BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko - you may have discusse dthis way earlier in the thread, but why does it take Liverpool a relatively short amunt of time to find a new purchaser, and then the transaction happen, compared to our drawn out process ? I presum the new Liverpool owenrs had to go through DD and have checks on them done, but it was seemingly fast tracked due to the High Courts involved potentially ?

Must also add, i am extremley excited if Rovers get taken over, hopefully the start of a new era and would be good to see some further investment in the Academy and 1st team - not to go overboard, but to allow Rovers to start catching up to the teams who have surpassed ourseves over the last decade.

Why should fans not have a say in their club?

Especially when it comes to BIG decisions.

Because we are not privy to even 10% of the necessary info .And we have no right to turn down a takeover bid expecting the Trust to carry on when it wants to get rid.

Nicko - you may have discusse dthis way earlier in the thread, but why does it take Liverpool a relatively short amunt of time to find a new purchaser, and then the transaction happen, compared to our drawn out process ? I presum the new Liverpool owenrs had to go through DD and have checks on them done, but it was seemingly fast tracked due to the High Courts involved potentially ?

Must also add, i am extremley excited if Rovers get taken over, hopefully the start of a new era and would be good to see some further investment in the Academy and 1st team - not to go overboard, but to allow Rovers to start catching up to the teams who have surpassed ourseves over the last decade.

Liverpool was for sale for a long time - at a stupid high price. The bank and Broughton stepped in to force a sale and created a deadline. So that was a reasonable process.

John Henry thought he saw a deal and concluded it. The fact that they could pull it off quite quickly [maybe within two months] is a decent time-scale.

I think the VH Group is probably on course for a simialr time-scale.

For all the denials I believe Rovers put a deadline on this quite recently and that is also on schedule.

So, in the end, the timing may be quite acceptable all round.

But it's not timing that matters - it's who the buyers are and what they are about.

Those things have still to be in answered fully, but got to say there is momentum about this in the past week or so.

Hopefully there will be a conclusion.

Animal & Cruelty campaigners?? Suppose that’s one way to fill seats.

Stop supporting rovers over who owns us?? Come on we are not FC united.

Perhaps we will change our shirt sponsor to le coq sportif

le_cof_sportif.gif

I like chicken so if they offer a few free chickens with your Season ticket then im all for it!

Just hope they have a much bigger bank account than £244m.

I would hope that the trust have DEMANDED that the new owners put in an initial £20-30m or so for the 1st transfer window…..that will allow us to add some real quality to our squad & allow us to catch up with the quality that some of our competitors have.

New striker & new midfielder being the 1st pieces of the jigsaw please.

Some of the comments are really interesting on here.

Its seems there are quite a few pro-syed people, who seems to have gone from nothing to 8 billion. The trust don’t seem to be too keen either. But he has a good PR team and seems to have made plenty of hollow promises about plans etc which have got people a little too excited.

The VH group have been quiet in the background, have a business which has been grown and has had profits for many a year and is expanding all the time. They havent said a peep about plans and how many millions they are going to throw about and this seems to have people in a fuss because they havent made any hollow statements.

On the subject of ethics, no doubt there business has some grey areas. Battery chickens will be used no doubt aswell as other modern day farming techniques which are frowned upon. But that is the world we live in saddly, no doubt all of us have ate something which comes from one of these frowned upon backgrounds. As long as they run Rovers ethically, im not fussed.

Also, about the why? comments. From a business point of view, a lot of western cultures love football, what better way to introduce yourself to a market then buying a club in the best league in the world. It’s a base to bring people in to wine and dine them (yes I understand this is a very expencive conference room). But, if the VH want to branch out into the european market it would be a very good starting point and add a touch of glamour to their business profile. It would get other companies interested in talking to them and raise their profile. Lastly, we all have spoke about India as a growing nation, we see what fine cricket players the country has produced, there is scope there to bring through the next generation of footballers. Invest into some academies, send over some of the best youth coaches and we could be laughing in 10 years time (im not saying forget about investing in young english players either).

I, and I doubt anyone else outside the boardroom know what both parties have brought to the table, I trust the board and JW to make the correct decision though.

Liverpool came within an hour of going bust.

That tends to speed things up a bit.

VH Syed is the way to go.

Get the Chicken people to form a consortium with Ali, put in a few billion each and we could dominate world football for decades. As Paul and I discussed at HT in the Sunderland game, if they between them could persuade all of the 800m Indians to throw in just a couple of Rupees each for their new VenkyAli Rovers FC, no-one would get near us.

That's the future and it's VARFC.

• Backroom

Because we are not privy to even 10% of the necessary info .And we have no right to turn down a takeover bid expecting the Trust to carry on when it wants to get rid.

Who said anything about turning a bid down? I said I would vote for Mr Ali NOT the chicken people.

VH Syed is the way to go.

Get the Chicken people to form a consortium with Ali, put in a few billion each and we could dominate world football for decades. As Paul and I discussed at HT in the Sunderland game, if they between them could persuade all of the 800m Indians to throw in just a couple of Rupees each for their new VenkyAli Rovers FC, no-one would get near us.

That's the future and it's VARFC.

at least then we wont be the laughing cocks of the league, then we will be abreast of things :P

The fact that it is a chicken company - and so obscure - makes it a better story. No apologies for that.

The steel company thing worked ok as I recall. Jack Walker was always a 'steel magnate' which is a pun in itself if you stretch the imagination.

You can tell the Liverpool fan that they have been taken over by someone who 'looks like the lesbian out of Glee' if I may quote BigSam on Twitter...

nicko, that 'lesbian' is a right funny 'lady'- I enjoy her cameo work on 'Two and 1/2 men' and '40 year virgen'. :)

Archived