have two spare tickets for Frankie Boyle at Preston Guild Hall tonight (4th Aug)

If anybody fancies it, PM me ;)

He's a walking abortion. The comments about Rebecca Adlington and others, disgusting talentless Scottish ex smackhead c**t.

He's a walking abortion. The comments about Rebecca Adlington and others, disgusting talentless Scottish ex smackhead c**t.

he does only say what we all think(however far to the back of our minds we push those thoughts), not saying i like him though, we do push those thoughts aside because we know there mean and nasty.

• Backroom

he does only say what we all think(however far to the back of our minds we push those thoughts), not saying i like him though, we do push those thoughts aside because we know there mean and nasty.

Speak for yourself there mate!

Unfunny hack that has to rely on shock factor in a genre where it's now largely extinct apart from sportsmans dinner and working men's clubs etc. Suppose it gives him a niche

What's vile about saying Rebecca Adlington looks like a dolphin? Our own players say the same about Martin Olsson.

He says some dodgy stuff, but the Adlington reaction was OTT.

What's vile about saying Rebecca Adlington looks like a dolphin? Our own players say the same about Martin Olsson.

He says some dodgy stuff, but the Adlington reaction was OTT.

Why stop there, he's a blast at Downs syndrome kids, or even the blind ones too.

The man's a hoot

To be fair Nick I did say he says some dodgy stuff. The furore over the Adlington thing was nonsense, you have to judge what is said not who said it.

His Pendleton comment was far worse.

To be fair Nick I did say he says some dodgy stuff. The furore over the Adlington thing was nonsense, you have to judge what is said not who said it.

His Pendleton comment was far worse.

Whoa hoss let's not fall out :)

He just rubs me up the wrong way, it must be my age but none of the modern comics make me laugh. My daughter roars at Russell Howard, I feel like dropping him on a spike, and Lee Evans ? Don't get me started. I prefer the old stuff, mother in law gags, Les Dawson etc

Not at all pal, promise! :)

Boyle is OK for me, dont take him all that seriously, he's hardly high brow. Lee Evans is about as funny as a kick in the face. There's not a comedian that comes close to Eddie Izzard for me.

Jim Jefferies is on at Manchester Oprea house in early September after a month at the Edinburgh.Fringe.His act must have changed somewhat if allowed to perform there..My fav Comedy location is the Edinburgh fringe... you can stay in there using empty university digs if you want to do it cheap..During the fringe they run courses were you can have a go yourself.if you fancy it..

Archived