BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group B Discussion - Argentina, Nigeria, South Korea, Greece

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a very unusual Group- perm any two from four.

Despite the wondrous players in the Argentine squad, they are gettable at and their Manager is a plank. Their only saving grace is that the other three have glaring weaknesses as well but the Koreans and Greeks will be tough, niggly and very well organised and with Nigeria, anything could happen (probably bad) and no doubt will!

• Backroom

Anyone see the clip of the Argentine training session on ITV before, Maradonna was running around smiling and kicking people and then half the team lined up on the line bent over whilst the other half booted balls at them.

The mans crazy

Maradona is total lunatic. I was reading about his squad selection in a World Cup Preview that came with one of the Sunday papers last week. The reason why he didn't pick the treble winning captain of Inter Milan, Javier Zanetti and instead went with Ariel Garce, whose team Colon finished 14th in the Argentine league, was because he had a dream that Argentina would win the World Cup and the only face he could remember was that of Garce. A complete mad man.

Guest Kamy100

Looking forward to the games in this group today. Greece and South Korea should be a good game, as both teams know that a victory would really put one of them in great position to qualify. Argentina v Nigeria is also interesting, mainly to see what Maradonna is going to come out with, the Nigerians are a funny team, if they are song then they can give any team a run for their money, but when they are off colour then they can be appalling!

• Backroom

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

How do you know if it kills the atmosphere if you're not there? I bet it's buzzing in the stadium :P

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

How do you know if it kills the atmosphere if you're not there? I bet it's buzzing in the stadium :P

Yes, I'm sure the fans love their chants being drowned out by incessant buzzing. I'm sure the one-note droning is really capturing the ebb and flow of the match. NOT.

Argentina and Greece easily, it almost like Pana running out so no problem about team cohesion, excellent defence and Gekas up front who I think will be the star of the WC

Oops.

Got a sneaky feeling that Greece, the European champions in 2004, could finish bottom of the group here. My prediction is for the group to finish in the order as per the thread title.

Off to a good start.

Put any money on it?

Greece were woeful, and that is being kind.

Archived