BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group C Discussion - Algeria, England, Slovenia, Usa

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the first game against the US will be a real tough one, my money is on a 1-1 draw. I have friends in the US and it's the first time they've all (all but 1 that is) been up for the World Cup. 'football' has always been way down the list of favourite sports over the other side of the pond but they have come on leaps and bounds over recent years. The 2010 World Cup has been well publicised Stateside this time round and I think they have a strong squad.

I think the US might get England, first game, USA have some pretty good pace up front and could expose Terry and Upson.

IF they can control Rooney (who is coming back from a niggle) then it might be 1-0 or 2-1.

Has to be the weakest group of all though and England on paper should cruise through.

I can see a draw against USA as much as i'd love to beat them, they are a good side. Can't see anything other than a win in the other two games.

My predictions just for fun. :P

England 1-1 USA

England 2-0 Algeria

England 3-1 Slovenia

I can see a draw against USA as much as i'd love to beat them, they are a good side. Can't see anything other than a win in the other two games.

My predictions just for fun. :P

England 1-1 USA

England 2-0 Algeria

England 3-1 Slovenia

No way anyone scores 3 on Slovenia - they're not going to let that happen. They have a staunch defense and a great young keeper, and it will be tough for any team to score on them.

I'll predict.

England 1-2 USA

England 4-1 Algeria

England 3-0 Slovenia

England and Usa to get out of the group.

I agree with these predictions, with the further clarification that the USA goes undefeated in Group C.

Right, that's it, I'm supporting the US.

You are a man of rare good taste and common sense. B)

USA 1-2 ENG

ALG 0-1 SLO

SLO 1-2 USA

ENG 4-1 ALG

ENG 2-2 SLO

USA 2-1 ALG

Although I'm American, I expect the USA ENG match to be one of the better contested matches in the entire first round

The only reason I have for England drawing on the final match is because after already qualifying they will rest players

And, should England have to play Germany in the knock out stage, they will inevitably still find a way to lose on PKs

He's an England fan is he? England should breeze through this group.

Either that or he's chosen a unique way to insulate his house.

On another note, Owen Coyle is backing the USA. http://www.tribalfootball.com/coyle-backing-usa-ahead-england-901741

He's a man of good sense.

On the subject of a man lacking good sense, Lawro has picked England over the USA. Which is good news for the USA. :Phttp://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/mark-lawrenson/Mark-Lawrenson-column-Why-Steven-Gerrard-is-the-key-to-England-s-World-Cup-hopes-article459331.html

• Backroom

In honesty it would be embarassing should we fail to win this group, USA are a lot better than in times gone by but really we should be beating every team in this group comfortably.

3-1 today with Terry scoring first (I hope as I have a quid on it at 130)

I think people are over-rating the Americans. They lost to Costa Rica and Trinidad and Tobago in qualifying and were dreadful when they played England in 08. I think the Confed cup massively flattered them.

I think England will start slow but win 2-0 today.

Although I'd love to see the US step up today, I think you're likely spot on about the result.

Archived