BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Group C Discussion - Algeria, England, Slovenia, Usa

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've some news for you Mr Redknapp - that bloke you paid us 17 million for is a damned sight better at that than Milner. Get him playing decent.

Now compare both their attitudes Neil. I think Harry's opinion will become clearer.

As for Lampard, he has yet to be given a stable role in the England side, but his performances for Chelsea leave me in little doubt that he is World Class. He scores goals, he sets up goals and he does a good job of covering a lot of ground for them. For whatever reason he has been on the wrong-end of an inordinate amount of criticism throughout his career, be it the "fat frank" stuff or that he scores deflected goals or whatever it is, but if he played in any other league and wasn't English he'd have all of you cooing about the number of goals he scored and the role he played in a double winning side. Is he the best midfielder in the World? No, of course not, but he's up there. There are probably fewer than 10 central midfielders playing in this tournament who I'd rather see lining up for my team.

:wstu:

I thought Rooney was one but the plain truth is that we don't have any world class players. Full bloody stop! End of discussion.

:wstu:

I thought Rooney was one but the plain truth is that we don't have any world class players. Full bloody stop! End of discussion.

We could have a world class referee though, thats if Howard Webb gets the final. :rolleyes:

• Backroom

I didn't think the USA would get far, they didn't really impress me in any of their group matches. Lots of hard work but their team lacks quality in almost every area.

England were a given to be knocked out by any decent side - I wouldn't even have fancied us against Ghana.

Archived