BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spot on. So it looks like we will be owned by a group worth £260m.

That's much less than Mr. Ali's reputed worth, and less than Jack Walker was worth when he first bought the club.

Would a group worth £260m, purchase a footballclub for over £40m? That is only going to run at a loss. That can't be right, surely?

I fail to see how a company which has been running for decades and has a market share of 85% can only be worth £260m. I guess the parent company would be worth substantially more. I guess it comes down to Venky's selling low priced items (eggs) in bulk plus high end products (all that cellular stuff i don't understand) in smaller amounts. I would imagine combined they are worth more than £260m. Also, i had no idea they had media interests. That could be a VERY big deal.

From Kamy update and Nicko comments today looks like we are closing in on a deal with VH group about them taking over at rovers as owners. I still wouldn't rule out Syed Ali buying rovers and his donations to blackburn projects are grateful.

Also would just like to say Thankyou to Kamy and Nicko for their comments and updates.

Not in the mood for chicken jokes. Would feel happier if I knew why these chicks want Rovers and what their plans are. Aaaaarrrrrghhhh :angry:

I know you are not in the mood for jokes about chickens. Mum, but guess what i had for dinner? ;)

Looking at VH groups investment from another angle, against Syed.

1 Crore = 10,000,000 IRP

1 GBP = 71.4 IRP (rounded up) todays closeing rate.

Im GBP = 71,400,000 IRP or 7.14 Crore

To match Syeds 300m they would have to come up with 21,342,000,000 Crore which = 210.342B IRP over the 15 year period which is 1.4428B IRP/142Crore pa. :(

If you look on some currency websites it suggests 1crore =

£10millon so the 1300 crore would equal over £13 billion but that was when I searched crore which as some reports would suggest they are worth more than syed as I don't think the trust would let a billionaire slip through the net for a millionaire

£10millon so the 1300 crore would equal over £13 billion but that was when I searched crore which as some reports would suggest they are worth more than syed as I don't think the trust would let a billionaire slip through the net for a millionaire

The devil is in the detail.

I know that option has been discussed - and makes a whole lot of sense.

You can have a nice big house, let it go a bit and then realise you can't sell it for what you want and will only get more for it down the line if you get new kitchens and lavvies...

Doing that may give you one of the better properties on the street too.

It's just the same really.

So does that mean United will be getting a new:

PUREX_TOILET.jpg

In January?

The devil is in the detail.

True.

VH could be worth £20 billion but that doesn't necessarily guarantee that they will be big spenders.

Syed has been pretty vocal about his plans (early on anyway) in terms of providing funds over a period of time. If he has the funds but VH pip him to it then you have to put faith in the trust's reasoning by picking one prospective owner over another. I would have thought having the ability to provide investment over a period of time would have been one of the key criteria that has to be met for any sale.

Nothing really we can do but wait and see what unfolds.

From the IMF.

The Indian Rupee is the currency in India (IN, IND). The symbol for INR can be written Rs, IRs, and ₨. The Indian Rupee is divided into 100 paise. The exchange rate for the Indian Rupee was last updated on October 20, 2010 from The International Monetary Fund. The INR conversion factor has 6 significant digits. Large amounts of Rupees are expressed in lakh rupees or crore rupees. A Lakh Rupee is one hundred thousand rupees and a crore rupee is ten million rupees.

The 13bn would be rupees, wouldn't it?

According to xe currency exchange:

69.8960 rupees = £1

If anyone can get the rupee to core conversion correct and then divide that by the ebitda of the vh group we should know how rich they are for last year at least.

So the chicken feed people would be financing the acquisition by taking a loan against the club itself, and later moving the debt to the club following the current trends.. With that kind of numbers they wouldn't have an extra £40M lying around.

That was my thinking also.

But wasnt the £260 million figure including all the companies? I am assuming that this is how much they company is worth as opposed to the profits it made.

Philip did say that they had a lot of money and had been around for 30 years, but £260 million is not much at all really .

Venky's is just one company from the group.

i have assumed that all sales appear to go through Venkys A/C and that seems to be were dividends Etc are paid from.

Tracking several of the other listed companies published A/C all lead back to Venky" listed public A/C

V H Group is listed as 1300 Crore worth which is £182m at today's rate.

Archived