- - - - -

Season Tickets 2010-2011

• Please log in to reply
1052 replies to this topic

Poll: Season Tickets 2010-2011 (350 member(s) have cast votes)

Current Status

1. Voted Already renewed existing ST holder (216 votes [61.71%])

Percentage of vote: 61.71%

2. New ST Holder already purchased (11 votes [3.14%])

Percentage of vote: 3.14%

3. Renewing prior to deadline (27 votes [7.71%])

Percentage of vote: 7.71%

4. Renewing after deadline (15 votes [4.29%])

Percentage of vote: 4.29%

5. Not renewing due to finances/ family/work (13 votes [3.71%])

Percentage of vote: 3.71%

6. Not renewing because iv lost interest/ im off to the pub with Waggy in Rishton (9 votes [2.57%])

Percentage of vote: 2.57%

7. Not possible due to distance (47 votes [13.43%])

Percentage of vote: 13.43%

8. Not Sure Yet (6 votes [1.71%])

Percentage of vote: 1.71%

9. Planning to Purchase (6 votes [1.71%])

Percentage of vote: 1.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1021 Hughesy

Hughesy

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21891 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:10 PM

UPDATE:
ST Sales are now only 600 behind the same stage as last season, rather than the 1000 that was mentioned at the Fans Forum....which is looking very promising.

Now have 1800 signed up in the Darwen End

As for Hospitality/ boxes - sales are like for like with last season which is very good news in todays financial climate.....United have around 9000 spaces, for their 1st game they only had 4000 in!
The best way to predict your future is to create it!!

#1022 only2garners

only2garners

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1998 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 14:28 PM

UPDATE:
ST Sales are now only 600 behind the same stage as last season, rather than the 1000 that was mentioned at the Fans Forum....which is looking very promising.

Now have 1800 signed up in the Darwen End

As for Hospitality/ boxes - sales are like for like with last season which is very good news in todays financial climate.....United have around 9000 spaces, for their 1st game they only had 4000 in!

Hughesy - is that 600 behind the figure this time last year or behind the final figure (before half ST sales)? The club usually sells some STs through to mid September and the estimate of being 1,000 short was their best guess at where we would be in mid September this year. It may well be though that a first day win and the excitement surrounding a possible sale has generated a bit more interest than looked likely at the beginning of last week.

#1023 67splitscreen

67splitscreen

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5792 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 16:19 PM

UPDATE:
...United have around 9000 spaces, for their 1st game they only had 4000 in!

Curious where did you get this info from, the official attendance was 75221. 736 unsold
" I'd like to play for an Italian club like Barcelona. " Mark Draper

#1024 MarkBRFC71

MarkBRFC71

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2009 posts
  • PS3 Gamer Tag:markbrfc

Posted 18 August 2010 - 16:27 PM

I notice the official gate for the Everton game was 25,569 (on MOTD at least) - have to say there didn't look to be 6,000 empty seats. Is there any reason why the club would underquote the gate?
There's Only One Simon Garner .....

#1025 Hughesy

Hughesy

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21891 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 18:45 PM

Curious where did you get this info from, the official attendance was 75221. 736 unsold

Perhaps they dont count the corporate numbers in the 75k or whatever it is the stadium holds? The info is accurate...perhaps they were sold but not used, who knows?!

#1026 Ozz

Ozz

World Cup

• Backroom Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6757 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 19:06 PM

I notice the official gate for the Everton game was 25,569 (on MOTD at least) - have to say there didn't look to be 6,000 empty seats. Is there any reason why the club would underquote the gate?

There was loads of room in the Jack Walker upper and lower towards the Darwen End. I would guess quite a few have moved from up there to down with us lot.

Plus on those numbers, it is about 4400 less than a maximum really.

#1027 magicalmortensleftpeg

magicalmortensleftpeg

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1752 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 19:25 PM

There was loads of room in the Jack Walker upper and lower towards the Darwen End. I would guess quite a few have moved from up there to down with us lot.

Plus on those numbers, it is about 4400 less than a maximum really.

There were also gaps in the riverside, lower BBE and Darwen End. Didnt look too full from TV but there were 21k Rovers fans in, so thats basically on a par from last year. Great to see. This takeover should get a few more through the door.

#1028 Claytons Left Boot

Claytons Left Boot

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3050 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 20:02 PM

We arrived at the ground at 3.01 pm to find the turnstile system was not working (Blackburn End) and we therefore couldn't get in. The stewards hadn't got it in them to make a decision. After a few minutes and with tempers rising, the large gates to our right were finally opened with our season tickets being put through a separate 'thingy.' Meanwhile, my mate who had been over to the left, was practicing the hurdles along with others who jumped the turnstiles and who would obviously not have been included in the official attendance.

Not sure how many others were affected. I must say I thought the attendance figure to be astonishingly low. On the bus after the game we all thought 27-28k looked about right. Yes, there were gaps here and there, but could an extra 5k or so have really squeezed in to the empty seats in the Bburn End, Riverside and JW? I don't think so.
Barton, Newton, Wilson, Sharples, Clayton, Joyce, Hole, Ferguson, Lord, Douglas & Connelly.
2-0 Versus Carlisle, 27 Dec 1966 Att 20,219
Hooked ever since!

Football is a game of two halves - Blue & White!

#1029 SIMON GARNERS 194

SIMON GARNERS 194

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10547 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 21:00 PM

There were also gaps in the riverside, lower BBE and Darwen End. Didnt look too full from TV but there were 21k Rovers fans in, so thats basically on a par from last year. Great to see. This takeover should get a few more through the door.

The gate was nearly some 2,000 down on last seasons fixture,it was surprising when the attendance was given,looked more like 27,000? :huh:

By christ,season ticket sales better bl00dy go through the roof if this takover happens and some!!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194, 18 August 2010 - 21:03 PM.

Blackburn Rovers....THE most successful town club in the land!

SOS...Save our club from Venky's!!

#1030 Hughesy

Hughesy

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21891 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:27 AM

600 behind the figure this time last year

#1031 mhead

mhead

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1038 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 13:19 PM

Turnstyle jumpers and those on holiday....add 10% to figures. Therefore OK.
Then add reports of Season Ticket sales this week. Very OK.

And if there is a takeover we should welcome the 'bandwagon' boys like long lost friends(and not like the mid-90s)

#1032 RoverSue

RoverSue

Unibond League

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 13:40 PM

We renewed our season tickets from the Riverside to the Darwen End and on last weekends atmosphere were really glad we did. There weren't many seats left where we were sat, but they did give Everton fans a section of the lower tier Darwen end.

#1033 Hannah

Hannah

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2343 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 19:59 PM

Being on holiday is no excuse for not going with a season ticket! I insisted that my Dad went in my place and joined in with the singing to cheer them on!!!
Remember you're not a salmon!

#1034 GAV

GAV

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10201 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 20:33 PM

Turnstyle jumpers and those on holiday....add 10% to figures. Therefore OK.

You sound like a burnley fan trying to explain a poor gate, although they'd also add 5000 locked out.

Biggest and best supported club in the world! :P

Being on holiday is no excuse for not going with a season ticket!

First time we've missed opening home game ever, but made sure our season tickets got put to good use.

Cyprus blue and a Celtic fan took our place.

Oh mercerman, come out come out wherever you are! :tu:

#1035 mhead

mhead

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1038 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 20:37 PM

Of our group of 15 there were 2 empty places and 3 substitutes for holidayers. So 30% on hol and 20% of them replaced by subs. Not a large sample but from my experience of august in the 20th century(as opposed to wakes weeks from July 17th to 31st) prob reasonably accurate.

when did we play Everton last?

#1036 blackburnravers.com

blackburnravers.com

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • PS3 Gamer Tag:blackburnravers

Posted 20 August 2010 - 21:11 PM

end of last season
blackburnravers.com

#1037 bobsterbrfc

bobsterbrfc

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:01 AM

I have moved from the Riverside to Blackburn End, I am Row 7; will I get wet?

#1038 Majiball

Majiball

Prince of BRFCS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10207 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:08 AM

I have moved from the Riverside to Blackburn End, I am Row 7; will I get wet?

Guess that depends on whether it rains or not.
"To be the best Jockey in the World do you have to have been a top Race Horse?"

"For what is the best choice, for each individual is the highest it is possible for him to achieve."

#1039 bobsterbrfc

bobsterbrfc

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:08 AM

Guess that depends on whether it rains or not.

You cheeky minx

#1040 Guest_brianpepper_*

Guest_brianpepper_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:32 AM

i got a leaflet for that ledgends lounge.... doesnt explain much... whats the crack? seems like you pay to go in a bar and can buy some carvery? not that different to the blues bar?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.