BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Company Profile

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't find documentary evidence, but my understanding is Venky's now own a 99% share of Blackburn Rovers PLC, which in turn owns Ewood Park and I assume Brockhall. To the best of my knowledge "The Walkers" haven't owned anything to do with the club since Jack's death, however The Trust (which I think we can safely assume includes members of the Walker familily) under the name BRFCI previously owned 99% of Blackburn Rovers PLC before selling it all to Venky's.

I am no legal or business expert and can back none of that up, it's just what I believe to be true.

Its very confusing then because i got told today that the walkers still owned ewood and brockhall.

From reading the "contract" on rovers.co.uk, Venkys now own Ewood and everything else owned by Rovers. The contract states that the Jack Walker Stand will not be renamed. They are also required to keep the staue of Jack, and keep it in a proper shape. Walker's legacy is safe, so to me this can only be a good thing, no matter if they put £5 or £500 million into the club.

Let's just hope they give more money than the Trust did in recent years.

Good question.

I'm trying to figure that one myself.

In the offer to other shareholder, it's states that, Eg. if they wanted to move Jacks statue then need the permission of BRFCI, yet it clearly states that BRFCI have sold all the shares.

Is there something missing here, which company owns the Ground and Brockhall. BRF&A or BRFCI or ????????

I have not really been following the take over as I have been too frightened thinking about what could go wrong. Clear avoidance behaviour. However I am now begining to feel more hopeful. I loved the phrase " Humbled" to be associated with Blackburn Rovers

The purchase is of the shares in Blackburn Rovers FC formerly owned by BRFCI (which is 100% owned by Rosedale- the Trust's holding company).

Nothing has happened to Blackburn Rovers FC- the club owned Brockhall and Ewood yesterday and today and will continue to own them tomorrow. So venky's own the stadium and training ground now through their holding of Rovers shares but BRFCI still exists to enforce the binding agreements Venky's entered into.

The purchase is of the shares in Blackburn Rovers FC formerly owned by BRFCI (which is 100% owned by Rosedale- the Trust's holding company).

Nothing has happened to Blackburn Rovers FC- the club owned Brockhall and Ewood yesterday and today and will continue to own them tomorrow. So venky's own the stadium and training ground now through their holding of Rovers shares but BRFCI still exists to enforce the binding agreements Venky's entered into.

Thanks for the explanation.

Good old Jack sounds like he stills has the last say. ;)

SO am I reading it right, we have been purchased as a marketing tool for a chicken farmer? Basically put.

Yes, in simple terms, we are being used to project their company profile to a completely new level, so the better we do, the better they do.

There are many and far worse relationships, we are not just a play thing for example!

Chicken customers - so you are saying they just aren't brave enough ?

No I was answering the question in the post above that one. There are roughly four times as many customers for chicken products in India as there are in the USA- sorry it looked peculiar in the post you quoted.

There are many and far worse relationships, we are not just a play thing for example!

Agree there.

It is absolutely in their best business interests that we are a successful football club.

Whilst it might sound a little bit soulless, it actually offers more comfort than a lot of foreign owners who just take a team over almost as a hobby.

Edit: By the way, look at who got their 606 comment on to this page! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/9214207.stm

Archived