BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Academy 10/11

Academy returned to action after a month off with a decent draw away at Wolves, apparently Hitchcock and Vastic got the goals.

It's 2nd bottom against bottom next weekend with Stoke visiting us, before the tough game away at Leicester in the cup after that.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Academy returned to action after a month off with a decent draw away at Wolves, apparently Hitchcock and Vastic got the goals.

It's 2nd bottom against bottom next weekend with Stoke visiting us, before the tough game away at Leicester in the cup after that.

The match was played at Brockhall on Saturday morning. The game at Wolverhampton, on Friday, had to be postponed due to the weather and so it was agreed to switch it to Brockhall 24 hours later. Unfortunately, nobody informed Lee and so nothing appeared on the website that would have enabled us to watch the Academy game before going down to Ewood in the afternoon.

The match was played at Brockhall on Saturday morning. The game at Wolverhampton, on Friday, had to be postponed due to the weather and so it was agreed to switch it to Brockhall 24 hours later. Unfortunately, nobody informed Lee and so nothing appeared on the website that would have enabled us to watch the Academy game before going down to Ewood in the afternoon.

I won't have the conversation on 2 messageboards :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Rovers jrs won 2-1 against Valerenga Jrs (Norway) yesterday in the Carnegie tournament in Norway.

Match-report:

The teams were very equal, but Rovers were sharper in front of goal.

Rovers took the lead halfway into the first half. From then on Vålerenga were chasing a goal which led to Rovers putting number two just before the game finished. Vålerenga got a really late goal after that, but didnt have enough time to find another one.

Rovers goals by Toni Vastic and Tom Brown.

The Rovers Jrs are playing in 2 hours against IFK Gothenburg Jrs.

Rovers jrs won 2-1 against Valerenga Jrs (Norway) yesterday in the Carnegie tournament in Norway.

Match-report:

The teams were very equal, but Rovers were sharper in front of goal.

Rovers took the lead halfway into the first half. From then on Vålerenga were chasing a goal which led to Rovers putting number two just before the game finished. Vålerenga got a really late goal after that, but didnt have enough time to find another one.

Rovers goals by Toni Vastic and Tom Brown.

The Rovers Jrs are playing in 2 hours against IFK Gothenburg Jrs.

And the highlights from the game are supposedly here:

http://webtv.tv2.no/webtv/?progId=487649

'>

http://webtv.tv2.no/webtv/?progId=487649

I can't really say what they look like, since watching video is impossible from my work.

Also I don't know if the clip is viewable from outside Norway, but you'll find out, I'm sure :)

If the video doesn't work there are some pictures from the game here:

http://www.vif-fotball.no/article3072961.ece

'>

http://www.vif-fotball.no/article3072961.ece

Right winger looked very promising. Think I saw him a couple of times last season during the cup run and he was hit and miss.

Any ideas if he is maturing well or it was just a more hit than miss game?

Also, was that Julio Santa Cruz?

some of the norwegian lads looked huge.

seemed as if vålerenga was unlucky to lose, but my assumption is only based on the highlights.

did you watch the game akexanders..?

I didnt watch the whole game and I think Valerenga created more chances than us thus deserved at least a draw.

Yammy (NR 7) was very good. Toni Vastic looks like a goalpoacher.

Yesterday they lost 2-1 against IFK Gothenburg.

Goal by Ossayum Ossou /Yammy who played as a striker this game.

I thought Jason Lowe looked quite good and fit on his debut and would like to see more of him in the first team. Not been too impressed by Hanley and Morris though. Olsson, Hoilett, and Jones are clearly Premier League material though and I hope they keep going from strength to strength. Definitely exciting times to be a Rover :)

In this article, our youth system is highly praised...

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/225731

Good read Oklahoma and thanks for the link.

It's good to see the players who have been able to progress from the Academy to the senior squad get a mention as to the managers who have given them the chance. Jones is certainly the highlight of the bunch and hopefully he can make a successful comeback from his injury. I've watched Olsson with a lot of interest and certainly a great attacking player who can give much zest to the team and put the opposition under pressure.

One thing about the article, is the lack of mention to the other staff who have played a significant part in developong these players careers, such as Bowyer.

Archived