BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Thread

He already is, until 2013. No point giving him a new contract at this point in time. Besides, "lifetime" contracts don't exist (so they could carry on earning their wage until they die, yeah right) it must be a 'finite' number of years and even if they did why would the word "lifetime" in lifetime deal be anymore reliable than the number 4 in "4 year deal"

Presumably a guaranteed x amount per week untill they retire?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this does have certain similarities to the early jack walker days , while we were all getting excited at the bids for Lineker , Paul stewart , Teddy Sherigham , we ended up with David Speedie which at the time came as a disappointment , but we know what happened then ......Don Mackay was sacked ....Dalglish came in , and then we were taken seriously ..is it just de ja vu?

Another interview from the 'Rao Family on Good Morning Sports Fans' at six...

They have just shown an interview with Balaji Rao and he said 'They are trying very hard for him and that he is very confident we will get Ronaldinho'

He was then asked if more money would be available for Ronaldinho above what has already been quoted for his wages and he said 'may be abit more would be made available for him... yes'

But they seem to be speaking in riddles, im lost with it all :blink:

On...Off...On...Off

this does have certain similarities to the early jack walker days , while we were all getting excited at the bids for Lineker , Paul stewart , Teddy Sherigham , we ended up with David Speedie which at the time came as a disappointment , but we know what happened then ......Don Mackay was sacked ....Dalglish came in , and then we were taken seriously ..is it just de ja vu?

Speedie was awesome, was gutted when he left. I remember everyone was like... "Alan who? Bring Speedie back!" :D

What sounds positive?!

Nelsen signing a lifetime contract... right... he's 33 now... and, although we love him and everything, he's also a relatively @#/? player most of the time...

The reason we love him is because he's a terrific player. To call him even relatively "@#/?" is wacko. :blink:

Has Nicko actually said where SK went...?

EDIT: Bloomfield nvmd.

If he has got any sense he'll have driven Samba down to North London and shown him the sights. Maybe have left him into madame tussauds talking to a Pele wax work whilst he nipped round Arry's to see what he is willing to exchange for our loyal and talented Captain.

Mrs D said in her Sky interview that she was offering new contracts to stop players going to Arsenal or Chelsea.

What? All the players? Is that for real? Seems a bit drastic. Which game were they thinking of taking in by the way?

Oh aye, its all good fun at the moment but as usual most are worried about end product including me.

Its all good and well having all these targets and all this speculation but with ten players sidelined and Rovers having some kind of Ripleys believe it or not moment, we want to see some bugger signed, actions speak louder than words and we have all heard far too many words.

Be nice to have a Ripley on the wing!

If he has to convince Kean, then it sound's like he wants to talk, but then you think if he wanted to talk he would have done so already.

Is it not common knowledge thrughout the football world what his brother is like, I've known for ages that Ronaldinho's brother is a numpty. You only have to look back at all of his previous transfers & non-transfers (like the one to City), and the way they were handled, some of the press quotes from him back then were obscene.

If we were dealing with a normal agent who wasn't a family member we would have more of a chance, but the fact that he is his brother & obvously an idiot isn't working in our favour.

I'm not very optimistic about our chances now.

(Unless we up the cash & go even more bonkers than we already have, make it impossible for him to say no, which would be pretty stupid!!!)

Just seen the comments on the interview with one of the Rao's... would that not have been done at the same time as the one with Mrs Desai. Would it be possible that they are putting it out late to make us look even bigger plonkers???

See, this sets alarm bells ringing. I want to know WHY he still wants to leave, IF this whole L'Equippe story is true.

According to Nicko he has wanted out for a year. He has since used the SA sacking as an excuse.

Presumably he wants a big money signing on fee? Wouldn't be the first.

Another night with that toothy bugger interrupting my dreams. :(

Come on Bally bung him a brown envelope full of cake and get him over here.

Full of cake as in slang for money? Or we talking the real deal? Chocolate or whatever? Not sure what tickles his fancy.

I'm going to say opt for a mix of both cake as in money and of the tasty baked goods. (Lots of both)

Sky still running the story that the Ronnie bid may have ended in failure.

Is it me or could that be spun either way? Just the same it "may" not. For the moment it's a none story as he hasn't decided what he's doing yet. Sounds like Gremio are struggling to afford him too.

I think Samba wants to leave because he's a big headed retard. He's apparently wanted out for a year so it's not Venkys, or Kean.

Your in fine form tonight. Keep up the good work.

If he has to convince Kean, then it sound's like he wants to talk, but then you think if he wanted to talk he would have done so already.

I think it sounds like it is Kean that does NOT want a player on his book that is not interested in playing for the club.

The "Two things that must happen" is in reality only one thing - Ronnie signing the contract, as Kean would be easy to convince I guess...

Guest Walshy

I think sky are still running the bid failing cuz he is on the next flight over to be presented to us at tomorrows match. Fingers crossed

Archived