BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Takeover Complete

Is the an interview in the LET with the new owners and their plans tomorrow? Also an interview with John Williams?

Also will they be a press conference with them or an interview on the rovers website? also will they be present to the fans before the game on sunday?

I assume they will do a press conference at some point? One of the reasons for doing this deal was to generate some PR for the Venky's brand in particular in the UK (they want to expand into the pharmaceutical industry in Europe iirc) and a press conference would contribute to that. Probably Monday at the earliest?

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why exactly are you not suprised?

Because it's a role you seem to enjoy playing...you also mentioned to me the other night that you used to be idealistic when younger...I think you're now rapidly heading towards the miserable old git end of the spectrum

• Backroom

Best thing about it for me is that it makes the ins and outs thread remotely interesting and the return of nicko's links with credible premiership standard players..... Hopefully

I know it's weird but I am actually looking forward to a transfer window.

Bet the mods aren't though!

Welcome to our new owners. Hope they are very good owners for us and can increase our transfer budget each year now.

I am looking at this with alot of positive but with abit of caution. Still want to hear their plans for rovers going forward in the future. Happy that they are keeping the current board in place and the team management in place. From the offer document on the rovers website sounds like the walker's trustees have got the owners they wanted, and the assurances they wanted from Venky's.

Happy that they can't moved Jack Walker statue from the spot or rename the Jack Walker Stand unless the walker's trustees agree to it.

I beg to differ Glenn. Very timely all the same. I've an ongoing issue with a certain moderator as we speak (not over something that was said but) over something that was written, despite many many instances of the self same thing going completely unpunished and ignored all over the board. No names necessary as yet but if he was a copper he'd be a bent one. :angry:

Please don't turn another thread into one about yourself and your arguments with all and sundry.

Especially one that concerns a momentous occasion in Rovers' history.

Thats a stupid thing to say. You have exactly as much idea of what will happen in the future for BRFC as Bob.... or indeed anybody else.

It is stupid. It would be equally as stupid to say this takeover means we will definitely win the champions league five times in a row.

See?

Blackburn Raovers. It's the future

Good call about the takeover being finalised today. At least, if it was you who said/hinted at it. I can't remember which poster it was in all the confusion.

Would that have been Moi?

den, on 18 November 2010 - 20:13 PM, said:

"the very near future" suggests maybe as early as tomorrow, to me. Two days before the next home game gives the ideal time to make the announcement.

Thought not.

This is a great day for football.

For those of you, and there are plenty, who don't know what life was like before 'uncle' Jack, you're about to find out. If you're lucky.

Here he is boys and girls. The Messageboards biggest loser (sorry Vinjay). Gloating when there is nothing concrete to gloat about. Life before Jack, as Sam well knows, saw us beat burnley in the eighties, twice home and away, when the club had one tea bag to last a season. Obviously we've beaten them everytime since then as well, apart from a scoreless draw in the FA Cup at their place. A measure of how pathetic this guy is, is the clip in his sig of some no mark dingle scoring a goal at Ewood when we beat them (again) 2-1 in the replay.

"Next time" / "This time round" / "One day..." What a clown. No Nay Never Sam.

Anyway, back to the topic. I'm completely non-plussed. I don't feel anything at the moment. We may not have had any money recently but then we don't have (comparatively) much debt either. "£5m in January", "more next summer". Debt or cash out of the new owners pockets? Leasing players?! Working very closely with Agents?? Owners from India? Marketing in India? Indian Poultry Giants?! (Step back, slow down - have a think. It's crazy! - but it's happened)

How will it all work? Will it work? How the hell do I know? The sceptic in me thinks he knows. But, like you, I'm not party to the finer detail and probably never will be. The (local) Press will read well BUT ultimately the only way we can judge all this is over time.

Either way, whatever happens, we'll still stuff burnley.

Oh, and Bucky - it's Blackburn Rovers.

Well done then Den. I wasn't prepared to trawl through thousands of posts to check. Too much effort, and I'm not the sort to quote another post from 3 years ago to prove a point.

:)

I still don't know what to think about this. My first post was quite downbeat, then ten minutes later I was looking rather positively about it.

On the positive side, I'd previously said on here that just to have a transfer kitty available every transfer window would be great - and it definately would - after the last 3 years or so. That would be progress. I also said that being under owners who basically didn't want to be here, was no good at all - and it isn't. So hopefully Venky's will have the foresight and drive to take us forwards.

Then, the negative feelings take over. Have the trustees simply sold to the first company willing to sign up to the legal obligations that the trustees were bound to - irrespective of the true ambitions of Venky's?

Time will tell. Hopefully, they will realise the need for honest dialogue with the fans. That is crucial. Without that, they'll struggle.

Here he is boys and girls. The Messageboards biggest loser (sorry Vinjay). Gloating when there is nothing concrete to gloat about. Life before Jack, as Sam well knows, saw us beat burnley in the eighties, twice home and away, when the club had one tea bag to last a season. Obviously we've beaten them everytime since then as well, apart from a scoreless draw in the FA Cup at their place. A measure of how pathetic this guy is, is the clip in his sig of some no mark dingle scoring a goal at Ewood when we beat them (again) 2-1 in the replay.

"Next time" / "This time round" / "One day..." What a clown. No Nay Never Sam.

Anyway, back to the topic. I'm completely non-plussed. I don't feel anything at the moment. We may not have had any money recently but then we don't have (comparatively) much debt either. "£5m in January", "more next summer". Debt or cash out of the new owners pockets? Leasing players?! Working very closely with Agents?? Owners from India? Marketing in India? Indian Poultry Giants?! (Step back, slow down - have a think. It's crazy! - but it's happened)

How will it all work? Will it work? How the hell do I know? The sceptic in me thinks he knows. But, like you, I'm not party to the finer detail and probably never will be. The (local) Press will read well BUT ultimately the only way we can judge all this is over time.

Either way, whatever happens, we'll still stuff burnley.

Oh, and Bucky - it's Blackburn Rovers.

UP THE ROVERS :brfc::tu:

That's what I was trying to say, I think. Hope you are keeping well Sidders.

I'm very well, thanks. My concerns are of course based on the step into the unknown we're now taking. Firstly, new owners who know as much about football as the Walker Trust did about rearing chickens. Secondly, the vaguue utterances they've made about the roles of the current Rovers hierarchy. Thirdly, the oft repeated statement that "the brothers" are going to be very hands on. Fourthly, the suggestion that nothing is sacred, including the name of the stadium. Fifthly, they seem very proud of a £9M profit - now I'm the first to admit it's almost £9M profit more than I made last year, but it's hardly going to leave our competitors shaking in their boots. Sixthly, just a reported £5M in the transfer kitty - that's about enough for 83.3% of a lightweight Croatian striker who can't score goals. Finally, the stated aim of a top 4 finish - I realise there's an element of bravado there but it made me wonder if she meant top 4 finish in the championship. It leaves me with the feeling of the place settings being laid in preparation for a chimps' tea party.

By the way, Bob, we're not going to the rubbish all-you-can-eat-before-dying-of-MSG-poisoning-Chinese-buffet-doodah for this year's MNF Christmas jamboree but we're planning on going to an Indian eaterie in Blackburn South followed by inevitably winning the lamentably easy quiz at our favoured watering hole. Date still to be confirmed, but Mr Riley and PC Plod are sorting it out. Me and Biggles also going and maybe Griff too if Mrs Griff lets him.

What Bob Fleming & Cheeky Sidders said.

My only hope is that if an Indian poultry & pharmaceutical business wanted to set up a business in the UK they wouldn't buy a football club to do it. They'd just buy an "off the shelf" company and take it from there.

Fingers crossed for me.

Some oil billionare took over Chelsea and it went OK for them. Two American sports-based partnerships took over Liverpool and Manchester United and look how that turned out.

Apparantly they have agreed not to remove Jack's statue from Ewood. Stone me, doesn't that go without saying?

If they feck this up I'll be first in line. OK maybe second or third. Or whenever I can get time off.

Like the rest of us I'm just waiting to see what happens. This is not a normal business take-over so Venkys hyad better be pretty careful. We're not making widgets.

What Bob Fleming & Cheeky Sidders said.

My only hope is that if an Indian poultry & pharmaceutical business wanted to set up a business in the UK they wouldn't buy a football club to do it. They'd just buy an "off the shelf" company and take it from there.

Fingers crossed for me.

Some oil billionare took over Chelsea and it went OK for them. Two American sports-based partnerships took over Liverpool and Manchester United and look how that turned out.

Apparantly they have agreed not to remove Jack's statue from Ewood. Stone me, doesn't that go without saying?

If they feck this up I'll be first in line. OK maybe second or third. Or whenever I can get time off.

Like the rest of us I'm just waiting to see what happens. This is not a normal business take-over so Venkys hyad better be pretty careful. We're not making widgets.

To be fair Colin, the Trust have almost certainly raised the issue of Jack's statue. Its not as if VH had intended to move it! Having been asked they've said "fine". What more could they do?

I've read this forum about our takeover from day 1 and read claim after counterclaim from various parties and whilst i'm still sceptical about everything i feel we have to give these people a chance.

Read the articles in the contract about various things regarding BRFC that have to remain in place ie Jack Walker's Statue,renaming of the Jack Walker Stand etc and you'll soon realise that as much as it pained us to having no idea whats going on, whos who and do we really want them then you'll also realise that the Trustees (who in my opinion have been wrongly vilified by many)have never once wavered from looking after our best interests.

Yes Ali Syed claimed to be able to fund £300m into our club but whose to say 5 years down the line and putting us into massive debts he wouldn't pull out and then this club would be no more. At least with a proper structure and the right people at the helm and a transfer kitty thats more than it previously was but not overboard then our beloved football club will prosper!!

ps yes if people read it the wrong way i'm sorry but i've also had a few beers and was reluctant to post before the takeover but also look at how many other Premier League clubs are now in debt to proportions what you would never beleive ie BWFC

Archived