BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover: End game ?

Glenn

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah so the syed's dodgy past which had its own topic as it took up far to much of the takeover thread. Whilst I accept it has an impact on our club and the fitness of potential owners the majority of discussion was based around assumption and debate concerning how chickens are treated and at the end of the day that has no bearing on whether or not they takeover the club. When there are 8 pages of which the majority are not even related to the takeover you may as well not bother reading, which is what a lot of users have said to me they are doing.

I will move the topic onto the main messageboard and rename it so people can discuss the ethics of Venky's businesses and leave this free for takeover talk.

Mode,I agree with you but at the risk of posting on the wrong thread I'd just like to make this observation.I feel that some of the animal welfare talk is disingenuous.Someone earlier posted that we're probably hotter on animal welfare than they are in India however,20-30 years ago I have no recollection of free-range products stockpiled in our supermarkets.These things evolve over time but just imagine how incensed we'd have been back then if we'd been accused of being barbarians?

Apologies mods..any further chicken posting will go on t'other thread.

Seems to already be four pages long on the main board now....if you can be bothered.....

You know what Balwer,thanks for the offer but I've got some paint I've got to watch dry..

Seriously,it'll die down eventually.I don't see the Chelsea fans getting in much of a lather these days over their owners' questionable past..sucess tends to quell that sort of thing.

My sense Matty is that it seems like a concerted effort to discredit the Venky bid...see race not an issue in the slightest.

Not from here, it's been discovered that KFC have had a lot of flak regarding their sources of meat. Venky is the hatchery that's been providing them with said meat. This isn't something that's been made up, do a search on google and YouTube. There's plenty of material to back this up, it's not just something that's been made up. Although this is unpleasant, it could be worse if used by a Goldberg style journo to discredit the club far more fuss than what us mere forum members could create. Course most fans probably won't give a monkeys unless Rovers got flak for it, which is fair enough.

Anyway enough of that I will reply to your other post on the other topic.

Ah so the syed's dodgy past which had its own topic as it took up far to much of the takeover thread. Whilst I accept it has an impact on our club and the fitness of potential owners the majority of discussion was based around assumption and debate concerning how chickens are treated and at the end of the day that has no bearing on whether or not they takeover the club. When there are 8 pages of which the majority are not even related to the takeover you may as well not bother reading, which is what a lot of users have said to me they are doing.

I will move the topic onto the main messageboard and rename it so people can discuss the ethics of Venky's businesses and leave this free for takeover talk.

Fair enough, it makes sense, thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware of the Syed thread split, so apologies for that. I guess I was just a smidge miffed due to the amount of off topic point scoring and personal abuse that goes on on here which I have to trawl through. At least the chicken ethics was in some way relevant.

Getting back on topic, is there a list of Kentaro players anywhere online?

Presume Venky's marketing team are decent, because it appears they are going to be fairly reliant on them to help generate revenue.

Found it a bid odd that there were slight contradictions with their comments yesterday and today - wonder what changed? Clearly you have to get the fans onside from the start....

I know a lot are saying that the Board/Trust would have done their research etc, however we must remember they are not infallible. After all, Paul Ince ended up managing our club not so long ago.

This proposed takeover worries me as the future of our well established club is at stake.

What concerns me is the motives of the Venky Group ?

They appear to know very little about our club or football in general. What can they hope to gain by the take over other than a publicity stunt. When they have got what they have wanted will we be tossed to one side to the nect highest bidder ?

vey worrying times I fear.

You worry, I prefer to enjoy it.

I won't be happy if they rename our ground! What would be next? The badge? The strip?

Could someone set up a poll on who we'd rather have buy Rovers please?

I'd rather have Mr. Ali, though he does sound too good to be true! Why would the VH Group say they will eventually be aiming for the top 4, but only put 5 million in for the January window? Do they not realise that we are in for a massive struggle to stay up and 5 million is not going to buy us the proven talent we will need to stay in this league?

It's a worrying time and we can only take our prospective buyers word on what they say will happen.

I won't be happy if they rename our ground! What would be next? The badge? The strip?

I'd rather have Mr. Ali, though he does sound too good to be true! Why would the VH Group say they will eventually be aiming for the top 4, but only put 5 million in for the January window? Do they not realise that we are in for a massive struggle to stay up and 5 million is not going to buy us the proven talent we will need to stay in this league?

It's a worrying time and we can only take our prospective buyers word on what they say will happen.

No we can accept the decision of the Trust as being the outcome of INFORMED negotiation.

Whatever! ;)

Come on 67splitscreen, you should know by now that with some people you are not allowed a sence of humour. Where are you now, accy or the far east?

Just curious as I go to Penang every 2 years. Love the food over there. Ok my wife is from there. Parents in law are still there.

Dan, they said that 5 million to start with but will put more money in the January transfer window.

This is what Anuradha Desai said to the LET today

On transfer funds, she said: "Initially there will be £5million put in, straightaway, to buy players but of course if we have to do more then we will.

There will then be much more investment and we have devised a spending strategy already for the next three years that will see the manager given significant funds to buy players.

I guess it depend on who Big Sam wants in January. can't see us signing more than 2 players on january depend on outgoings aswell. A striker and goalscorer or playmaker midfield player

You'd rather have a business man who is not recognised in his home town, has no solid proof of funds and has a dodgy past over a huge business with a proven amount of cash and a sensible financial plan for the future... Anyone can talk about signing Beckham and getting Champions League football. Pompey fans im pretty sure were told the same thing. Venky's have money. They will invest reasonable amounts to keep us comfortably in the division. That is all i would ever ask for in a new owner.

Dan, they said that 5 million to start with but will put more money in the January transfer window.

This is what Anuradha Desai said to the LET today

On transfer funds, she said: "Initially there will be £5million put in, straightaway, to buy players but of course if we have to do more then we will.

“There will then be much more investment and we have devised a spending strategy already for the next three years that will see the manager given significant funds to buy players.

If that is the case then I can feel a little less worried. We can't afford to "keep our powder dry" this window, we need to be active in it from the off. I guess the quicker we get bought the better, then we can line up some players and maybe change the management if needed.

You'd rather have a business man who is not recognised in his home town, has no solid proof of funds and has a dodgy past over a huge business with a proven amount of cash and a sensible financial plan for the future... Anyone can talk about signing Beckham and getting Champions League football. Pompey fans im pretty sure were told the same thing. Venky's have money. They will invest reasonable amounts to keep us comfortably in the division. That is all i would ever ask for in a new owner.

You are right, though I did say he appears too good to be true! I'm just worried about this while take over. Then again whoever buys us is never going to comparable to Uncle Jack and things could go wrong with any potential new owner.

Think we sold off part of the kit a few years ago (that bit on the front in the middle)?

AS for renaming the ground, thats no big deal to me as long as it was the right company (something corporate would be fine). Besides which we would all call it Ewood anyway. How many people sit in the walkersteel / frazer eagle stand - I reckon 90% still call it the Riverside anyway?

It would not surprise me if a certain ex england manager, now at leicester becomes Rovers manager eventually. Though if Kentaro are very much involved and Rovers becomes a place where young talent is brought too. Arsene Wenger has always had a talent for spotting young players - but I believe, he hates Blackburn.

Now that prospect worries me more than most of the other stuff being discussed on here. We have no plan B at the moment when things go wrong on the pitch. What would be the point of changing managers from the current one who has no plan B to another.

Think we sold off part of the kit a few years ago (that bit on the front in the middle)?

AS for renaming the ground, thats no big deal to me as long as it was the right company (something corporate would be fine). Besides which we would all call it Ewood anyway. How many people sit in the walkersteel / frazer eagle stand - I reckon 90% still call it the Riverside anyway?

Because thats its name!

Funny you should mention that stand, because by the late 90s/early 00s you heard more people calling it the Walkersteel than you did The Riverside

Always been the Walkersteel to me - always will be, despite changing names about fives times since then.

I was old enough to start going to matches around the time it became the Walkersteel, so it's natural for me.

I guess, just as it would be for some young 'un who started going to matches in a years time, to believe the whole stadium was called Venky's Ewood Park or something...

Come on 67splitscreen, you should know by now that with some people you are not allowed a sence of humour. Where are you now, accy or the far east?

Just curious as I go to Penang every 2 years. Love the food over there. Ok my wife is from there. Parents in law are still there.

Unfortunately Accy, usual flown the coop weeks ago, winter migration.

Yep! love a bit of Penang curry myself , at least three times a week.

One thing that would worry me a little, is the fact that the owners, when, not if, they do replace the manager, wont have any kind of footballing pedigree to call on. Hope they keep the right people around them for the times when they do need to call on experienced football people.

Den, I share your concerns regarding the football-based decision making in the future with some issues, however let us not forget that experienced football people employed Paul Ince as our manager very recently, before terminating his contract after just 17 games in charge. Every decision in football brings with it an element of risk.

EDIT - just seen John made the same point earlier. Hard to catch everything with so much to trawl through.

Just a thought about this takeover....

If we had no debts - then it would save us almost £2.5m a year

The last accounts also showed around £3m profit (based on a £4.5m profit from player sales - however we now also recieve an extra £5-6m a year in TV money)

So debt free - the club should at least £5-6m profit if it finishes around 10th.

The VH Group then need to look at a number of potential money spinners....

• Lucrative pre-season games in India, perhaps 4 pre-season games - this should earn us £5m+, also increased exposure, potential new fans & some extra merchandise sales.
  • A marquee signing to help us in other areas of the world? Someone like Honda perhaps! :P
  • Next up they need a new shirt sponsor - now obviously BIG indian companies are probably our best bet here to increase our revenues (Fulham were getting £4m a season from LG) - around a £2.5m increase on our deal with Crown
  • Next up kit sponsor - Chelsea's is around £20m a season, Liverpool's £15m - clubs like ours is more like £1m, so we really need to get some exposure to push this up...Spurs get £4m a season from Puma, Villa get £3.3m from Nike.
  • You then have stand sponsorship (no sponsor at moment since Walkersteel pulled out)..so potential extra cash there
  • Potential to sell the naming rights...(Leicester got just £1.5m total - thats pathetic, Arsenal get £6.66m a season, bolton originally got £2.5m a season off Reebok)
  • A bigger, better radio deal - as the last one hasnt been renewed

Tin hat time no doubt...but surely the sort of stuff VH group need to be looking at, thats excluding profits on potential stars taken from Kentaro agency.

• Lucrative pre-season games in India, perhaps 4 pre-season games - this should earn us £5m+, also increased exposure, potential new fans & some extra merchandise sales.
    [

Is this achievable in a country where the average yearly wage is £313?

I think most of our fans exceed that amount in disposable income every month.

Is this achievable in a country where the average yearly wage is £313?

I think most of our fans exceed that amount in disposable income every month.

Not sure - but it has to be a target...VH said they want to make us bigger brand in India than Venky's, thats a massive brand...so has to make money somehow!??!

I notice they have some massive stadiums - 120k (Salt Lake City), 90k (Eden Gardens), 75k & a few 60ks - but cant find any price info around tickets etc

They cant all be skint....the Rock in India in 2008 which gets big music artists, tickets fetch 1600R's for...About £23 a ticket.... Its not all about ticket prices anyway, its about exposure. If there is plenty of media interest then it gets big sponsors, TV deals etc & before you know it, its very lucrative!

Archived