BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Quarter Finals Discussion

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

All Quarter Finals discussion in here.

The Quarter Finals get underway on Friday, I will keep this post updated as the ties are confirmed:

Friday 2nd July 2010 (All Kick Off Times are UK):

Match One: Holland v Brazil - 3.00pm

Match Two: Uruguay v Ghana - 7.30pm

Saturday 3rd July 2010:

Match Three: Argentina v Germany- 3.00pm

Match Four: Paraguay v Spain - 7.30pm

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that 6 winners or 6 qualifyers?

I believe the first two are the winners of the quarter finals and the others will meet in the quarter finals.

I think the other two games of the quarter finals will be Holland - Brasil and Portugal - Paraguai.

I think Uruguay will beat Ghana, Suarez and Forlan will cause havoc to Ghana's backline. The Argentina game could be interesting as i think Germany will test Argentina's defense and are capable of scoring against it. We might have a game here where we see a shoot-out, both teams scoring but who on the day will score more. I think Argentina might sneak it but don't rule out the Germans getting a result either.

So does this look like an all Latin America semi-finals then?

It's quite possible, I'd say Uruguay, Argentina and Brazil are all favourites to reach the semis at this point. Not too sure about Paraguay though, they'll probably beat Japan, but facing Portugal or Spain won't be straightforward. A Spain-Brazil semi-final would be amazing...

I shall be rootin' for Deutschland against Argentina.

This goes against my prediction of an Argentina v Holland final.

I just love the way the Germans play their football.

Spain are nice to watch but, if in a game they are one or two nil down, to come back from that scenario I would back Deutschland every time.

Viva Argentina !

It is time for Argentina to take revenge from Germany for last world cup when the germans won on penalty.

It is time for Argentina to win something again. Which havent been done in a long time.

The most likely scenario for the semifinals is this?

Brazil - Urugay

Spain - Argentina

With one hell of a final between the rivals Brazil - Argentina !

I just love the way the Germans play their football.

Same here. When their players put on the German shirt they seem to know what it is to play for the national side and what is required. They tend to epitomise what it means to be a team, sure other sides may have better individuals at the time but they have proved time and time again that with a solid team ethic they get the job done.

Technically they are very good and combined with the discipline and efficiency they play some very nice football. This current German side also have the flair now as an added bonus.

I said before the World Cup that Germany were my pick to win it, they probably won't but you just can’t rule them out completely. They have a young team that is only going to get better, i think in 2 years time come the Euros they have a great chance of winning it.

It will be interesting to finally see Argentina against top drawer opposition. My guess is that they will be punished quite severely.

On another note, I will be working instead of seeing Brazil - Holland, which is bound to be the best game of the tournament... How can FIFA, possibly one of the world's 50 most greedy institutions, put a game like that when a massive potential TV-audience will be at work and unable to see it?

Talking about that.

HOW I am looking forward to replacing the VUVUZELA with Dancing Samba girls in 2014!

I guess Argentina will be punished defensively, but so will Arne and Per in the deuitsch defence against the quick feet of Messi, Higuain and Tevez.

I am really looking forward to this game. Might be the best game of the tournament so far.

Forgot about it... I wonder where the ref and the linesman were... Possibly watching some brazilian girl on the stands...

Well, I never want Brazil to win anyway.

Is that because your former colony upstages you at football time and time again....? ;)

With the players they have, it's almost their duty to be better than us. And recently, we are not that bad compared to them.

it's more because we have thounsands of brazilians in Portugal who would be very annoying if they won the WC lol

All Quarter Finals discussion in here.

The Quarter Finals get underway on Friday, I will keep this post updated as the ties are confirmed:

Friday 2nd July 2010 (All Kick Off Times are UK):

Match One: Holland v Brazil - 3.00pm

Match Two: Uruguay v Ghana - 7.30pm

Saturday 3rd July 2010:

Match Three: Argentina v Germany- 3.00pm

Match Four: Paraguay v Spain - 7.30pm

Holland to beat Brazil.

Uruguay to beat Ghana.

Holland to beat Uruguay

Argentina to beat Germany

Spain to beat Paraguay

Argentina to beat Spain.

Holland v. Argentina final. Argentina to win the WC.

Please note: I am currently (and temporarily) supporting Spain and Holland, even though I don't expect them to go all the way.

Archived