BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not feeling very confident, about this VH group taking over. I feel very uncomfortable, and i understand that the trust have thoroughly checked them out, but the trust can make mistakes. There are certain bits in the article by Nicko, that worries and i hope im proved wrong, but i have a bad feeling about this.

Agree to some extent. On the face of it they don't appear to have the financial muscle to move us forward and Syed had outlined a detailed plan, which including bringing in football people like Darmon. The flipside is that for the trust to choose them may mean they actually have a better long term strategy/investment plan than Syed.

An extra 7-8 million a year would be an improvement for us - the problem is we need about 30 million initially to get our squad in good enough shape to stay up!

I have to agree. If this takeover does go through with VH group, I will have to research into exactly what the company does and what it stands for. If cruelty against animals is a part of their business, then I could not affiliate myself with them. It is an awful position to be in personally, as a fan of Blackburn Rovers. I know many others will not see this as an issue at all, but for me it truly is. I love the club, but there are more important things in life to me.

Two quotes of this nature already, could this be a sign of things to come should this group take over?

Just to clarify I have no issue with you stance on this subject either, but a premier league football club is a high profile acquisition and we could become the target for activists.

Frankly despite the stories to the contrary I think we will be taken over by Ali Syed rather than this VH group.

Couldnt agree more with wing wizard, we need a huge cash injection initially to sort this squad out, will the VH group provide this if they take over? I don't know if the figures on here are true, but £250 million can be blown in two summers funding a premier league football club attempting to achieve on field success.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

• Backroom

I know there is not a chance in hell of this happening.. but.. I would like to see the club take a vote from supporters as to who they would prefer buying us out. I know where my vote would go, and it wouldn't be to the chicken outfit. ^_^

nicko/bpf/philip

1. Does anyone know how much money the vh group have? Nicko you said they made billions and have lots of cash, is this rupees or pounds!

2.how have this group managed to complete the deal so quickly, does this mean the supposed extra clauses in the trustees contracts do not exist? Thanks guys.

Clauses most certainly do exist.

The indicatons that have consistently emerged about VH is that they are a Saurin Shah with money. Ie they have a value set and feel for football which sits very easily with the those of Rovers and the Walker Settlement.

If they have had the intelligence to fully understand the nature of the beast they were negotiating with then it is perhaps not surprising that things went relatively quickly- the Trust and Rothschilds will have had enough practise at it to know exactly what they want to achieve by now. As I have repeatedly written, DD should have been a five day job seeing as at least two others have so recently done their DD.

As for numbers- the stuff nicko wrote in the Mirror is not news per se. Whatever the Trust asked for has been agreed to by at least four parties: Shah, Syed, mystery and now VH.

The really significant question for fans is what is the VH 15 year plan for Rovers? And that is completely sealed from view at present.

Let's see what happens in terms of Syed response. I have no idea what it will be.

Clauses most certainly do exist.

The indicatons that have consistently emerged about VH is that they are a Saurin Shah with money. Ie they have a value set and feel for football which sits very easily with the those of Rovers and the Walker Settlement.

If they have had the intelligence to fully understand the nature of the beast they were negotiating with then it is perhaps not surprising that things went relatively quickly- the Trust and Rothschilds will have had enough practise at it to know exactly what they want to achieve by now. As I have repeatedly written, DD should have been a five day job seeing as at least two others have so recently done their DD.

As for numbers- the stuff nicko wrote in the Mirror is not news per se. Whatever the Trust asked for has been agreed to by at least four parties: Shah, Syed, mystery and now VH.

The really significant question for fans is what is the VH 15 year plan for Rovers? And that is completely sealed from view at present.

Let's see what happens in terms of Syed response. I have no idea what it will be.

could you explain this further Phil, as i understood it to be at least 10 to 14 days to have it done.

The VH thing is moving along pretty quickly.

I expect them to be here some time very soon and probably at the match on Sunday.

The Premier League are expecting to be speaking to them at length very shortly afterwards.

There are clearly a lot of questions everybody else would like to ask - why? being the main one.

However - from what I gather - these are the SAME mystery Indians I mentioned a few weeks back and have been sniffing around since.

I expect Syed to stay in the fight, but there has been a lot less flak around the VH bid.

Of course, that could just be about to begin.

At least something is happening at a significant level - although I still wouldn't bet the chicken hut on it ending in a takeover [but that's just me].

I know there is not a chance in hell of this happening.. but.. I would like to see the club take a vote from supporters as to who they would prefer buying us out. I know where my vote would go, and it wouldn't be to the chicken outfit. ^_^

You're right, no chance. We have Rothchilds on this, The Trust and the Board. Months of due dilligence. They aren't going to put a poll on BRFCS to determine the outcome, we're not aware of 90% of the detail and plans I'd suggest.

You're clucking at straws there mate.

Im not feeling very confident, about this VH group taking over. I feel very uncomfortable, and i understand that the trust have thoroughly checked them out, but the trust can make mistakes. There are certain bits in the article by Nicko, that worries and i hope im proved wrong, but i have a bad feeling about this.

Well that's convinced me!!!!!!

Nor should we get a vote. You'd have to have been involved in negotiations from the start to know precisely what's best.

Philip you say in the above post

The indications that have consistently emerged about VH is that they are a Saurin Shah with money. Ie they have a value set and feel for football which sits very easily with the those of Rovers and the Walker Settlement. Does that mean in your opinion S.Shah has moved ahead of Syed in the process in that he might not have as much money as some but his values & feel for football put him ahead?.

you also mention

By this statement are you now telling us the VH group have done their DD? If so, why was there nothing in the paper to suggest they had started DD. You also state 2 others have done their DDone is obviously Syed is the other the mystery group. Is this the unknown Indian group or from a different part of the world? sorry to ask this but it is proving hard to keep up.

Philip In your opinion as you seem to be close to things in your opinion who would you say is in the lead as it has chopped and changed so many times and who in your opinion based on what you know think will take over the club?. Thanks as ever for your valuable input.

DD is a DD is a DD. Once you've done one, the next one is not going to ask any different questions.

I think these people have probably done this as [a] they have been around a while and there have been people over from their group lately who could have done that job.

Rovers also had someone in India, which could have been for thei own fact find on them.

From what I hear there are a 'lot' of this group on their way in the next 24-48 hours, so we may even be able to put faces to names.

It is still one of the oddest takeover bids I have ever heard of.

It is still one of the oddest takeover bids I have ever heard of.

Just wanted to say thanks for the headline today. Previously we've seen "Indian consortium" "Mystery man" "Billionaire" and then today you use the term "chicken company", do you any idea how many people have been making clucking noises at me so far today?

I've even had a liverpool supporter (who I have been giving a serious amount of banter recently) doing an impersonation of a chicken pecking corn with his colleague telling me he's cracked and is now a blackburn fan.

I blame you Mr Nixon and your twisted humour!!

Just wanted to say thanks for the headline today. Previously we've seen "Indian consortium" "Mystery man" "Billionaire" and then today you use the term "chicken company", do you any idea how many people have been making clucking noises at me so far today?

I've even had a liverpool supporter (who I have been giving a serious amount of banter recently) doing an impersonation of a chicken pecking corn with his colleague telling me he's cracked and is now a blackburn fan.

I blame you Mr Nixon and your twisted humour!!

The fact that it is a chicken company - and so obscure - makes it a better story. No apologies for that.

The steel company thing worked ok as I recall. Jack Walker was always a 'steel magnate' which is a pun in itself if you stretch the imagination.

You can tell the Liverpool fan that they have been taken over by someone who 'looks like the lesbian out of Glee' if I may quote BigSam on Twitter...

Why is this thing odd ??

If a company want´s us its odd, when its Man Utd. or Liverpool then everything is great ?

I think the trust want to find a prober solution for Rovers, and not leave us in the situation as Pompey, Leeds & other clubs have been in for the last couple of years.

I am a believer and i still belive we gonna end up with the right solution one way or another.

The fact that it is a chicken company - and so obscure - makes it a better story. No apologies for that.

The steel company thing worked ok as I recall. Jack Walker was always a 'steel magnate' which is a pun in itself if you stretch the imagination.

You can tell the Liverpool fan that they have been taken over by someone who 'looks like the lesbian out of Glee' if I may quote BigSam on Twitter...

I'm not convinced anyone here would have a clue what Glee is, let alone know the individuals within a US TV show. Me thinks big Sam watches too much TV as I've had to google it.

The retort is simple "it would seem chickens can fly higher than liver birds if the table is to be believed".

You cannot deny your loving the chicken aspect of this story and that your going to milk it for all its worth.

Archived