Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

Rovers Takeover

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
2530 replies to this topic

#1081 imy9

imy9

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4294 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 21:06 PM

http://www.blackburn...ind_Rovers_bid/

What a gesture again by syed top man!
"What can you do against the lunatic who is more intelligent than yourself, who gives your arguments a fair hearing and then simply persists in his lunacy?" George Orwell.

#1082 Craigman

Craigman

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 21:06 PM

No need to wait for morning !

#1083 1864roverite

1864roverite

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11764 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 21:07 PM

Spansterkid

take the time to read the input provided by members such as BPF and Philip, not to mention the quality detail provided by Kamy. if you read and digest the information you will see that the details are NOT the 100% word on the deal. You will see that it is information provided by persons who have given the information with the best if intentions.

You will note Kamy has had a direct line to Ali's camp, he has also had a direct line with BRFC as well as taking the effort/chance to speak to another interested party.

You will also read valuable input from Philip. Should you look at what he has written you will see some very intertesting information based on what he has learned from at least 2 sources as well as his own defination of what is going on through his own skills and experiences.

BPF has also provided some quality information that has been corroborated by at least 2 other persons. Again, using these sources it is a summisation of what has been occurring, it is not definitive.

Please give some of these members a little credit. There are people on here who really do have an inkling of what is actually happening. They have lines of information that would appear to be a real source of information.

These people try to give an honest opinion of how they see it, this has been made clear several times.

Just accept that some of may be correct, some of it may be way off but some of may be 100% bang on the button.
.....Sure as I am this day we are the masters of our own fate that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond our endurance. As long as we have faith in our cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us.....

Sir Winston.......

#1084 philipl

philipl

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27435 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 21:07 PM

OK I will let you know what happens.

There are at least six MB members and ex-members who have contacts at key points in the processes that are involved in this putative takeover. Some increase and decrease in importance as bidders become more or less active which should tell you there are people with ins to the buying camps as well as talking dogs at Brockhall....

Anyway, as far as I am concerned, Rovers getting the very best deal is of paramount importance. In fact everything else is irrelevant compared with that objective.

So everything I post goes through that filter.

Then there is the issue of reliability- somethings are red herrings, some simple misunderstandings, some are wild guesses masquerading as rumours masquerading as real events.

So I tread carefully when it comes to speculation or new sources- I use words like "I think" or "it appears" etc to signal that the story comes with a health warning.

Especially at the moment when there are flatly contradictory stories about Syed. One with the greatest authority says he must sing now or he is out after missing every beat the conductor has given him for the past six weeks. But then another very reliable source saying his people are deep in negotiation. Of course they could both be right.

Finally there are things I know journalists are also onto. I don't make a living from doing this, the journos do and unless they are producing what I consider to be untruths, I am not going to take them on and run a spoiler for the sake of a few hours before you all know. Rightly or wrongly, people trust nicko and Andy Cryer a heck of a lot more than they trust my scribblings on here... Besides, as is the case with this about to break Syed story, I know some details but certainly not all of them and my half truth might turn out to be very misleading if I post it now. I learnt that lesson when I'd misunderstood the Cathedral donation story from Friday last week as being the LT running a story against Syed. It was only on Sunday I heard it was in fact £125K for the Cathedral Choristers and I had totally misunderstood the hints coming my way. So no I am not going to say what I know just now- the LT are onto it and if I am right it is wonderful news for Blackburn.

PS look at 1083 and 1084 above and the £40,000 donation to Nightsafe is indeed absolutely real. One phone call to them out of the blue and a cheque arrived in the next but one post. Absolutely fantastic for an incredibly deserving cause.

Edited by philipl, 20 October 2010 - 21:14 PM.

#1085 47er

47er

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7046 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 21:19 PM

No need to wait for morning !

Its like an episode of Secret Millionaire! These are relatively small sums for a man of his reputed wealth but they do indicate one or two things:

He's still determined to buy the club.

There are advisors on the ground informing him about affairs in the local community.

He wants us to think well of him ie it matters to him.

He's cashed up, must have spent in the 7 figures already.

He sees the link between the club and the town and intends to keep it/extend it/make it closer.

All good news as far as I am concerned. Don't know whats holding things up but to both parties-------please fix it.

Edited by 47er, 20 October 2010 - 21:25 PM.

#1086 Amarillo

Amarillo

Villarreal CF/Rovers fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13964 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 21:20 PM

None of these charitable donations mean ANYTHING unless coupled with a photo of Syed kissing a babeh.
The artist formerly known as Topman

#1087 SYRovers

SYRovers

Championship

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 21:21 PM

PS look at 1083 and 1084 above and the 40,000 donation to Nightsafe is indeed absolutely real. One phone call to them out of the blue and a cheque arrived in the next but one post. Absolutely fantastic for an incredibly deserving cause.

Was this the wonderful news you were talking about?

#1088 BuckyRover

BuckyRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7417 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 21:25 PM

Amazing story.

I hope this works out for us
BuckyRover: Has NOT supported Ince since 12 minutes into the Wigan game.

In case you needed reminding....

#1089 92er

92er

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5813 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 21:27 PM

I have to say I think the gift to Nightsafe is wonderful; I am sure a fall in the income for this charity would have been devastating for its clients, so I imagine it will be business as usual for them. Great news.

I am a little perplexed by the gift to the Cathedral. Has a cheque for 25,000 or 125,000 been sent?
995325036%%%topic.cgi?forum=1&topic=2081%%%Top 3 Players.

#1090 Spansterkid

Spansterkid

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 21:37 PM

OMG Spansterkid, i thought you were chilled. Seems like there is still, a bit of hot air coming out there. ;)

I am chilled, I just write like a wired up nipple!
uncouth garb & strange oaths

#1091 Mr. E

Mr. E

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3056 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 21:51 PM

I don't think even that "fairy godmother" could keep up with Mr. Syed right about now...

#1092 67splitscreen

67splitscreen

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5792 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 22:04 PM

Syed appears to be trying is hardest to get the Blackburn public/Rovers fans behind his bid.

I can't say I can remember any club owner making these sort of donations let alone a jockey that has not even finished the race.

Three so called acts of charity in the last week, weird but fair play to him.

Hearts and minds .......... ???.
" I'd like to play for an Italian club like Barcelona. " Mark Draper

#1093 Fife Rover

Fife Rover

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4843 posts

• ST Block: w11

Posted 20 October 2010 - 22:13 PM

Well it shows us all one thing; and that is that he must really want it. It obviously matters a lot to him, so the only thing we the fans have to worry about is:

WHY???

#1094 Torgeir

Torgeir

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 22:19 PM

Shows his determination not only to invest in Blackburn Rovers Football Club but the local community as well. Is the general consensus that deadline day is still Nov 1?

#1095 Spansterkid

Spansterkid

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 22:22 PM

OK I will let you know what happens.

There are at least six MB members and ex-members who have contacts at key points in the processes that are involved in this putative takeover. Some increase and decrease in importance as bidders become more or less active which should tell you there are people with ins to the buying camps as well as talking dogs at Brockhall....

Anyway, as far as I am concerned, Rovers getting the very best deal is of paramount importance. In fact everything else is irrelevant compared with that objective.

So everything I post goes through that filter.

Then there is the issue of reliability- somethings are red herrings, some simple misunderstandings, some are wild guesses masquerading as rumours masquerading as real events.

So I tread carefully when it comes to speculation or new sources- I use words like "I think" or "it appears" etc to signal that the story comes with a health warning.

Especially at the moment when there are flatly contradictory stories about Syed. One with the greatest authority says he must sing now or he is out after missing every beat the conductor has given him for the past six weeks. But then another very reliable source saying his people are deep in negotiation. Of course they could both be right.

Finally there are things I know journalists are also onto. I don't make a living from doing this, the journos do and unless they are producing what I consider to be untruths, I am not going to take them on and run a spoiler for the sake of a few hours before you all know. Rightly or wrongly, people trust nicko and Andy Cryer a heck of a lot more than they trust my scribblings on here... Besides, as is the case with this about to break Syed story, I know some details but certainly not all of them and my half truth might turn out to be very misleading if I post it now. I learnt that lesson when I'd misunderstood the Cathedral donation story from Friday last week as being the LT running a story against Syed. It was only on Sunday I heard it was in fact 125K for the Cathedral Choristers and I had totally misunderstood the hints coming my way. So no I am not going to say what I know just now- the LT are onto it and if I am right it is wonderful news for Blackburn.

PS look at 1083 and 1084 above and the 40,000 donation to Nightsafe is indeed absolutely real. One phone call to them out of the blue and a cheque arrived in the next but one post. Absolutely fantastic for an incredibly deserving cause.

I'm not disputing that you have a 'heads up' on items that are likely to appear in the Telegraph the following day, or even that you have some limited 'inside information' on the different takeover bids. In fact, I'm sure you have more knowledge and sources than I do. The accumulation of our knowledge (and opinions on it) is what this thread's purpose is (or should be).

However, your point about not spoiling the journos info is ridiculous. If you don't want to spoil their fun (I would) then why bother telling us that you know that a story is going to be in the Telegraph the next day (or next hour as it turned out tonight)? It can only be to flatter your own ego! It's obvious you know someone who works for that rag, so what? It is this kind of willy waving that I object to, more than anything.

Mr Ali's contributions to much neglected local causes are, as you say, fantastic for Blackburn (although I would argue that diverting capital expropriated from Asian workers towards under-resourced British charitable social projects is a bit like stealing from your baby brother, but that's another matter..) but you telling us that it was coming only serves to emphasise my previous point.

I do appreciate that you are trying to be careful and not mislead anyone but my frustration comes from what I know about the takeover leading me to believe that you are doing exactly that, misleading people into thinking the Syed Ali bid is falling down the pecking order when it is most certainly not.
uncouth garb & strange oaths

#1096 47er

47er

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7046 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 22:29 PM

Well it shows us all one thing; and that is that he must really want it. It obviously matters a lot to him, so the only thing we the fans have to worry about is:

WHY???

Well I would guess he wants, one day, to be able to sell an asset that has appreciated considerably------- due to the money he had put into it, the vision he had realised and the business acumen with which he had managed the whole business.

Alternatively we could make a stand and watch our club decline instead.

#1097 bazza

bazza

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2452 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 22:31 PM

If anyone is in touch with Mr Syed or his group, please tell him about the bazza poverty appeal. Up to now I have received no donations and we are about to go under.
Thanks, and here's hoping.

#1098 philipl

philipl

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27435 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 22:37 PM

If I hadn't been careful, I would have posted on Friday night the LT are going to run a new Goldberg type story about Syed... and been 100% wrong!!!

#1099 simcla

simcla

Championship

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 22:37 PM

Could these donations be as a result of a condition of the sale by the trust? Maybe Jack stipulated that the owner had to be a benefactor to the town as well as the club?

#1100 Fife Rover

Fife Rover

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4843 posts

• ST Block: w11

Posted 20 October 2010 - 23:22 PM

Well I would guess he wants, one day, to be able to sell an asset that has appreciated considerably------- due to the money he had put into it, the vision he had realised and the business acumen with which he had managed the whole business.

Alternatively we could make a stand and watch our club decline instead.

Now why would we want to do that?

Edited by Fife Rover, 20 October 2010 - 23:23 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.