BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't even know who the prospective buyers are!

We don't know about their finances. We don't know about their business plan. We know sfa at this stage so calm down and let things take their course before we judge.

We know that the chairperson of our prospective owners doesn't even know we are actually already in the EPL and have been for years!!!!

Syed IS a billionaire. The 300m WAS seen by Rothschilds. My understanding is that the source of the funds was not the 'problem'. Neither to the best of my knowledge is it that he was considered a criminal, a money launderer, a terrorist or the front man for a consortium of ne'er do wells. Just that someone took an everyday humdrum financial view/judgement and decided it was advantageous for the club to talk to VH. Nothing machiavellian.

IF that is true then it is the biggest own goal in history- why would you turn away a billionaire with £300 million to spend on Rovers, unless of course his story does not check out... and he leaves behind a trail of debt in the UK ;)

With respect, there's one source saying it is financed by a bank and another source saying it's being financed from 'sources' which may, or may not, mean a loan but certainly doesn't mean it is definitely being financed through personal funds.

nor does that definately mean that it's being financed through a bank.

There's sod all us minions can do about it. Lets just see what unfurls over the coming days shall we.

IF that is true then it is the biggest own goal in history- why would you turn away a billionaire with £300 million to spend on Rovers ...

You may think that imy but I couldn't possible comment. Except that I aspire to never say anything that I am not a 100% certain on, at least on this topic ;-)

I don't know what's more disheartening - being bought with debt, only £5m funds, or them publicly stating they'll keep Allardyce on.

Who's the tallest, biggest galoot available for £5m? That's who'll we'll be signing. Ladies and Gentlemen, get ready for January and Sam spunking all £5m on Kevin Davies. Woo-hoo.

;):wacko:

I don't know what's more disheartening - being bought with debt, only £5m funds, or them publicly stating they'll keep Allardyce on.

Who's the tallest, biggest galoot available for £5m? That's who'll we'll be signing. Ladies and Gentlemen, get ready for January and Sam spunking all £5m on Kevin Davies. Woo-hoo.

Blimey, I hope so! I doubt The Twotters would let us have him for 5 mil though.

I would be surprised if Coyle would sell Davies, that may tell you something, not to mention, if we play the conventional Sam way, there would be no better purchase whether we like it or not!!

One thing that has become very clear, and that I expected to happen, is that the Trust have found some legal way around the true meaning of Jack's will to sell us to these people. Because you'd think this sort of situation is one of the main things he wouldn't have wanted to happen to us.

Blimey, I hope so! I doubt The Twotters would let us have him for 5 mil though.

I would be surprised if Coyle would sell Davies, that may tell you something, not to mention, if we play the conventional Sam way, there would be no better purchase whether we like it or not!!

They style of football and system has proven to be ineffective this season, and we're on a downward spiral by rigidly sticking with it. I don't want us to waste what little money Venky's are giving us on Davies; thus making us even more (if that's possible) of a percentage football team.

We need a creative midfielder far, far more than anything else.

One thing that has become very clear, and that I expected to happen, is that the Trust have found some legal way around the true meaning of Jack's will to sell us to these people. Because you'd think this sort of situation is one of the main things he wouldn't have wanted to happen to us.

Either that or the idea of Jack's legacy/wishes is just a romantic idea invented by ourselves.

Kind of like believing the Trust is more concerned with Jack's legacy than recouping the £30m they will be due once the club is sold.

Or that Rothschild is more concerned with ensuring the club is sold to a viable owner rather than someone that will allow them to receive their deal completion fee...

"He had a one month trial with Bolton Wanderers in 2006."

That was under Sam's reign?! Oh f**k. :blink:

I'm sure this guy's on his way to Brockhall as we speak:

"Even Iversen - 2.03m - (6ft8)

The 26 year old Norwegian Defender is, as far as I can tell, currently without a club, after leaving Arctic Circle based Bodø/Glimt in the Norwegian Tippeligaen in June 2009."

They style of football and system has proven to be ineffective this season, and we're on a downward spiral by rigidly sticking with it. I don't want us to waste what little money Venky's are giving us on Davies; thus making us even more (if that's possible) of a percentage football team.

We need a creative midfielder far, far more than anything else.

Agree 100% along with a pacy wide man!!

I still maintain that Spansterkid has to some extent the wrong end of the stick. He is basing all his 'mathematics' on the stock market value of the shares in one company owned by a group, owned by or partly owned by the 'promoters'. That is not a basis for ascertaining the total wealth of these people or even the liquid assets of the company. We do not know how many other companies on other stock exchanges they own or how much thay have off the stock markets. All he is valuing is the nominal value of one of their investments.

This is equivalent to calculating the stock market value of Flybe and assuming that that is the total wealth of the Walker family. That can change quickly depending upon what price somebody pays for a batch of shares. The truth is that we have no idea of the total wealth of the 'promoters' who I believe it was once mentioned were the purchasers.

Spansterkid is just determined to be a prophet of doom with half a story.

While ANY money enabling us to survive in the Premier League would obviously be most welcome, it is hard not to feel underwhelmed with Venky's statements thus far about a 10-12th place finish and 5 million to spend. One of the great things about Mark Hughes's tenure was his "sky's the limit" public position. He talked up the club despite not having a proverbial pot to ###### in.

Clearly, Syed went over the top with his PR machine on how much we'd have to spend, but the stuff that Venky's have come out with to this point is really playing into the "little old Rovers" image the national press love to use to belittle us.

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived