Photo
- - - - -

The Ashes 2010 / 2011

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
516 replies to this topic

#501 Mattyblue

Mattyblue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7485 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 18:47 PM

India as a Test team are in serious decline. Can we play them every week ?

Looking forward to the South Africa series this summer after this absolute dog of a football season.

India? flat track bullies, bit of swing and bounce and they are all over the place.

Just a three Test series against Saffers? Bugger the Olympics!

Edited by Mattyblue, 04 January 2012 - 18:47 PM.

#502 SouthAussieRover

SouthAussieRover

World Cup

• Former Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5113 posts

• ST Block: SO15

Posted 04 January 2012 - 20:02 PM

Aussies absolutely mullering the Indians. 4/482
Ponting gets 134
Clark 251 NO
Hussey 55+NO
That's after bowling the Indians out for 191, and then being 3/37
And it's only day two.

The best thing that's happened to cricket (apart from shafting some of the hierarchy) has been the curators leaving some grass on the wicket.
It's given the bowlers a chance, though the way the Indians bowled you wouldn't believe it.

Sachin for his 100th 100 in Sydney? Not looking good at this point in time, but there are three days left and not too much sign of turn yet.

The Indian batting has been atrocious so far this summer.
So atrocious they are now making Australia look like world beaters again.

What's happened to picking players on form? Khawaja dropped and Marsh replacing him and failing?

#503 Ste B

Ste B

World Cup

• Former Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7044 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 18:34 PM

I read something in the papers over the weekend where someone from the Barmy army was saying that there would be ale in the stand they were in.

Red Zone in Dubai ! Nothing in Abu Dhabi which is where i'm going to !

He wouldn't know what hard was if Giant Haystacks smacked him in the face with a bag of conkers'.

#504 SouthAussieRover

SouthAussieRover

World Cup

• Former Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5113 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:43 AM

More atrocious batting by India whilst Warner makes it look easy with a ton off 69 balls. Oh and a 6 to reach his ton.

Edited by SouthAussieRover, 13 January 2012 - 09:47 AM.

#505 Ste B

Ste B

World Cup

• Former Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7044 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

More atrocious batting by India whilst Warner makes it look easy.

You cant make any comparisons when India are playing away tests - they just arent interested at all. One dayers and 20/20's only for them

He wouldn't know what hard was if Giant Haystacks smacked him in the face with a bag of conkers'.

#506 dave birch

dave birch

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16110 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

You cant make any comparisons when India are playing away tests - they just arent interested at all. One dayers and 20/20's only for them

2nd best test team in the world?

Last time I saw hitting like that was back in the 70's, another DW... Doug Walters, he scored a century in a session. (sorry, AG did it, didn't he;) )

India, the French of the test playing nations....

As for mediocre performers from the former colonies I couldn't care less. jimmk 11 7/8/13

I've just realised, he's talking about Prior, Pietersen and co, but not Stokes, he's a Kiwi.

#507 SouthAussieRover

SouthAussieRover

World Cup

• Former Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5113 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:32 AM

Have to agree there.

Its a shame they control the ICC as well.

#508 tassierover

tassierover

Britania 70000

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

Maybe we could suggest to the Indian management that rovers have a motivational speaker available for hire on a two tour basis.

#509 dave birch

dave birch

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16110 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:53 AM

Two days,two hours and twenty minutes. Fourteen hours and twenty minutes to win a test..

Will Sachin ever get his 100th 100? He looked non too happy when given out LBW, but the hawkeye shots suggested he was out.
Perhaps the Indians will relent on the DRS.

As for mediocre performers from the former colonies I couldn't care less. jimmk 11 7/8/13

I've just realised, he's talking about Prior, Pietersen and co, but not Stokes, he's a Kiwi.

#510 pg

pg

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1848 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 00:23 AM

The most pleasing thing about Australia's performance has been the turnaround in our bowling. Craig McDermott has done wonders and we now have an array of fast bowlers who can bowl all day long, putting the ball on the spot and not spraying it around and giving away easy runs (yes I'm talking about you Mitchell Johnson).

Our batting line-up still has some way to go to match Englands, but at least we don't give away easy runs anymore.
It's funny 'cause it's true

#511 dave birch

dave birch

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16110 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:44 AM

The most pleasing thing about Australia's performance has been the turnaround in our bowling. Craig McDermott has done wonders and we now have an array of fast bowlers who can bowl all day long, putting the ball on the spot and not spraying it around and giving away easy runs (yes I'm talking about you Mitchell Johnson).

Our batting line-up still has some way to go to match Englands, but at least we don't give away easy runs anymore.

Indeed pg. The squad for the last test didn't have Pattinson and Cummins. Hasn't Hilfy changed, and Siddle's a different bowler altogether. I have reservations about Starc, but all the pundits reckon him.
I think Arthur will have it all sorted in about twelve months time. Ponting, Hussey and Haddin will be gone. Quite who will replace them, I'm not sure. Maybe Watson to come in at three (Marsh seems unable to make the step up ATM).

Still it's got the beginnings of a good side.

#512 Mattyblue

Mattyblue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7485 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:42 AM

England all over the place to spin again :(

#513 SouthAussieRover

SouthAussieRover

World Cup

• Former Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5113 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:40 AM

Anyone over there watching the England run chase vs Sri Lanka?Y

#514 Mattyblue

Mattyblue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7485 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

I'm watching ball by ball commentary, lets bring it home lads!

Ste B is out there.

#515 Mattyblue

Mattyblue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7485 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

err...

Can't play spin, Herath is no Ajmal yet he still ripped them apart.

#516 SouthAussieRover

SouthAussieRover

World Cup

• Former Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5113 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

94 needed to win.

I was surprised to read that Bresnan has only played 10 previous Tests and has been on the winning side each time.

#517 SouthAussieRover

SouthAussieRover

World Cup

• Former Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5113 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

Make that 11 out of 11 Did Pietersen have some sort of security detail when he walked off the ground?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.