BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

In the next few days the prem will also be doing their own checks to see if VH have the money to run Rovers for a year. If all VH have is £144m, they will not have much left after the first year running a premiership club. Minus 25m to buy the club, 16 mill to pay the debt off, 5mill they have put aside for january - this does not leave much left to pay the wages etc etc.

So you must believe that VH will fail the prem ownership test that has started.

Even I have the money needed to run Rovers for a year. Rovers is probably making a mil or two £ profit this year due to the wage slashes at summer. No investment is needed for RUNNING the club.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The comment was, I believe, directed at Philip's sensationalist editorialising, which has been ludicrous and totally unhelpful over the last 24 hours.

No problem with a bit of banter and bit of ribbing EiT but ... "Maybe he is being paid to discredit the VH bid" ... is a bit near the knuckle I'd say. Seem to remember Nicko getting p!ssed off (quite rightly) when he was the butt of similar accusations around the Coyle/Burnley/Bolton shindig.

There have been many changes of direction throughout this farcical sales process. Counter information cannot emerge before a situation is known about. All through this sale Philip, Kamy and others have been the first to unearth new information, subsequently something or somebody is shot down and everyone's opinion changes. What's the crime there, updating the thread too early? Would we all rather have just been left in the dark for months on end?

Maybe I'm too old school and am too sensitive to this stuff, maybe disrespect wasn't intended but I always try to remember that there are real people behind these avatars.

I cant see why you would invest in a football club and your ambition is to finish 10th. why not dream big and go for a 6th place finish. If they hope to turn us into a consistent midtable club thank god for the league an FA cup.

Personally feel less and less enthusiastic about this as it rolls on. Talk of them being "completely open to sponsorship of Ewood Park" according to LT is insulting, considering the low cost of the club to purchase and their proposed 'investment'

Chairperson Anuradha Desai is quoted as saying that while they will pump in an additional £5 million 'to ensure they get good players she ruled out any high-profile acquisitions at least for now'.

How many good players can we get with that kind of money. Also how will it impact on the all important wage bill?

“We won’t need to buy expensive players, we can always lease them."

Who will lease loan us good players? -we've already used up one of our loans.

The paper (Indian Times) said Indian and multinational companies had 'begun to ask for sponsorship of the strip and Ewood Park'.

Mrs Desai is quoted as saying: “But our first priority is to get the club on a strong footing and back into the Premier League for which we might need to put in more money.

This lot don't look like they know their arse from their elbow when it comes to BRFC.

One thing for certain, they aren't winning any hearts and minds with this scattergun approach to PR.

Hope I end up pleasantly surprised if this goes through but I get the feeling we're being dropped in the sh1t by the trust. Lets not kid ourselves, the poor standard of the squad also lies with their complete lack of interest/support in the last couple of years.

him how you can make billions out of company worth £144m???

Well Venky's accounts turned a £118m profit last year. So you are saying that for the years previous and all the other companies under the umbrella group has made £26m!?! I find that a little strange if true.

A company that has a turnover in excess of £1bn and is the supplier of McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut and Dominoes India. I don't know it just sounds a little suspect that the company would have a total value of basically a single years profits.

I don't think they are worth billions but they are worth more than £144m.

Can you not just stay off this board instead, if all you want to do is riddicle another poster.

So you don't think Nicko has attempted to ridicule me as well? Why don't you say the same to him? Did you not want to know that Nicko's billion dollar valuation of VH Group (that's what he said, not any other related entity, just the VH Group) was way, way off the mark? Am I not entitled to an opinion?

You Nickogroupies, I don't know... ;)

I cant see why you would invest in a football club and your ambition is to finish 10th. why not dream big and go for a 6th place finish. If they hope to turn us into a consistent midtable club thank god for the league an FA cup.

There are 10 clubs or more who would be happy to be 10th to 12th at the end of the season.

Rovers would rejoice at that in the current situation.

If anything VH are being optimistic.

Look at the likely top-half clubs...see what their spending is...and try to find a buyer who would plough that into Rovers.

You have to presume that the people selling the club think they have found the right buyers after a long time spent searching.

Personally feel less and less enthusiastic about this as it rolls on. Talk of them being "completely opent to sponsorship of Ewood Park" according to LT is insulting, considering the low cost of the club to purchase and their proposed 'investment'

Chairperson Anuradha Desai is quoted as saying that while they will pump in an additional £5 million 'to ensure they get good players she ruled out any high-profile acquisitions at least for now'.

How many good players can we get with that kind of money. Also how will it impact on the all important wage bill?

The paper (Indian Times) said Indian and multinational companies had 'begun to ask for sponsorship of the strip and Ewood Park'.

Mrs Desai is quoted as saying: “But our first priority is to get the club on a strong footing and back into the Premier League for which we might need to put in more money.

This lot don't look like they know their arse from their elbow when it comes to BRFC.

One thing for certain, they aren't winning any hearts and minds with this scattergun approach to PR.

Hope I end up pleasantly surprised if this goes through but I get the feeling we're being dropped in the sh1t by the trust. Lets not kid ourselves, the poor standard of the squad also lies with their complete lack of interest/support in the last couple of years.

Agree - that's the point I was trying to make. From their comments, all seems a bit strange.

Ultimately it will come down to the players we have on the pitch - at the moment we have a poor squad, however our prospective new owners, according to their comments, seem to think the playing staff does not need much changing.

Maybe the Trust liked them as they follow the same ownership model!

Well Venky's accounts turned a £118m profit last year.

I don't think they are worth billions but they are worth more than £144m.

No they didn't make £118m last year, that figure is wrong.

Sorry, £144m was a mistype, it's £184m total value of the Group, as per their website. But the 'promoters' don't own the whole Group.

Personally feel less and less enthusiastic about this as it rolls on. Talk of them being "completely opent to sponsorship of Ewood Park" according to LT is insulting, considering the low cost of the club to purchase and their proposed 'investment'

Bear in mind have had the debts paid off,Rovers could take out further loans if needed. After all the bank did allow Rovers to build up an overdraft. Personally, I do not believe that will be the situation. The VH group have already said 5 mill for now and more latter on, when it is needed. They intend to make Rovers a successful prem club. The would know to do that they have to put money in.

Their whole reputation, here and in India is on the line here. Has anybody found a business that they have previously failed with. A lot of posts have come onto this message board. But not one stating that there is a history of VH having a failed business.

I cant see why you would invest in a football club and your ambition is to finish 10th.

Did she mention future years?? I think it was in relation to this season....as was the January transfer window when talking about £5m to spend + loans.

People take a sentance & twist it - until we have an actual statement from the official sources then I dont believe any of it...the trust MUST havve done there homework, otherwise these potential owners wouldnt get close to us, like plenty before havent.

As for worth £144m?? A firm that runs 80% of all Indias Poultry & supplies to McDs, Pizza Hut, KFC etc?? Cant see it!

I wouldn't give the current manager a large amount of money. More to come in the future (though not silly amounts) and no debts. They sound sensible.

It would put us in a better position than we are now, and there will be reasons why other potential investors haven't taken over. I trust those on the Rovers side who are sorting the deal out.

I realise there are far-more-learned money minds around here, but is another thing not pretty obvious with business.

Your turnover is huge, a billion or so a year. Your latest annual profit is only a fraction of that.

So where did the cash go? Wages, expenses, dividends, hiding it in other companies and future investments? You get taxed on profit after all, so the best plan is to avoid that surely.

Does this kind of thing not go on all of the time?

Did she mention future years?? I think it was in relation to this season....as was the January transfer window when talking about £5m to spend + loans.

People take a sentance & twist it - until we have an actual statement from the official sources then I dont believe any of it...the trust MUST havve done there homework, otherwise these potential owners wouldnt get close to us, like plenty before havent.

As for worth £144m?? A firm that runs 80% of all Indias Poultry & supplies to McDs, Pizza Hut, KFC etc?? Cant see it!

For once I'm with you on this. I would imagine that a company that supplies chicken to 80% of the population of a country where chicken is a staple of the diet is worth a bob or two. Especially when that country has a population of 1.2 billion.

After everything that has gone on in football over the last 12 months, how is a takeover funded by loans even being given the time of day by the Trust

And even more to the point...............why is the EPL allowing any more such funded takeovers???

Bear in mind have had the debts paid off,Rovers could take out further loans if needed. After all the bank did allow Rovers to build up an overdraft. Personally, I do not believe that will be the situation. The VH group have already said 5 mill for now and more latter on, when it is needed. They intend to make Rovers a successful prem club. The would know to do that they have to put money in.

Their whole reputation, here and in India is on the line here. Has anybody found a business that they have previously failed with. A lot of posts have come onto this message board. But not one stating that there is a history of VH having a failed business.

Hope your right.

I realise there are far-more-learned money minds around here, but is another thing not pretty obvious with business.

Your turnover is huge, a billion or so a year. Your latest annual profit is only a fraction of that.

So where did the cash go? Wages, expenses, dividends, hiding it in other companies and future investments? You get taxed on profit after all, so the best plan is to avoid that surely.

Does this kind of thing not go on all of the time?

Of course, that's why most analysts and banks value Earnings Before Interest Tax Depreciation and Amortisation (EBITDA) as the best guide for profit rather than operating profit/income numbers.

My point, and I am still waiting to be proven wrong, is that I don't think the revenue is 1bn, I think it's 100m. I am more than happy to put my hand up and say I have made a mistake, but all I have seen to date is one line that has been replicated in numerous newspaper reports, which I feel was hastily put together. The company is publicly traded and the numbers are easily accessible, but the conversion of Rupees and Crones to Pounds is quite confusing and I feel somewhere along the line an error was made and that nobody has corrected it.

LET

Even the LET have reported the loan from the bank. Surely this is a complete contrast to what they said yesterday

They are just summarising what we have all worked out over the past 20 pages, just like they took down the revenue and profit numbers yesterday after people (not me) brought their validity into question.

I actually registered about 6 weeks before that under a different username but my registration was never confirmed and, after a while, I lost the ability to post.

I neither want to side track this thread, nor disclose the precise details of user information we collect (don't worry, it's nothing over and above what almost every site of this type will track, and we never disclose the data to third parties), but I can safely say that if your registration wasn't confirmed you didn't post at all and unless you happened to also change ISPs and other technical details about how you access the internet in between, then it's highly unlikely your account was registered and later revoked.

That said, that's not relevant to this discussion, I just didn't want people under misapprehension over how the forum software works and what we do and don't allow. Unregistered users (and it's a 2 stage register, we automatically verify the email address then Ste or I check it manually, often with a few days delay to discourage drive-by posting) can NOT post. We also have a very good system for tracking duplicate accounts (and before anyone replies .... no .... it's much more sophisticated that a simple IP address check).

Replies directed to ask admin, not this thread please.

So, chickens ...... who'd have though it.

LET

Even the LET have reported the loan from the bank. Surely this is a complete contrast to what they said yesterday

The local paper has picked up the loan tale from the Indian paper and, to be fair, credits that as the source.

I also note it mentions that THREE people have been for talks from the VH Group.

I wonder if those could be the same three who were at the Liverpool game...a fact disputed some at the time as I recall.

... Point is Rothschild know, Ali Syed said he would invest £300 million in the club and SAID he was a billionaire- why did he not get past Rothschild, was the source of the money a problem? I dont know, does anyone?

Syed IS a billionaire. The 300m WAS seen by Rothschilds. My understanding is that the source of the funds was not the 'problem'. Neither to the best of my knowledge is it that he was considered a criminal, a money launderer, a terrorist or the front man for a consortium of ne'er do wells. Just that someone took an everyday humdrum financial view/judgement and decided it was advantageous for the club to talk to VH. Nothing machiavellian.

Archived