BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Jensen Appointed Assistant Manager

Well said. I fully agree and am not nitpicking, but for accuracy;

We have only gained 2 points (not four) from the last 6 matches. Spuds at home 0-1, Wigan away 3-4, Barcodes 0-0, Villa away 1-4, Fulham away 2-3, Donkey Lashers 2-2.

We have also played 13 games under Kean and have gained 12 points, not 11 from 12 played as suggested. It is still a pathetic return however, recognising that 10 of the teams played were below us in the table when the match kicked off.

The last 6 games you mention under Allardyce actually covers 7 games detailed. However, ignoring Bolton away for one moment, it would still be four wins out of those 6 games and 12 points gained. Two defeats away at Spuds and United only. (Hardly suprising given their resources and squads). Both heavy defeats admittedly, which those who disliked SA have used ever since as part of their argument to justify his leaving. Taken in the context of 12 points from those 6 games and those two defeats however, it shows how irrelevant those games actually were in the wider scheme of things and how well we were doing at that time.

It would appear that trying to convince otherwise those that felt SA was doing a poor job is nigh impossible, as facts and figures are irrelevant, league placings and finishes are irrelevant and common sense is seemingly also irrelevant. For me this is a shame, as the guy did brilliantly for the Rovers, worked diligently to further and pursue our best interests and although we ALL love amazing pass and move technical football and pretty little triangles of play, SA understood and subsequently employed a strategy agreed with previous owners purely to ensure we stayed up.

Having done what was asked of him to the letter, ie retained our PL status and managed the budget and finances accordingly, I remain suprised at the vitriol against him to this day. I am a little older than some and can state with confidence that managers from days gone by were not treated by our fans and owners in this way and can only presume it is a lack of knowledge and ignorance that fosters this behaviour. Those stating that SA could only play one way further demonstrates and shows the ignorance that surrounds his time and methods at the club.

The stupidity of our owners in following advice given, or by mis-judging the true beliefs of our fans may have damaging and lasting repurcussions for our club that will resonate for decades. If you think back to those last 6 or 7 games under SA and compare with what has happened since, then the difference is marked. Our players have now lost all direction, turmoil and confusion now reigns and group confidence is shot to pieces.

Sadly, those that understood what a tremendous job SA was doing are now suffering along with those that wanted change for change's sake. "Anyone but Sam" will sound very hollow in the Championship!

Very true and Sam had his fair share of injuries too to contend with this season - plus as I have said previously, our away form, results wise, showed minor signs of improvement (winning at Newcastle, draw at Man City).

Should never look back and reflect for too long but bl00dy annoying as I really believe, given the way the league is this year, we could have finished very high up the table with Sam still in charge..........ah well.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great :rolleyes:

Not just that but why now? What if they really do HAVE to sack Kean because nobody is going to watch Rovers with him in charge - a serious possibility if things get any worse - they'll not only have to waste money paying him off but Jensen's new conract too. It was already mad- it's lurching into an even worse scenario.

Enough is enough !

Absolute confirmation, IMO, that the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

This is an absolute disgrace and to think that Hoilett can't be engaged in new terms in order not to distract his focus !

That's another 1,000 less season tickets at a stroke.

Perhaps it's a clever move by Venky's?

Keep 'Faxe' here ready to make a move for Laudrup in the summer? Only reason why I would had kept Jensen :rock:

would be a good move by the owners to bring in Michael Laudrup as manager

I am hoping alot for this to happen in the summer!

What on earth can this decision be based on?

It's fairly obvious to me, that anyone expecting to see the back of Kean and Jensen in the event of relegation are going to be mightily disappointed. I get the impression they're doing this just to spite the fans who object to their ways.

yours, absolutely disgusted,

den.

"Jensen joined Rovers in January as number two to Steve Kean, who revealed yesterday that he had held discussions with Venky’s about extending the Dane’s deal with the club beyond the end of the current campaign. Kean hopes a contract will be finalised within the next fortnight."

Oh for ###### sake. Just read this. Takes taking the Pi$$ to a different level.

On what basis has he earnt this contract? Someone knows better than I the points tally since he was appointed. Nothing to do with the Anderson, Kean, Venkys, Vampire pact then eh?

Obviously a fantastic move made for all the right footballing reasons.

Well done everyone (un)concerned.

Laudrup?!?!? Great thinking that - get the Assistant in first eh? FFS.

"Jensen joined Rovers in January as number two to Steve Kean, who revealed yesterday that he had held discussions with Venky’s about extending the Dane’s deal with the club beyond the end of the current campaign. Kean hopes a contract will be finalised within the next fortnight."

Oh for ###### sake. Just read this. Takes taking the Pi$$ to a different level.

On what basis has he earnt this contract? Someone knows better than I the points tally since he was appointed. Nothing to do with the Anderson, Kean, Venkys, Vampire pact then eh?

Obviously a fantastic move made for all the right footballing reasons.

Well done everyone (un)concerned.

Laudrup?!?!? Great thinking that - get the Assistant in first eh? FFS.

If I performed like Jensen at work I'd be sacked as for performing like Kean I'd have been sacked weeks back...can I not go and work for Venkys ??????

Is he feck the mansger's choice, he had never met the bloke before he got the job.

Did you cone down in the last shower or what??

You sure about that??

Didnt Jensen say they had been discussing the week before he joined??

Dont insult me either

At the end of the day he is our current managers choice....therefore aslong as Kean is manager it is best that they back him.

Whether or not they both last, only time will tell.

If Jensen gets a new contract, as seems likely, I think it's the strongest hint yet that Kean is here for the duration of his contract. I honestly don't believe that getting relegated will make the slightest difference. Venky's have nailed their colours to the mast and Kean is their chosen manager. They are not going to lose face by sacking him even if we go down. The fact that this managerial duo have taken us to the brink of the Championship seems to have escaped the notice of Mrs. Desai. Clearly, as she said when Sam was sacked, winning is not everything as far as our owners are concerned. It would be interesting to hear her say what is more important than winning in a competitive sport where your financial future is dependent on results on the pitch.

Clearly, the fact that the Anderson twins are staying at Ewood Park is just the boost we need in this relegation battle :(

Archived