SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venky's expansion plans

From This link

"Venky's are established as Asia's largest poultry group and have an annual turnover of £1 billion, last year recording a profit of £118 million".

If you read the LT reports this morning they are lifted from their two stories.

I really do hope these figures are true, but!..........

Granada reports that their turnover is £1 billion pounds and profit about £120 million.

They obviously haven't spoken to Spansterkid. I imagine Rothschilds will be speaking to him soon though, they will be impressed with the speed and accuracy of his due diligence on VH.

You honestly think a company whose overall worth is £184 million is going to buy a football team for £45 million ?

You think the Trust would sell to people doing that ?

You don't know the facts and true figures here. Perhaps you should not jump the gun again like your idiotic rant on nicko last night.

Unbelievable, I've provided sources for all the information I've provided about the 'promoters' wealth, or lack of it. If you don't believe me and can't be bothered to, or simply can't, do the maths yourself then that's your problem not mine.

One last time...

VH group says on its own website that it's worth 1300 Crore (Click here if you don't believe me)

1 Crore is equal to 10 million (Click here if you don't believe me)

1300 Crore is therefore equal to 13,000,000,000 (Get your calculator out if you don't believe me)

The exchange rate is now £1 = 70.56 INR (Click here if you don't believe me)

The total value of VH Group is therefore £184,240,363 (See what I did? The exchange rate changed so the value changed, time for that calculator again)

Spansterkid who are the promoters ? what are their names ? how much money are they worth ?

You don't know do you. So please give it a rest until we know the facts.

Granada, the LT and the thepoultrysite.com seem to all think the company is worth a billion.

I think I am gonna take their word over some lad getting confused over figures on brfcs.

If I had told you in 1995 as we lifted that lovely trophy that in 15 years we would be skint and selling up to a chicken farm in India you would have thought I was mad.

On top of that, some of you are happy because we might be able to afford a few better than what we have players who will fill their pockets and vanish.

Bloody madness.

Spansterkid who are the promoters ? what are their names ? how much money are they worth ?

Granada, the LT and the thepoultrysite.com seem to all think the company is worth a billion.

I think I am gonna take their word over some lad getting confused over figures on brfcs.

I think I am going to take bloomberg over the LT personally.

http://investing.businessweek.com/businessweek/research/stocks/snapshot/snapshot.asp?ticker=12704330

Also you will find that lazy journalists tend to lift the figures from each other. The LT was the first company to mention the 1bn/118m number and everyone else seems to have lifted that exact line, not citing any sources.

Spanster may be getting a little worked up, but he has a valid point. You are all just taking a local newspaper's numbers as gospel.

I am not going to get involved in the promoters aspect of things, but like I said several pages ago I believe the LT has added an extra 0 onto both the profit and revenue, possibly because they are confused by the conversion rate.

Can I stress on a separate note I am not using that to bring into question the ability of the group or the individuals to purchase the club, there is not enough information available publicly and I trust the Trust to do the right thing just as others. This is merely my crusade against what I think is lazy/poor journalism.

As I said before, the 'promoter' in Indian law is the primary shareholder and initial investor in a company (Click here)

The majority shareholders in VH group are the ones trying to takeover Rovers and they are known as the 'promoters' of Venky's India (Click here)

It's simple to understand these things when your wife's a commercial lawyer and deals with the terms daily!

Enough facts for you?

And how does the promoters, apparently worth less than £100M, can afford to buy Rovers for £46M? How did the Glazers buy Man Utd or how did Hicks and Gillet buy Liverpool..

Hopefully the promoters run a diamond mine or an oil field as a hobby..

As I said before, the 'promoter' in Indian law is the primary shareholder and initial investor in a company (Click here)

The majority shareholders in VH group are the ones trying to takeover Rovers and they are known as the 'promoters' of Venky's India (Click here)

It's simple to understand these things when your wife's a commercial lawyer and deals with the terms daily!

Enough facts for you?

Maybe its time you emailed john williams or the LT if your so confident on what you are saying

Balwer this website has been posted a few times http://www.thepoultrysite.com/poultrynews/21194/venkys-plans-to-expand-in-25-countries

If the LT added a zero then this company is only making 11 million profit. How exactly then are they buying a premiership football team for £45 million ?

Spansterkid again what are the majority shareholders in the VH groups names ? how much money are they worth induvidually and as a group ?

When you get back to me on those facts I'll start believing you have any idea what these guys are worth.

Well surely if all goes to plan, Venky's/VH Group will really grow as they flourish in Bangladesh and make a start on the European market, and turnover/profits will increase in tandem with Rovers' standing in the emerging Indian football market. Therefore both sides of the conglomerate will benefit from each other. I assume that is the general plan. It would be a risk selling the club to an emerging company that may or may not become a giant in the future, but it could also be a real coup for the club.

And have we established whether the £40m to buy us is coming from the VH group, a loan, or the personal wealth of thefamily that own the VH group.

Balwer this website has been posted a few times http://www.thepoultrysite.com/poultrynews/21194/venkys-plans-to-expand-in-25-countries

If the LT added a zero then this company is only making 11 million profit. How exactly then are they buying a premiership football team for £45 million ?

As I mentioned, we don't know the details of the transaction, the source of funds, the proposed structure, the individuals concerned, etc. I won't speculate on that because there are no details. As I said before I trust the Trust to do the right thing. You must admit it is strange that we are apparently being bought by Venkys, then someone who works for Venkys comes out on radio and says that Venkys aren't buying the company, the promoters are. At the very least it appears very complex.

I stand by my reading of the financials, just as I stand by trusting bloomberg and the company's financial reports over thepoultrysite.com. I genuinely believe that, at least the Venky's India (Ltd) portion of the business has an annual turnover of 100m sterling and a profit of around 11m. I believe that's the numbers the LT are referring to and I believe they have miscalculated.

Also thepoultrysite.com uses a dollar sign not a pound sign so I don't see how that matches up with the LT's numbers...

Enough facts for you?

If that's all true then there's one thing I still don't understand.

Who makes your dinner?

From John's link above:

Venky's has grown into Asia's largest poultry group since its humble beginnings in 1971, when Dr B.V Rao and his wife Uttaradevi opened a farm with 500 birds on a seven-acre plot near Hyderabad. The company has since expanded into health care, pet foods and is the preferred supplier to McDonald's and KFC in India. It is now run by Dr Rao's daughter, Anuradha Desai, one of the wealthiest women in India.

As I mentioned, we don't know the details of the transaction, the source of funds, the proposed structure, the individuals concerned, etc. I won't speculate on that because there are no details.

This is my point to spansterkid. We have no idea at the moment those details. So to look at the stock market without knowing those facts and declaring we are doomed, the sky is falling is ridiculous.

I've been keeping my eye on this thread ever since the end of summer when Shah announced his intentions to buy the club and followed it ever since... I was just wondering whether Venky's had actually confirmed that they have teamed with Kentaro? Also, in India it has been quoted that they will give us 5 million to spend in the january transfer window, do you think this will be suffiecient enough for us to improve the squad as much as is needed? Personally, I believe this is nowhere near the amount of money required to move the team on... :unsure:

Archived