BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

Let's just wait and see what the truth is. Just STOP going over the top again. I'm sure that the LET will have an interview with VH Group this week outlining their plans for the club and the future. Also hope that they have meetings with the fans aswell to explain who they are, what their plans are and understand what the club means to the fans.

Rovers board and trustees are not going to sell the club to somebody who will put the club into more debt and bank loans.

On the latest tv news interview, she said a extra 5 million pounds to spend then straight afterwards the football expert Paul O'Donnell said they were going to be a 60 million pounds transfer fund. So conflicting reports there in the same tv news report!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You (we) don't know any facts yet.

The point is John does anybody know the real, true facts about our new, prospective owners?

(the Trust / Rothchilds included)

You only have to look at the recent occurrences in the Premier League like Liverpool, Portsmouth, Manchester City, etc to see that business people are very very good at disguising the real facts about their methods and intentions.

We don't even know who the prospective buyers are!

We don't know about their finances. We don't know about their business plan. We know sfa at this stage so calm down and let things take their course before we judge.

"We know SFA?"

VH have been doing interviews all day.

Seems strange that you were against Syed due to an untidy bedsit, yet now a few things have come to light about Venky you have your head buried firmly in the sand :rolleyes:

Is there anybody happy about us being bought with debt?

If that is true, no certainly not, but we don't know if it is true.

Throughout this thread you have demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of the facts and some would say that your avatar should now be showing egg on your face.

Why not wait 10 days or so until all is revealed, or is that too sensible?

On a side note, would the premier league be happy to accept new owners with suspect financials, after what happened down at pompey. Can't be good for the league.

I'm predicting a press release tommorrow squashing these nasty rumours.

You joking arent you?

Scudamore would accept Robert Mugabe if he didn't rock the boat.

All joking aside, he was on 5 Live at the weekend (Scudamore not Mugabe) saying he had no issue with leveraged buyouts.

Let's just wait and see what the truth is. Just STOP going over the top again. I'm sure that the LET will have an interview with VH Group this week outlining their plans for the club and the future. Also hope that they have meetings with the fans aswell to explain who they are, what their plans are and understand what the club means to the fans.

Rovers board and trustees are not going to sell the club to somebody who will put the club into more debt and bank loans.

On the latest tv news interview, she said a extra 5 million pounds to spend then straight afterwards the football expert Paul O'Donnell said they were going to be a 60 million pounds transfer fund. So conflicting reports there in the same tv news report!

Phew!!!!!!!!

The fact is:

There are now two very real reasons to be worried about this deal.

Well i can think of 46,000,000 reasons.

My gut reaction is despair right now. How can we willingly allow ourselves to be put in approx 1/3 of the amount of debt which nearly destroyed Portsmouth? But i can't help thinking, if i realise this then the trust must too. There must be something which has driven them to the point where we are 5-10 days away from a takeover. For all the talk of Jack's will and criteria which must be met etc... i refuse to believe they have just sold to any old chancer. There must be more to this than meets the eye.

Who knows, if it is as bad as it all seems Mr Syed and his investment company might just come back to exchange some debt for equity.

Is there anybody happy about us being bought with debt?

Where is the catagorical proof or press release from Rovers or from VH Group confirming that the deal is being financed by debt? Have you been sent the release as a sneak peak?

There is one source saying it is their own personal funds and one saying the deal is financed through a bank.

Two contrasting statements. Lets not run around crying that the sky is falling down just yet

Where have you seen this

If that is true, no certainly not, but we don't know if it is true.

Throughout this thread you have demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of the facts and some would say that your avatar should now be showing egg on your face.

Why not wait 10 days or so until all is revealed, or is that too sensible?

That's not strictly true John, BPF has hit the nail on the head a whole lot more than you give him credit for.

But, you are right we probably should wait the ten days.

"We know SFA?"

VH have been doing interviews all day.

Seems strange that you were against Syed due to an untidy bedsit, yet now a few things have come to light about Venky you have your head buried firmly in the sand :rolleyes:

Ok exactly who is buying the club? - name each and every one of them.

I have been consistent in my view that I don't care who buys the club, Sayed or whoever and that we have to trust the Trust to get it right. I still think they will.

Show me a thread where I have backed any of the prospective buyers.

Yet another one who makes the story up as he goes along, this forum is full of them.

The point is John does anybody know the real, true facts about our new, prospective owners?

(the Trust / Rothchilds included)

You only have to look at the recent occurrences in the Premier League like Liverpool, Portsmouth, Manchester City, etc to see that business people are very very good at disguising the real facts about their methods and intentions.

Indeed they are but there's not much we can do about that. The very fact that we need to be taken over is a worry.

There is one source saying it is their own personal funds and one saying the deal is financed through a bank.

With respect, there's one source saying it is financed by a bank and another source saying it's being financed from 'sources' which may, or may not, mean a loan but certainly doesn't mean it is definitely being financed through personal funds.

If we do not know the precise modus operendi of our next owners then we can but fear for the future and hope the present trust can justify their stewardship of Jack's legacy. Some of the recent comments by different people involved in the latest bid worry me and hopefully they are not going to be directly involved in running Rovers.

I think it is reasonable to presume the Trust know what they are doing.

I think it is also reasonable to flag up discrepancies thrown up in various articles.

I believe some good points are being made.

We could do with an update from nicko or Kamy, we're all running around like headless.....

I don't thinl you are-I'm enjoying your contributions.

At the end of the day the only people who know why VH has been selected over Syed and Shah are those members of the Trust who have negotiated this deal. It seems strange that some of the supporters who, for the past few months, have told us to trust the Trust are now questioning what the Trust are doing. Ultimately, it's the Trust who are empowered to sell the club, it is the Trust who have looked into Syed, Shah and VH and it is the Trust who have come down in favour of VH. I don't have the facts and figures that the Trust have examined before making this decision and neither has anyone else on this board.

Clearly, suggestions of £5 million to spend in January and aiming for a 10th or 12th place finish are not the ambitions that many fans would have hoped for but to me it suggests that VH are coming with realistic ambitions rather than pie in the sky promises. In an earlier post, John commented that John Williams and Big Sam are likely to remain after the takeover which would suggest that the prospective new owners are looking for continuity and gradual change rather than wholesale revolution.

Until VH spell out their plans in detail it is impossible to make a judgement on them. Clearly the Trust have been sufficiently impressed by them to sell them the club. The Trust obviously had reservations about Syed and Shah which is why they have not gone with them.

I suspect it might be a couple of years down the line before we really know if we could trust the Trust to do the right thing. At the moment all we can do is hope they have made the right choice.

That's not strictly true John, BPF has hit the nail on the head a whole lot more than you give him credit for.

Perhaps he has but with all that's been said the law of averages would make some of it right. In the last 24 hours or so he hasn't even seen a nail never mind hit it.

Sometimes people get snippets of information but they only publish it for their own gratification.

People just need to calm down and wait for the actual facts to come out but that just isn't the nature of the majority on here is it?

I hope they dont change the name of the ground but unfortunately thats the way things go these days.

I sincerely hope that they never even contemplate changing the name of Ewood Park to anything else at all.......Sacriledge. Even Jack would never have done that because he understood what that name means. Whatever next.........how about removing Jack's statue while your at it?

Where have you seen this

I think this is the video he's talking about Pete.

http://www.timesnow.tv/Venkys-Blackburn-deal-almost-complete/videoshow/4356935.cms

Ok exactly who is buying the club? - name each and every one of them.

Look it up yourself, it's quite simple to do a google search or read back through this thread.

Start by watching that video that I've linked to above. There's a transcript of an interview with the MD of Venky's who states clearly they will invest £5mil in the January transfer window.

Though I can't introduce you to any of them John, if that's what you wanted. I'm just going off the interview that they've conducted over the last 24 hours which you appear to have missed.

Perhaps he has but with all that's been said the law of averages would make some of it right. In the last 24 hours or so he hasn't even seen a nail never mind hit it.

Sometimes people get snippets of information but they only publish it for their own gratification.

People just need to calm down and wait for the actual facts to come out but that just isn't the nature of the majority on here is it?

I have no idea about BPF's motivation for his postings.

I do, however, enjoy what he writes.

I trust the Trust on this one. Whoever they pick is going to be the most suitable owner for our long term sustainability. £5m in January isn't masses but it's £5m more than we would have otherwise had. Still, I think it will work more along the lines of Sam identifying targets first rather than setting a fixed budget.

The Trust said that if the club weren't sold by January, they would provide £5mil for transfers.

However we'd still be £25mil in debt (or perhaps £30mil if that £5mil was borrowed from elsewhere).

Archived