Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

Rovers Takeover

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
2530 replies to this topic

#1781 nicko

nicko

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11042 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:49 AM

you Mr Nixon, is having a field day with this :lol: . Im surprised you havent, told some of the posters "told you so" :P

Yes, I am...and no, I don't have to.

How good to have a really interesting story going on that could shoot so many ways.

Better than 'business as usual' at least.
Sensationalist scribbler...and 1 in 20 exclusive idiot...

The future of handbags...http://showtime.arts.ac.uk/LornaNixon

#1782 BPF

BPF

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2670 posts
  • Xbox Gamer Tag:SJBradleyNY
  • Twitter: @OaklandRovers

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:51 AM

Simmer down tonto!

Well at last some positive movement towards a resolution before the January Window :xmas:

Simmered!
8th Place: Full Tilt BRFCS Poker Tournament (06/09/10)
3rd Place: Full Tilt BRFCS Poker Tournament (11/10/10)

Lifelong season ticket holder - Now living in New York (Just a little too far to travel)

#1783 RibbleValleyRover

RibbleValleyRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8592 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:03 PM

Sounds like a done deal then, hopefully we will learn more about their plans soon. BBC Sports article for those who haven't read it yet plus an audio interview with Simon Garner:

Blackburn Rovers close to takeover deal

#1784 benhben

benhben

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:05 PM

Sorry if this has already been answered,

But does anyone know why Mr Syeds bid seemed to simmer out? he was so confident of buying the club at one stage he went public with tv interviews etc.

#1785 den

den

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19885 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:07 PM

Sorry if this has already been answered,

But does anyone know why Mr Syeds bid seemed to simmer out? he was so confident of buying the club at one stage he went public with tv interviews etc.

SSN are hoping to get something from Syed later today.
Thanks to Tyrone Shoelaces, this was the first team I ever saw:
Rovers v Middesborough F. A. Cup 5th round. Sat 5th of Feb, 1962. Att, 33,714.

Else! Taylor Newton, Clayton Woods McGrath, Douglas Lawther Pickering Byrom Ratcliffe.

We won 2-1 ( Pickering, Lawther ) setting up an away tie at Fulham in the next round. We drew that 2-2. Before the replay the draw had paired us with our old friends Burnley in the semi finals.
Typically Rovers, we played kean in the replay and lost 1-0 in front of another 33,000 crowd ! of our five forwards four were actually born in the town of Blackburn ! Now that will never happen again.

#1786 nicko

nicko

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11042 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:07 PM

SSN are hoping to get something from Syed later today.

The sound of a balloon letting out air very rapidly...

#1787 RibbleValleyRover

RibbleValleyRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8592 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:09 PM

Kevin Gallacher on SSN outside Ewood Park right now.

#1788 den

den

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19885 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:09 PM

The sound of a balloon letting out air very rapidly...

:)

You're having a good day today, Mr Nixon. Not had a chicken joke for what - an hour or so?
Thanks to Tyrone Shoelaces, this was the first team I ever saw:
Rovers v Middesborough F. A. Cup 5th round. Sat 5th of Feb, 1962. Att, 33,714.

Else! Taylor Newton, Clayton Woods McGrath, Douglas Lawther Pickering Byrom Ratcliffe.

We won 2-1 ( Pickering, Lawther ) setting up an away tie at Fulham in the next round. We drew that 2-2. Before the replay the draw had paired us with our old friends Burnley in the semi finals.
Typically Rovers, we played kean in the replay and lost 1-0 in front of another 33,000 crowd ! of our five forwards four were actually born in the town of Blackburn ! Now that will never happen again.

#1789 24right

24right

League One

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

• ST Block: NO3

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:12 PM

Andy Cryer coming up on talk sport this afternoon (Jason Cundy standing in for Hawksbee & Jacobs). No doubt he will be claiming the scoop....

#1790 Roversider

Roversider

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

• ST Block: W03

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:20 PM

Andy Cryer coming up on talk sport this afternoon (Jason Cundy standing in for Hawksbee & Jacobs). No doubt he will be claiming the scoop....

Better to be on BRFCS ;)

What does he know?
Fraser Eagle, CIS, Walkersteel - Always be the Riverside - TOSS THAT TEDDY!

#1791 nicko

nicko

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11042 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:22 PM

:)

You're having a good day today, Mr Nixon. Not had a chicken joke for what - an hour or so?

Hatching the next one.

#1792 Phil T

Phil T

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4734 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:28 PM

The question then is 'do you stick with a proven survival fighter?' or do you bring in someone to carry out your 'visionary' schemes?

Sticking with Sam seems the most sensible option until the end of the season but, if he knows he's going to get the boot, is it the best option? Sure, Sam still needs to look after his reputation, but Rovers being relegated can always be pointed to a lack of investment rather than Sam.

It's a big, big decision for them to make. Worst case scenario? At least we will now have the finances to survive a drop if it does happen and launch an immediate comeback. Something that we probably couldn't do with our current set up.

I think Sam has to be given until the rest of the season. Maybe a nice transfer kitty (which I doubt he'd get anywhere else, now) will be a nice incentive for him.

#1793 waggy

waggy

His Majesty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7189 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:31 PM

:rover: i was against the ist indian takeover,the guys were obviously using our club for pr,but the latest buyers leave me thinking is there any justice in the world.we will be expecting these guys to pour millions into the club,yet they have made there money paying 3rd world wages,and come from a country were a large percentage of the country are starving,i expect when this deal is done the club will suffer from bad press because of the owners :wacko: :brfc:
http://www.sihanoukville-cambodia.com/
YOU WORK TO LIVE,NOT LIVE TO WORK

#1794 BuckyRover

BuckyRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7417 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:32 PM

If that happens, we will have Kevin Davies up front with Delap as the provider.

You know it!
BuckyRover: Has NOT supported Ince since 12 minutes into the Wigan game.

In case you needed reminding....

#1795 Hughesy

Hughesy

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21884 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:33 PM

"The young generation is getting interested in football,” Rao said. “It’s a win-win situation.”
The best way to predict your future is to create it!!

#1796 Phil T

Phil T

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4734 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:41 PM

:lol:

People can joke all they like but it will be Rovers who have the biggest laugh. Another 20+ years of supremacy over their close rivals.

im currently living in india, and i can tell you as a claret that nothing irritates me more than seeing ******* rovers all over the news

We're BFC,

They're KFC

(Kashmir Fried Chicken)

'You're just a town full of Indians'

I'll get my coat

Lets be honest they've been run by a bunch of cowboys for years so its time to give the Indians a crack at it.

#1797 JohnD

JohnD

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:49 PM

"The young generation is getting interested in football,” Rao said. “It’s a win-win situation.”

a quote from the above link -

"........Venky’s owners join IMG Worldwide Inc., a sports-management agency, and Mukesh Ambani, India’s richest man.........."

From the article I'm not sure if IMG and Mukesh Ambani are part of the takeover team or rivals in football promotion in India. I strongly suspect the latter though.

Edited by JohnD, 26 October 2010 - 12:57 PM.

#1798 Hughesy

Hughesy

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21884 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:50 PM

Quick question – has any premier league team played a pre-season friendly in India yet?? If so, when?

#1799 DavidMailsTightPerm

DavidMailsTightPerm

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3925 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:52 PM

This article mentions Mukesh Ambani and his interest in growing football in India. Is he in anyway related to the deal - or was this just a general comment ?

#1800 Hughesy

Hughesy

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21884 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:55 PM

This article mentions Mukesh Ambani and his interest in growing football in India. Is he in anyway related to the deal - or was this just a general comment ?

The way I saw it was that they were just mentioning those big business men who are starting to wake up to the fact that Football is on a boom over there, and considering the vast population, they are seeing opportunities.

Hopefully if we are 1st in, we may benefit from this in a big way!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.