Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Rovers Takeover: End game ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
1652 replies to this topic

#41 BuckyRover

BuckyRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7417 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 14:35 PM

I have no problem supporting British and EU animal welfare (although iirc some EU countries still have terrible records) but it's much more difficult across the other side if the world. Cultural influences come into play. I imagine in the future they will become more ethical as the wishes of their customers dictate, but that will take more money and development.

We could keep shouting the Super Troopers quote at the directors box ("CHICKEN F*****S!), maybe they will get the message and fold their business. (because if they don't do it someone else will, a change like this would need Indian government legislation. Not gonna happen)

Edited by BuckyRover, 28 October 2010 - 14:38 PM.

BuckyRover: Has NOT supported Ince since 12 minutes into the Wigan game.

In case you needed reminding....

#42 nicko

nicko

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11042 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 14:36 PM

More proof that the club is about to fall into the wrong hands...

Sensationalist scribbler...and 1 in 20 exclusive idiot...

The future of handbags...http://showtime.arts.ac.uk/LornaNixon

#43 John

John

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10990 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 15:18 PM

Nice comments our prospective new owners have come out with today, comments to keep the fans happy – slight contradiction with the ones yesterday though….

Will be interesting to see what they do with ticket prices etc.
It is amazing what can be achieved when no one cares who gets the credit.

#44 nicko

nicko

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11042 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 15:37 PM

OK then...where did Syed get his 'billions' from?

Would any of his chums care to answer?

#45 Bryan

Bryan

Ewok

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13147 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 15:42 PM

Moonshine, boy.
Sir! With respect, you can stick the money up your #### that's all I can offer you sir.

#46 Spansterkid

Spansterkid

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 15:44 PM

Don't know, but I don't imagine it would be pretty!
uncouth garb & strange oaths

#47 Hughesy

Hughesy

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21891 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 15:45 PM

Give me the accounts to look at!

My understanding is that we have £16m of debt, but it's almost entirely a revolving line of credit (an overdraft) rather than term debt, so there's no principal repayment. That's just speculation based on what we've been told in parts. We also apparently have a revenue of around £50m annually.

PM your email addy and il send it through when I get home later.
The best way to predict your future is to create it!!

#48 Craigman

Craigman

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 15:47 PM

I just wish the takeover was complete, this thread can be shut and we can get on with the season. Some people just seem to be trying to run down anything that could possibly happen to Blackburn Rovers. Just see what happens.

#49 nicko

nicko

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11042 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 15:49 PM

[not a good route to go down, Mr Syed probably has good lawyers]

The bottom line is that the club went through the process with Syed months ago and did not do a deal....

Then they talk with VH and friends - dating back to August as I recall - and now want to do a deal with them...

Is it not obvious that they have done their homework and far better than anyone else could?

Edited by modes98, 28 October 2010 - 17:53 PM.

#50 Balwer

Balwer

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1741 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 15:50 PM

Starting to think it's because he put a hotel on Mayfair and Park Lane
Arte et labore

#51 Balwer

Balwer

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1741 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 15:56 PM

Nicko surely the difference between Syed and VH from the Trust's perspective is the ability to actually pay the purchase price? Unless they're staying on in some stewardship capacity then I don't see how what the buyer does for a living, or how they will run the club, is any of their concern frankly, at least on a professional level. We all like to romanticise the dying wishes of Jack Walker, but I don't see how a multi million pound business could be so hindered in a sale agreement by the mythical clauses that everyone seems to think he put in. John Williams came out and debunked that myth, so I don't see what the point is speculating about it further.

Edited by Balwer, 28 October 2010 - 15:57 PM.

Arte et labore

#52 nicko

nicko

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11042 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 16:00 PM

Nicko surely the difference between Syed and VH from the Trust's perspective is the ability to actually pay the purchase price? Unless they're staying on in some stewardship capacity then I don't see how what the buyer does for a living, or how they will run the club, is any of their concern frankly, at least on a professional level. We all like to romanticise the dying wishes of Jack Walker, but I don't see how a multi million pound business could be so hindered in a sale agreement by the mythical clauses that everyone seems to think he put in. John Williams came out and debunked that myth, so I don't see what the point is speculating about it further.

Let's be fair here. The Trustees and or Rothschilds will look into the background of any prospective bidder...that is a given.

And remember that many of the Rovers board who will be seen as 'responsible' for a sale will continute to live in the area.

I know these people will not want to have sold the club to a numbnut.

The Jack's Wishes stuff has always been the kind of stuff grannies tell to the kids at night before bedtime, but the fact of the matter is that we have responsible people here who are careful about who they deal with.

#53 Balwer

Balwer

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1741 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 16:02 PM

Let's be fair here. The Trustees and or Rothschilds will look into the background of any prospective bidder...that is a given.

And remember that many of the Rovers board who will be seen as 'responsible' for a sale will continute to live in the area.

I know these people will not want to have sold the club to a numbnut.

The Jack's Wishes stuff has always been the kind of stuff grannies tell to the kids at night before bedtime, but the fact of the matter is that we have responsible people here who are careful about who they deal with.

Rothschild will certainly check their finances out, but their ethics? Unlikely.

I agree that it would be a concern for most people to leave a bad legacy behind and tarnish your good name.

However when you weigh that against what is likely the first genuine offer of £30m in three years, split between whomever, then that must be awfully difficult to say no to on a moral basis.

How many here could say no to VH Group if they were to receive a hefty percentage of £30m?

Edited by Balwer, 28 October 2010 - 16:04 PM.

Arte et labore

#54 67splitscreen

67splitscreen

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5792 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 16:13 PM

I've been pondering all afternoon whether to post this, I'm really not sure what to make of it.
You will see that Eastern Hatcheries are tied up in this.

My link
" I'd like to play for an Italian club like Barcelona. " Mark Draper

#55 Roost

Roost

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 16:28 PM

I've been pondering all afternoon whether to post this, I'm really not sure what to make of it.
You will see that Eastern Hatcheries are tied up in this.

My link

Split, are Orissa Poultry Ltd and Kalinga Poultry connected to VH in any way?
This nagging malaise is more than a phase.....................

#56 Anti-Dingle-Brigade

Anti-Dingle-Brigade

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4395 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 16:28 PM

Eastern Hatcheries pvt Ltd = VH.

#57 nicko

nicko

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11042 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 16:29 PM

However when you weigh that against what is likely the first genuine offer of £30m in three years, split between whomever, then that must be awfully difficult to say no to on a moral basis.

You are missing the point with that one. Syed's bid was deemed big enough financially wasn't it...and then...fill in the gaps.

#58 Roost

Roost

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 16:32 PM

I am sure I am not the only one wondering what the unfilled gaps in Syeds bid actually are/were.

Who else got an email back from Julia @ WGA today? Very pleasant but was a copy and paste job.
This nagging malaise is more than a phase.....................

#59 Glenn

Glenn

BDFL (retired)

• Backroom Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10800 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 16:41 PM

Anyway, too much football chat. Let's get back to Chicken Rights. ;)

Let's not, or at least, not in this thread.

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize. ~Voltaire
Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire
Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. ~ Benjamin Franklin

#60 67splitscreen

67splitscreen

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5792 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 16:47 PM

Split, are Orissa Poultry Ltd and Kalinga Poultry connected to VH in any way?

As ADB says, Eastern Hatchery's PVT LTD. are part of the VH Group.
As it does not seem to have gone to court yet, it's hard to say who's implicated knowingly.
" I'd like to play for an Italian club like Barcelona. " Mark Draper

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.