BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything more than the existing 16m of debt is going to cause a club like us problems. If the entire 46m is funded by debt then that's an additional 3m a year, conservatively, just to repay interest. Leveraging Man United is one thing, but Rovers just don't have the sustainable cashflow to support it. It's one thing to hope for new revenue streams to recoup an investment years down the line, it's another to be counting on it when the bank manager comes knocking at the door...

Seems like Rovers are.......putting all their eggs in one basket

If they are having to take out a loan to purchase us then that does not sound good at all. Nothing we can do though, if the trust want to sell then that's that.

If this is true, they are not as rich as we first thought, they are taking out loans to fund the deal and do not plan to invest in the clubs playing staff beyond £5mil then they really haven't a clue, and they haven't even taken over yet.

The other worrying thing is that to speak like this to the Indian press, giving scant regard to the fans leaves a sour taste. At least Syed had some concerns for how the fans would feel about a takeover.

At the moment it just feels like were another commodity that they are picking from a shelf. Not impressed. It seems they are getting a lot of publicity from this, yet Rovers aren't going to be getting any more transfer funds than they would get under the Walker Trust. Who exactly are we going to get for £5mil. And what's this talk of leasing? Did she mean loaning?

Q: But is 46 million pounds the kind of money that you will be paying upfront or is this to be apportioned over the next few years or few quarters?

A: Upfront.

Q: Where are you getting the money from? Is it going to be from the listed Venky’s or are promoter's going to put up the money?

A: It’s our own sources.

Q: But it will be under the listed Venky’s name or under the promoters’ name?

A: Promoters.

Trouble?

That doesn't say anything that precludes it being a loan from a bank that's actually funding the deal, as far as I can tell.

Agreed but at least its a statement, the article that we have both seen mentions the bank at the bottom and as far as I can tell no other outlet has mentioned this. I simply cannot believe that the Trust will allow a company who makes a £11 million profit a year to purchase the club with money borrowed from a bank, does that sit right with anyone?

If £5m is "all" we can hope to get out of a takeover, then I'm worried too. It suggests they are not in touch with the kind of money required to maintain a Premier League club. Having said this, surely financial backing would be one of the main stipulation as part of the terms of the Trust?

I can also now understand Sam's comments about the new owner need to know exactly what they are getting in to...

Agreed but at least its a statement, the article that we have both seen mentions the bank at the bottom and as far as I can tell no other outlet has mentioned this. I simply cannot believe that the Trust will allow a company who makes a £11 million profit a year to purchase the club with money borrowed from a bank, does that sit right with anyone?

Depends if the trust really give a stuff, and just want out now. It's a possibility. I hope they have more respect for the club than that but as I don't know who the trust is and how it operates I can't help but be worried. What I do know is they don't want the club, so they can't care that much about it. According to JW Jack didn't add any stipulations to any sales.

This is worse than the Goldberg revelations about Syed in my opinion.

The wider scope on all this is that the economy is in trouble because the people who run it are selfish. The world as we know it will soon change, we've pasted or are passing peak oil extraction. Resources are running out and football will eventually have to change with it - hopefully it'll just be the game again, without stupid amounts of money flying around. It's all madness and the sooner it burns itself out the better, just hope Rovers have enough in place to continue through it for another hundred plus years... The other part of my brain is obviously quite excited that we might be able to get in a decent striker in jan :rover:

Having said this, surely financial backing would be one of the main stipulation as part of the terms of the Trust?

Only the trust know what has to be met for a sale (if there is anything). Let's say this turns out to be true that they don't have much money and that they are borrowing to pay for the club. Then what does that say about Shah's and Syed's bids?

Some of these figures and quotes surely just can't be right?

Concerned, very much so!

I hope the trust has not sold us down the river, while it is only one article that mentions the deal being financed by bank, as stated earlier none of the other articles really go into much detail beyond stating the money is being provided by the promoter.

I said from the off that this lot did not sit well with me, a little of what has emerged so far today is going a long way to confirming those concerns.

The club itself could generate the sort of transfer budget they mention through savings in wages next summer.

What the heck does leasing a player mean, we are going for loans?? Is this situation and the lack of transfer funds familiar to others on here?

Guess I will have to wait and see what happens, I would be very, very happy to be proven wrong about this lot.

To all the people jamming my inbox with worried PMs, I don't know why the Venky's/Kentaro partnership has been selected as the successful bidder.

It is best that I don't comment and give the Trust/club the opportunity to turn what is rapidly becoming a PR disaster (and let's just hope that is the only form of disaster this is) around.

I didn't post a heck of a lot of stuff I was privy to over the last several months and I am not going to post any more now.

If £5m is "all" we can hope to get out of a takeover, then I'm worried too. It suggests they are not in touch with the kind of money required to maintain a Premier League club. Having said this, surely financial backing would be one of the main stipulation as part of the terms of the Trust?

I can also now understand Sam's comments about the new owner need to know exactly what they are getting in to...

I would have hoped so to, but how far can someone dictate to another how they should spend their money?

As I said before, I think we find ourselves in a like for like sale as far as funding for the club goes, possibly worse off if the money to fund the purchase has been borrowed.

It is important to note: The trust has chosen this group over Syed and Shah so surely they have done more to convince them about plans. We all knew Syeds plans as he stated them publicly so if they went to the trust and said we will invest 5 million pounds each transfer window compared to Syeds 100m over 5 years and the trust still chose them im sure there is more to it.

Also Mrs Desai is one of the richest females in India therefore they have a plan im sure and for now i think stability is best we can ask for id settle for that over citys spending millions.

Syed must have entailed lots of problems for the trusts requirements if they see the VH group as the way to take us forward... At this moment, i must say that the Syed Bid sounded alot more professional and he could certiainly talk the talk, however cud he of walked the walk... I just wish we could know alot more about both bids...

After everything that has gone on in football over the last 12 months, how is a takeover funded by loans even being given the time of day by the Trust??

I will reserve judgement till things become a little clearer.

Phil ain't the only one swearing at his computer screen.

• Backroom

I'm confused, everyone is having a meltdown is it confirmed that they are funding it with a loan and have no money or pure speculation?

The club aren't stupid and I'm sure will have looked into the future of the club

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/english-premier-league/top-stories/top-stories/Venkys-set-to-buy-EPL-club-Blackburn/articleshow/6818082.cms

A bit more detail from Ms Densai in the India Times.

No mention of debt funding, talks about promoting the VH Group's vaccines in the country. For what it's worth, the entire group (VH) is valued here at around 550m sterling, not sure what the methodology of that is however.

Also Mrs Desai is one of the richest females in India therefore they have a plan im sure and for now i think stability is best we can ask for id settle for that over citys spending millions.

So many people keep saying this, problem is that she is not recognised as such by Forbes or any other listings.

Priyamvada Birla is Number nine on this list £44m, which does not include Savitri Jindal, for some reason at $14,4b

Top ten ish.

Being in the English Premier League is our main asset.

Allowing players to be able to show that they can succeed here and so attract the big boys can both allow us to have highly motivated players able to sustain a mid table club at the high table and to generate the funds we need by selling off at a profit the best of them.

If the club does not own the players then I am deeply concerned that this can work. Who is really going to take the profits here.

If we do not know the precise modus operendi of our next owners then we can but fear for the future and hope the present trust can justify their stewardship of Jack's legacy. Some of the recent comments by different people involved in the latest bid worry me and hopefully they are not going to be directly involved in running Rovers.

Religious or not we can but pray......

Typical of this messageboard......Something is happening an therefore it must be bad!

Go ahead and create AFC Blackburn if your that annoyed.

If Syed was as good as he sounded he would be buying the club. He's had three months to come up with the cash, he obviously hasn't got it.

The way I see it:

If we don't take any investment we're on a hiding to nothing, we can't keep pulling rabbits out of the hat and scraping the French lower league barrel.

If we do take the investment it may be bad, but then again it may be the best move we ever make.

Stick or twist guys and gals, buckle yourself in and enjoy the ride.

Money or no money I am and always will be a Proud Rover :rover:

Archived