BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Might Have Been Sold?

I couldn't find the relevant topic, so I'll post it here.

I'm hearing a rumour the club may have found a potential buyer from the United Arab Emirates.

There's a whisper going round the journalist fraternity in the North West that a deal has been done or is on the table.

I know little more than that at this stage and stress it is a (second hand) rumour.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hearing a rumour the club may have found a potential buyer from the United Arab Emirates.

There's a whisper going round the journalist fraternity in the North West that a deal has been done or is on the table.

I know little more than that at this stage and stress it is a (second hand) rumour.

Its a shame you have no links or additional information we can look at would love to hear more about this :)

It's a rumour. There are no links. But I'm told a journalist is putting a story together.

I did stress it might not be true, but interesting, none the less, as it's come from a reliable colleague.

You'll probably get hammered for starting the thread but I welcome it, makes a change from the usual mundane cr@p posted these days.

Its no secret that we need investment, but like Basturk says, it fills me with dread also after whats happened to pompey.

is there a timeframe with the rumor?

It's a tricky one. To share the rumour with fellow fans or keep it to myself?

I dunno.

But I do know the writer who's apparently got the story, so we'll see what comes out.

As I said, it might be a rumour and nothing more.

But, it did go very quiet on the 'For Sale' front, didn't it?

I dunno.

But I do know the writer who's apparently got the story, so we'll see what comes out.

I thing you should spill every little detail you have heard ;-) dont we all people? haha

I dunno.

I think you new topic title could be different. Instead of ROVERS SOLD, it should be something like, ROVERS 'MIGHT HAVE BEEN' SOLD. When coming onto the site today, I saw the title and thought Rovers had been sold. Then to read it is a rumour.

I dunno.

No doubt you'll get some aggro, but you did the right thing making the thread.

A question - is this a local or national journo?

I think you new topic title could be different. Instead of ROVERS SOLD, it should be something like, ROVERS 'MIGHT HAVE BEEN' SOLD. When coming onto the site today, I saw the title and thought Rovers had been sold. Then to read it is a rumour.

If we are to be picky about it he did actually type 'Rovers Sold?' which makes the title correct :rolleyes:

If something's too good to be true, it usually is. I can't see why anyone with serious money would invest in us over the many other PL clubs with a wider net.

Like the commentator said when we lifted the PL ttrophy at Anfield and became the Champions.

Something like:

Blackburn Rovers: A club with a great past and a blistering future!

The strategically placed "?" at the end of the topic title deals with your issue quite nicely.

If we are to be picky about it he did actually type 'Rovers Sold?' which makes the title correct :rolleyes:

It certainly got my attention anyway :) And i very much doubt I will get much more work done today until I know more :)

Come on Blackburnender spill the beans - We wont tell no 1 ;-)

Just looking through earlier rumours.

May it be renewed interest from Nabeel Chowdery who had his last bid of £30m rejected?

Edit: Just read that he is about to go bust and has sold all his properties and have a £160,000 debt at Ritz. Hope its not him

Archived