BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ashes 2010 / 2011

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hopefully I get home from work before 5 tomorrow and England have declared and got a few India wickets, that would make for a good last hour of play

Glad I was right :lol:

It feels wrong

yet sooooooo right.

Anyone noticed the Aussie squad for their next tour?

Veeeeeery interesting / Fecking hillarious

also www.testmatchsofa.com for alternative radio commentary, I find it much better/more fun than Test Match Special

It feels wrong

yet sooooooo right.

Anyone noticed the Aussie squad for their next tour?

Veeeeeery interesting / Fecking hillarious

also www.testmatchsofa.com for alternative radio commentary, I find it much better/more fun than Test Match Special

HOW DARE YOU! TMS is a nationsl instiution! (even Boycott)

Bowling has been alright, but they've not really been as good as the last two tests yet and the pitch isn't giving them a lot of help either...

... And India are still 4 down at lunch. Speaks volumes about them in this series really.

Just hope it isn't all over too quickly - I've got tickets for saturday. Is a consolation 100th 100 for Sachin and an England win to go no1 both happening on the 4th day too much to hope for..?

Playing lesser teams actually loses you points unless you white wash them.

India have played a lot of series on the subcontinent, and their batting lineup is usually very very good. and in Zaheer Khan, they had one of the best bowlers in all conditions.

They went to South Africa and drew, in 2007 they came to England and won, they beat Aus before the Ashes, so they have been good, just this tour appears to be a tour to far for the Galacticos and they ve come ill prepared and unused to English conditions and playing against the best English bowling attack since 2005 and the best Test tail I have ever seen

Cricket Australia, following a report into the Ashes loss,has done that which it should have done a few years back.

Hilditch has jumped, and Neilsen can "reapply" for his position

Greg Chappell, whilst he is National development coach (or whatever he's called) cannot be a selector.

CA can now look forward to appointing players based purely on the basis of form, rather than the ad hoc way they have done since the retirement of Warnie, McGrath et al.

I look forward to some changes to the contracted squad named not so long ago, notably the re-inclusion of Simon Katich.

Cricket Australia, following a report into the Ashes loss,has done that which it should have done a few years back.

Hilditch has jumped, and Neilsen can "reapply" for his position

Greg Chappell, whilst he is National development coach (or whatever he's called) cannot be a selector.

CA can now look forward to appointing players based purely on the basis of form, rather than the ad hoc way they have done since the retirement of Warnie, McGrath et al.

I look forward to some changes to the contracted squad named not so long ago, notably the re-inclusion of Simon Katich.

No offence but is the re-introduction of a 35 year old realy the way to go? whilst Australia with be competitive on both the one-day stage & 20/20. The sheer lack of test class players , i for one believe it will be 4-5 years before before the Aussies can compete with the top sides in the longer format

No offence but is the re-introduction of a 35 year old realy the way to go? whilst Australia with be competitive on both the one-day stage & 20/20. The sheer lack of test class players , i for one believe it will be 4-5 years before before the Aussies can compete with the top sides in the longer format

BNSG, at the time Katich had an average for the year in excess of 50 as well as having a pretty good partnership with Watson. They replaced him with someone (who's name I can't recall atm), whilst younger most certainly didn't come close to the Kat. The approach to selection now will focus on current form.

There are some excellent cricketers around, a lot of the problems have been caused by much indecision from the selectors, notably Hilditch. There aren't too many crying about his demise, I can tell you.

There are strong rumours that ChappellG had caused so much disruption that he was banned from the dressing room by the players. So I'd expect a huge change in their approach to tests from now on.

Are we really this good, or has everyone else been nobbled by the bent bookies now? England demolishing top teams just doesn't sit right with this cricket fan of 30 years.

Still think the Indians have been got at. They're no way as bad as they have been playing.

Still think the Indians have been got at. They're no way as bad as they have been playing.

Why are you posting this in the Ashes thread - the convicts have been relegated to also-rans in the cricket world long ago.

There's another thread for the world's No 1 Test team below.

Archived