BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The World Cup Final Thread - Holland V Spain

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

After a month of football, we are down to the last 2 teams, Holland and Spain. All World Cup Final discussion in here.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Netherlands to be unlucky again although they carry more real threat up front and a better chance of disrupting Spain's defense than Germany did.

Having said that, the Dutch are not as tight at the back as the Germans and I suspect Spain might finally put a 20+ passing move together which actually produces a goal on the end of it. Would be lovely to see Ooijer get onto the pitch.

I guess an all European final makes Howard Webb a certainty to ref it or will FIFA go for a South American who is not used to European ways of carrying on?.

It's nice to have two of the dark horses in the final (and amazingly my predictions - which was actually just wishful thinking) rather than the usual boring lot.

I expect this will be a very good game, one of the best finals for years and as much as I'd like Holland to lift the trophy I think Spain will win it 3-2 after extra time.

Although the Dutch appear to have stumbled their way to the final I'll be cheering for them to win.

Think they've been waiting long enough since 74 and 78 and they can do a reversal on those years and beat Spain's 'tippy-tappy' football by playing an efficient, 1974 German efficient style of their own.

.... and if they can do all that with Robben getting sent off for diving that will make it all the sweeter.

And Forlan to bag 2 in the play off and bag me a grand!

Great news England will have a team involved in the world cup final.

Howard Webb and his team have been appointed for the World cup final. Well done to all, hopefully they do themselves and our country justice than those hapless, useless, overpaid monkeys that played for the national side.

Spain all the way for me :tu: Ive been supporting them from the 1st game, and im glad they are in the final. Actually, both the teams i wanted in the final, are there. If Spain dont win, then ill be happy seeing the Dutch lift the trophy. B)

Great news England will have a team involved in the world cup final.

Howard Webb and his team have been appointed for the World cup final. Well done to all, hopefully they do themselves and our country justice than those hapless, useless, overpaid monkeys that played for the national side.

Indeed. It'll be nerve wracking for him. I've often said he's the best ref we have so it's good to see him officially recognised. I just hope he doesn't balls up! :unsure:

I backed Spain from the beginning of the tournament to win the World Cup and I'm not going to change my mind now. Both teams have played pretty conservatively so far and don't see much changing. I think Spain have a better team, but aren't necessarily playing their best players or formation, which could give Holland a chance. Robben against Capdevilla could be a way that Holland can hurt Spain. I'm going for a 2-1 victory for Spain.

I'll be at my 13th game of the tournament tomorrow night. The stuff I had sent out from Blighty on June 1st arrived yesterday, so I will at last be able to host my England flag with the Rovers crest in the middle. Keep an eye out for that one.

We managed to make the international media at the Brazil v N.Korea game with our 'Kim Jong-Il Thinks I'm At Work' flag, but we're struggling to come up with anything suitable for tomorrow. With 1/9th of the planet reportedly watching it would be very nice to get on the screen again. Ideas on a postcard...

I'll be at my 13th game of the tournament tomorrow night. The stuff I had sent out from Blighty on June 1st arrived yesterday, so I will at last be able to host my England flag with the Rovers crest in the middle. Keep an eye out for that one.

Good skills, enjoy the final!!

:rover: im off to football city soon no ticket but confident of getting in :brfcsmilie::rolleyes:

We managed to make the international media at the Brazil v N.Korea game with our 'Kim Jong-Il Thinks I'm At Work' flag, but we're struggling to come up with anything suitable for tomorrow. With 1/9th of the planet reportedly watching it would be very nice to get on the screen again. Ideas on a postcard...

:rover: so that mate in cape twn well done

:unsure:

• Backroom

This game won't end with 22 men on the pitch

That was a painful one on Alonso

Well done van persie he didn't need to give that back

Archived