Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

Rovers Takeover

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
2530 replies to this topic

#2521 imy9

imy9

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4334 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

You are really pushing my buttons. The unlisted part? VH Group is a holding company. Venkys represents at least 50% of the group income. What business do you think the parent company is involved in? How big do you actually think the chicken hatcheries industry in the third world is?

If you bothered to read their annual report, and yes I have, you will see that the Venkys India (Ltd) made, in 2009-2010

£100m of revenue
£11.8m of profit

The article you are quoting about 90% of the business being unlisted comes from Guarav's online stock tips, in which he 'estimates' what the group's income is in broken English.

If you have 80-85% of this in a country with a BILLION plus population I would expect it to be more than £10 million profit a year mate.

Can I get some clarification, if a company is unlisted does this mean that the figures/profits etc do not make up any part of their accounts viewable by the public?
"What can you do against the lunatic who is more intelligent than yourself, who gives your arguments a fair hearing and then simply persists in his lunacy?" George Orwell.

#2522 BuckyRover

BuckyRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7417 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

Therein lies the issue with this board, ONE line in ONE indian newspaper ensures mass hysteria as its the gospel truth, but when we get a DIRECT quote from someone purchasing the club, it is then read into and dissected to the nth degree.

Simple question Do you think the Trust in their right mind after Portsmouth and co are going to sell the club to someone not able to afford it?

In a nutshell basically. We are not being bought with debt, if we are I will be very disappointed.
BuckyRover: Has NOT supported Ince since 12 minutes into the Wigan game.

In case you needed reminding....

#2523 Sysagent

Sysagent

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:54 AM

Therein lies the issue with this board, ONE line in ONE indian newspaper ensures mass hysteria as its the gospel truth, but when we get a DIRECT quote from someone purchasing the club, it is then read into and dissected to the nth degree.

Simple question Do you think the Trust in their right mind after Portsmouth and co are going to sell the club to someone not able to afford it?

Depends on how desperate the Trust are to get Blackburn Rovers off their books...

Even Scudamore says he has no issue with Premier League teams being bought on leveraged loans.

I am not naive enough to think that buisness's don't take out loans to buy other business's, of course they do and it probably happens all the time, what I am trying to get to the root of here is have the VH Group taken out a loan to purchase Blackburn Rovers (equity base, etc etc), if they haven't and they have dipped into their own coffers then great!

If not, how is the loan backed up, have they used Blackburn Rovers as their assurance or the VH Group?

This is all I am pressing to find out as to me this is one of the most vital pieces of information in this takeover.

#2524 BPF

BPF

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Xbox Gamer Tag:SJBradleyNY
  • Twitter: @OaklandRovers

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:56 AM

I'm starting to think that Syed Ali is a genius.

He had no interest in buying the club

Went about creating a name for himself extremely cheaply.

Then gave two small donations to basically 'thank the town.'
8th Place: Full Tilt BRFCS Poker Tournament (06/09/10)
3rd Place: Full Tilt BRFCS Poker Tournament (11/10/10)

Lifelong season ticket holder - Now living in New York (Just a little too far to travel)

#2525 47er

47er

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7219 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:56 AM

On an article that got pulled off the website as quickly as it appeared...

I am not questioning the VH Groups wealth here, I am questioning how they have funded the purchase of Blackburn Rovers?

And Imy9 what exactly is their "own sources"?

I could go to my local TSB and draw out £46 million (not likely, but it's a point) and then purchase a football team and claim it's my "own source", what exactly is their "own sources"?

Sounds all a bit wishy washy too me.

I'll bet that you'll be the last man standing.

#2526 Sysagent

Sysagent

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

I'll bet that you'll be the last man standing.

Does not compute...

Explain?

Edited by Sysagent, 28 October 2010 - 09:58 AM.

#2527 budha

budha

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1301 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:58 AM

If not, how is the loan backed up, have they used Blackburn Rovers as their assurance or the VH Group?

The one Indian article (not Economic Times) yesterday said that they have, in their balance sheet, a bit over £20M of assets and £10M of unsecured loans. With those numbers you won't get a £46M loan. So, unless they really have major assets outside the public company, they would have to use Rovers as a security, if they actually have taken a £46M loan.
Follow Rovers in Finnish: http://futisforum2.o...hp?topic=142149

#2528 Balwer

Balwer

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1741 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:59 AM

If you have 80-85% of this in a country with a BILLION plus population I would expect it to be more than £10 million profit a year mate.

Can I get some clarification, if a company is unlisted does this mean that the figures/profits etc do not make up any part of their accounts viewable by the public?

http://www.centad.or...ultry_Paper.pdf good article on the poultry industry in India from a few years back.

From 96 to 2006 the industry added $229m to the Gross National Product

http://www.highbeam....-144119359.html

Annual turnover of the entire retail chicken market (everyone buying any chicken product in the shop) is 95b rupees. Venkys makes 7bn a year. Seems fair. Of course if we believe the LT then Venkys makes 70bn a year, so they'd need to be supplying every single piece of chicken in every single store, and the retailers wouldn't be putting much a mark up on it.

http://www.streetdir...y_industry.html
Arte et labore

#2529 SAS

SAS

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4432 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:05 AM

Re: syed comments. This guy would be awesome and the simple choice. The fact he isn't says something to me. Too many pr stunts.

Also is it a coincedince that this vh chairperson has some relation to Hyderabad. Was it education or residency ?

#2530 Hughesy

Hughesy

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21891 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:05 AM

Balwer are they not involved in many other things such as Chicken feed, human biomedicals, pet vaccines + many other things....ALSO EVERY year they make profit, does that cash stay in the company or do they get to save it away somewhere?

I know you can read accounts - not doubting that...but can you think for one minute - look at the situation below & then answer if £11.8m seems right?

Do you honestly believe a company who are in 25 countries
Supply 80% of all of Indias Poultry (A country with 1.2bn population)
Supply chicken to KFC, Mc’ds, Pizza Hut & more
They are the main supplier of poultry to Russia (Another massive country)
They have recently expanded into Vietnam & Bangladesh, they also have another base in Switzerland

Yet they ONLY make £11.8m a year profit??
The best way to predict your future is to create it!!

#2531 Glenn

Glenn

BDFL (retired)

• Backroom Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10714 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:08 AM

Ok, thread has grown too large. new one http://www.brfcs.co....-end-game/]here[/url]

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize. ~Voltaire
Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire
Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. ~ Benjamin Franklin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.