BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Takeover Complete

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, didn't Iceman get banned for saying the 19th and low and behold the man hit the nail on the head.

Unlucky Icers.

New era begins today and whilst I share dens pessimistic view it will at least be an interesting ride.

I would like to thanks the Walker family for getting us back into the premier league, for the league cup win and the memories that I never believed would have happened the day I started supporting the club. But most of all to Jack for my wonderful day at Anfield.

Onwards and hopefully upwards.

Well yes, "it is only natural", if we conclude that there is not a single ounce of ethics or honor left in football. This bit must be accepted as a fact, then we can "move forward".

The official statement Venkys have come up with is especially infuriating. Who exactly is going to buy any of that nonesence about them "sharing the values of Jack Walker"? It's suspicious enough when an individual makes that claim, but when it's a spokesman for an entire company, you know they're already lying and manipulating the fans. It's like McDonalds branding themselves as a nutritious menu...give me a break.

If there's one thing good about the Trust is that they didn't waste our time with nonesence. They did not care about the club, they did not show up for games, they never uttered a single word. Venkys should follow that example. Obviously they own the club, so they'll change, re-brand, and sell however much crap they want, but at least they can give us the courtesy of not pretending like they know a thing about Uncle Jack or Rovers.

Modern football, enjoy everyone.

Well yes, "it is only natural", if we conclude that there is not a single ounce of ethics or honor left in football. This bit must be accepted as a fact, then we can "move forward".

The official statement Venkys have come up with is especially infuriating. Who exactly is going to buy any of that nonesence about them "sharing the values of Jack Walker"? It's suspicious enough when an individual makes

that claim, but when it's a spokesman for an entire company, you know they're already lying and manipulating the fans. It's like McDonalds branding themselves as a nutritious menu...give me a break.

If there's one thing good about the Trust is that they didn't waste our time with nonesence. They did not care about the club, they did not show up for games, they never uttered a single word. Venkys should follow that example. Obviously they own the club, so they'll change, re-brand, and sell however much crap they want, but at least they can give us the courtesy of not pretending like they know a thing about Uncle Jack or Rovers.

Mr E, thinking positively since 1995.

The official statement Venkys have come up with is especially infuriating. Who exactly is going to buy any of that nonesence about them "sharing the values of Jack Walker"? It's suspicious enough when an individual makes that claim, but when it's a spokesman for an entire company, you know they're already lying and manipulating the fans. It's like McDonalds branding themselves as a nutritious menu...give me a break.

Brilliant! There's already been a whiff of bull about this lot. In India it's "leasing" players and an ambition of finishing mid-table. The next day in Lancashire it's "we're aiming for the top 4". I hope they improve their PR.

So, we've been sold to a bunch of lank-haired, medallion-wearing battery hen merchants. Who'd have thought? I suppose the one thing we can say is that owners come and go. Blackburn Rovers will (hopefully) be around long after Venky's have packed their bags.

Thanks for the memories Uncle Jack - you were one of a kind.

LOL, didn't Iceman get banned for saying the 19th and low and behold the man hit the nail on the head.

Unlucky Icers.

New era begins today and whilst I share dens pessimistic view it will at least be an interesting ride.

I would like to thanks the Walker family for getting us back into the premier league, for the league cup win and the memories that I never believed would have happened the day I started supporting the club. But most of all to Jack for my wonderful day at Anfield.

Onwards and hopefully upwards.

It is a new era and I think Icers should be brought back. Banned, lifted, suspended etc. After he did say today and it is today that the takeover has been completed. Can somebody be banned for being right ??????

As a Rovers supporter I have to accept that the trust have acted i the best interest of the club. The document that was issued was interesting reading. It appears the club was bought with the Venky's own money, agreed to giving funds for transfers etc, Jack Walker statue cannot be moved, without permission etc etc.

The reassuring news is that JW is staying, but I think that is only a commitment until June 2011, if I read things correctly.

We don't know- we can only hope so a pantomime "we're doomed. no we're not" argument doesn't help any. The statements in the offer document are very encouraging so far as I am concerned.

Not a single mention of Kentaro or Anderson. A few weeks ago the venky's mentione putting £5 mill towards transfers in Jan and not wanting to go on the mass spending spree. But a comment I heard was that attitude changed on Friday and they want to push the club on further. Anybody else hear something like that, if so what was it.

i usually have :P

Must be a rare event then, as your not normally right :lol::lol:

As a Rovers supporter I have to accept that the trust have acted i the best interest of the club. The document that was issued was interesting reading. It appears the club was bought with the Venky's own money, agreed to giving funds for transfers etc,

I don't see a committment to funding transfers Pafell. Haven't they agreed to providing funds for transfers or loans?

Am I excited? Not really.

Am I particularly worried? Not really.

I'd like to personally thank the Walker family for everything they have done for BRFC over the years and this is something we should never, ever, ever forget.

They gave a 'small town Premier League club' an enviable profile and that's something that the Rao family will hopefully be busting a gut to build on.

We all agree that the first thing we need to address is the playing staff and getting in the quality that will take us forward and safeguard our immediate future in the PL.

For me, the January transfer window will be the acid test for the Rao family in terms of how serious they are.

I wish them luck.

Is going into the unknown better than going nowhere

You just search and hope for a few glimmers of hope, but this one is right off the radar. With a couple of guys totally alien to this country first of all, what a massive challenge this on its own is going to present to all involved with Blackburn Rovers.

Secondly these guys are entering a sport from a different continent, and one they've never experienced before with its unusual ways of working.

Thirdly the expectations of the fans and the neighbourhood of Blackburn and its people.

Its a massive task what these Indian brothers have undertaken here in Blackburn, think they are in for a few shocks. Hopefully they'll pull through and prove all the doubters wrong, but for me, they're starting position is one of being a couple of goals down.

Can they pull it back and win in the end we all await. A couple of million in January though simply isnt enough.

As I know some people miss him and this would have been a HUGE day for him on here. Here is a statement from VinJay

19th November 2010 is a day which will hopefully go down as a great day in the history of Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

It is an understatement to say the least that a great weight has been listed off my shoulders following todays news. For 5 years (and to some extent since 2003) I have remained resolute in my view that a takeover is the only possible way forward for Blackburn Rovers. In 2007 the club publicly took steps to achieve this by appointing Rothschild something which in retrospect should have been done in 2003. Some people believed there would never be a takeover but time and time again I pushed forward all the positive virtues that Blackburn Rovers has to offer. I would like to thank people such as Exiled In Toronto who supported me on this view. Despite how others may feel I have never once been negative in regards to the potential of Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

Venky's have demonstrated a willingness to inject new money into the club. Money which next summer it is said will extend beyond the initial 5 million predicted for January. They deserve the opportunity to demonstrate this will be the case. It is reasonable that people may be wary of new owners. However people coming up with doomsday scenarios akin to MK Dons is completely over the top and unfair to Venky's.

The club will now be given the opportunity to grow internationally and that opportunity has limitless potential. Blackburn Rovers has been a leading symbol of excellence in English football since the clubs foundation. There is no reason why Blackburn Rovers can not become a leading symbol of excellence in the eyes of all Indian football fans. My immediate suggestion is that when Rovers tour India for the first time would be for a fixture against the Indian national side. If anything can generate mass publicity this would do it. We must not forget regional marketing particularly in relation to different ethnic groups. Blackburn Rovers are the only long term established premier league club in modern day Lancashire. Venky's hopefully will do whatever it takes to make Blackburn Rovers the choice of ALL young football fans across Lancashire. Our fans need to do everything they can to support this hopeful new mentality.

People have spoken of matters such as the renaming of the stadium. Personally I will support any such action as long as it is not renamed something stupid. Ewood will always be Ewood and nothing will change that. If the new owners are to call it Venky's Ewood Park (though that is just an example I don't expect them to rename it after themselves) then that would certainly be the ideal scenario. A new sponsor with the name still remaining officially intact.

As far as the previous owners go (I must say it feels very good to say that) I do not have any parting words for them. Today is a day to rejoice not a day for anger and hatred. I've felt enough anger and hatred over the past 5 years to last a lifetime. I will be happy never to mention them again and I promise you will never see me use the word "takeover" from this point onwards. My conscience is now totally crystal clear and I can walk past Jack's statue a happy young man on Sunday. I'm not going to say everything at this club is perfect but one thing is for sure I will not be putting myself through the stress of the past 5 years again. No matter what the future brings.

There are no guarantees that Venky's will be brilliant owners. At things stand at the moment however they are heroes as far as I'm concerned. There are nothing but positives from them thus far. There may be exciting twists to come over the next few days if certain people on the forums are proved to be correct. Their first full week in charge hopefully will see a win over Aston Villa tomorrow...and even better would be a win over Man United at Old Trafford next weekend.

8th May 1995 has gone down as Victory at Ewood (VE Day) in the history of Blackburn Rovers. If Venky's go down in history as a major success I would like to be the first to proclaim 19th November 2010 as Liberation Day!

Vinjay

Archived