BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Finals Discussion

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

All semi-finals discussion in this thread.

Tuesday 6th July 2010

Holland v Uruguay - 7.30pm

Wednesday 7th July 2010

Germany v Spain - 7.30pm

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suarez who has been scoring in the Dutch League for fun would have given the Netherlands plenty to think about. As it is, the Dutch have just got to make sure they don't beat themselves to be in the Final.

Forlan is more than capable of winning the game for them if they can keep it tight at the back.

Unless Spain raise their game dramatically (they do have the players to do so) then i can see them going out to Germany. Muller will be a miss, but they have Marin and Trochowski who can do a job. If Schweinsteiger and Khedira can boss that midfield once again Spain might struggle.

Klose tied with the great Gerd Muller and only 1 off equalling Ronaldo as the top scorer in world cup history. He and the team will be fired up for this game.

Spain v Germany would have been a marvellous final.

Germany haven't yet faced a team with a well-organised defence and whilst the Spanish defenders have their limitations, boy do they know what they are doing.

The Germans came a cropper against an otherwise disappointing Serbia and Spain are miles better than they are. I expect Leowe will again have his side superbly set up but Spain carry so much threat from so many positions (and from deeper than the Argentines did) that if he neutralises the Spanish threat the Germans will also not pose much of a threat themselves.

I think Spain will edge it over the Germans again.

I also expect the Dutch will have too much for Uruguay who are expertly drilled and have a fabulous player in Forlan but simply lack the all round excellence of the Dutch.

Wonder what people would think if the Dutch were to win it in South Africa?

I'd imagine that 80% of people wouldn't think anything maj. 20% would have remembered their history lessons and might see the connection.

I'd imagine that 80% of people wouldn't think anything maj. 20% would have remembered their history lessons and might see the connection.

Was gonna say, the vast majority of people who support the footy in South Africa aren't of Dutch descent!

Not many get taught the history of Africa in general and South Africa in particular. I certainly didn't. I just read a lot and love history so...

I don't mind who wins it, as long as it's not the Germans. The arrogance of their players and supporters make ManU and Arsenal fans seem shrinking violets in comparison. Many, many years ago, I played in a tournament in the Fatherland in which we managed to win with yours truly scoring the winning goal. The Germans were not happy. As Cpl Jones says, They don't like it up 'em !

I don't mind who wins it, as long as it's not the Germans. The arrogance of their players and supporters make ManU and Arsenal fans seem shrinking violets in comparison. Many, many years ago, I played in a tournament in the Fatherland in which we managed to win with yours truly scoring the winning goal. The Germans were not happy. As Cpl Jones says, They don't like it up 'em !

What did you get as the prize? Ration coupons perhaps?

Yeah, it's not like England believe they have a divine right to win the World Cup every time.

Yeah, it's not like England believe they have a divine right to win the World Cup every time.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

You've got a chip on yer shoul-der

Chip on yer shoul-derrrrrrrrrrrrrr

You've got a chip on your shoul-der!

Not quite sure what that comment appertains to, but continually making snide remarks about the English football team is not a very endearing habit.

I thought it was obvious. Why lambast the Germans for their supposed 'arrogance' when it's rife throughout our own national side?

Archived