BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to take a substantial investment to really change our fortunes imo, especially with all these clubs around us (the likes of Stoke, Bolton and Sunderland) who can spend a lot of money compared to us.

Would the Trust be prepared to do that? I have my doubts.

Just listened to the podcast on the LET website and Andy Cryer agrees with you. He said the Trust will not invest anymore money and the club will remain for sale if the latest round of talks fail.

He also said that the VH group don't have as much money as Ali Syed "claims" to have but he believes that VH are currently leading the chase.

Its on the LET website if anyone wants to listen.

No, it's not like a house, because that would be a simile, as in a football club is like a house.

It's an often over used metaphor, but it does the job perfectly, i.e. conveying the concept of re-investment.

I think "perfuming the pig" would be more appropriate, given the likely level of Walker investment.

Interesting comments from Kamy's latest article, especially the view that Syed may still be in the running as it currently stands but is "unlikely to succeed" despite these recent donations to the Cathedral and the nightsafe charity due to unanswered questions.

Sounds like there is still a long way to go for any deal to be done.

Thanks for the update Kamy.

...when people create metaphors for football clubs, why is it almost constantly a house?

A football club is not like a house.

But if you say a football club is like a football club, it'd not be a metaphor...

edit - or a similie for that matter...

I think Nicko was trying to give us a broad hint that it is virtually a done deal with the VH Group in pole position. I could be wrong of course, and personally I would feel sad and slightly disappointed if Mr. Ali fails in his attempt. However above ALL else I TRUST the Trust to get it right.

I think Nicko was trying to give us a broad hint that it is virtually a done deal with the VH Group in pole position. I could be wrong of course, and personally I would feel sad and slightly disappointed if Mr. Ali fails in his attempt. However above ALL else I TRUST the Trust to get it right.

Seems a much more likely explanation than mine, Fife, but I've had a long hard day at school today and the image of chickens there just appealed and it might explain how they might make some cash out of their purchase.

The burning question, of course, is: will there be a takeover? The honest answer is that no one outside the club knows, and to claim otherwise would be to lie. However, this week a senior source at the club when asked this question answered that at present it is 70/30 in favour of a successful takeover happening!

So nobody at all has any idea if it will happen then. Until the conditions required to buy the club are modified or Jack Walker Mark II turns up there will be no sale, IMO.

There should be something in the Mirror tomorrow.

I will fill in any gaps if they have been missed out.

Chickens may finally be coming home to roost...the buck stops here...and your cluck might be in.

Sorry, I can't resist. The gags on this one just keep on coming.

There should be something in the Mirror tomorrow.

I will fill in any gaps if they have been missed out.

Chickens may finally be coming home to roost...the buck stops here...and your cluck might be in.

Sorry, I can't resist. The gags on this one just keep on coming.

What gags?

According to the conversion I found on the internet 5 crore = 1 million euros.

So 75 crore = aprox 15 million euros. A bit different to £750,000,000 :rolleyes:

http://www.venkys.com/archive/profile/profileStructure.html

According to their profile they are a

1300 crore conglomerate, so if according to the above sums,

5 crore= 1 million Euros then

1 crore is about 200,000 Euros

200,000 x 1300= 260000000

Could someone confirm is that 2.6 Billion Euros or have I messed the figures up... again!

http://www.venkys.com/archive/profile/profileStructure.html

According to their profile they are a

1300 crore conglomerate, so if according to the above sums,

5 crore= 1 million Euros then

1 crore is about 200,000 Euros

200,000 x 1300= 260000000

Could someone confirm is that 2.6 Billion Euros or have I messed the figures up... again!

Or at today's exchange rate £2.6bn :)

Spot on. So it looks like we will be owned by a group worth £260m.

That's much less than Mr. Ali's reputed worth, and less than Jack Walker was worth when he first bought the club.

Very worrying as this does not even relate to liquid funds. They would have to liquidate virtually half the company just to finance us.

They can't possibly be looking to do it for any other reason than for profit, which is bound to end in disaster!! I cannot possibly see how they are suitable to take us over, no matter how morally upstanding they are. Unless that is the value of just one of the companies and not the entire group.

£260m in terms of the premiership is "chicken feed".

Archived