589 replies to this topic

#1 Glenn

Glenn

BDFL (retired)

• Backroom Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10739 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:28 PM

BRFCS has it on good authority that the much rumoured return of Roque Santa Cruz is now a done deal.

Sources at Ewood Park have confirmed to BRFCS that the deal to bring Roque Santa Cruz is complete. He will join Rovers on a half season loan.

Whilst Rovers have yet to make a formal announcement, we expect it to be confirmed once his medical in complete.

Bugger, that was supposed to be from the News Bunny account. Ah well.

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize. ~Voltaire
Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire
Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. ~ Benjamin Franklin

#2 Sysagent

Sysagent

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:32 PM

Excellent news, I cannot wait to see him bang a brace in against Chelski on Saturday!

#3 Simon Says

Simon Says

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1887 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:33 PM

If he is fit! ;)
Small town predicts my fate
Perhaps that's what no one wants to see
I just want to scream...hello...

#4 Exiled in Toronto

Exiled in Toronto

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3453 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:34 PM

Delighted. we've had no quality up front since the day he left. If he stays fit I predict he'll score 8 what with Olsson and Junior buzzing around.

#5 Sverre

Sverre

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:41 PM

Great news!

I reckon he is fit enough and injury free. Otherwise he wouldn't have been loaned out on a short term basis.

Does anyone know if he has been playing regularly for Man City reserves?
Best at stating the obvious

#6 Valois

Valois

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:42 PM

Still undecided if this is a good move, really hope he can re-discover the form he hadin his first season with us. Expect he will be formally announced along with Jensen, and Kean's new contract in a press conference this evening. I wonder if Rochina will be announced today also.

#7 alexanders

alexanders

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5005 posts
  • PS3 Gamer Tag:allrovertheplace

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:43 PM

Welcome Back Roque!

Hope you will settle and find back to the form you had for us earlier!
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I get" - Thomas Jefferson

#8 JAL

JAL

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8961 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:45 PM

Far from impressed. This shows all the signs that Rovers simply havent progressively moved on since this takeover.

#9 moerpho

moerpho

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:46 PM

Just waiting to hear some details on how much we're paying him. Perhaps put 5£ on him and Grella both injuring themselves during handshakes (something about pressure from the handshake going to their knees - both out for the season! :blink:)....

Let's all just hope it's a happy reunion and if he manages 10 goals during his stay I'll be a happy rover :rover:

Edited by moerpho, 12 January 2011 - 16:47 PM.

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, its not whether you win or loose, its how drunk you get."
- Homer Simpson

#10 alexanders

alexanders

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5005 posts
  • PS3 Gamer Tag:allrovertheplace

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:46 PM

Far from impressed. This shows all the signs that Rovers simply havent progressively moved on since this takeover.

I disagree JAL. Roque is a par of safe hands in a very difficult January window. He is only here for a 6 months loan.
"It seems the harder I work the more luck I get" - Thomas Jefferson

#11 don'tbelievenicko

don'tbelievenicko

DIngle Fan

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:47 PM

He hasn't played much footy since he left Ewood so I can't see him starting at weekend, anyway, welcome home Roque.

#12 deftangel

deftangel

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1169 posts
  • Xbox Gamer Tag:deftangel
  • Twitter: @deftangel
  • PS3 Gamer Tag:deftangel

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:51 PM

Wouldn't have used the loan up on him myself but great to have some proven quality up front. Partnering him with Niko could be a good thing for both players.

Let's hope he's fit and stays fit.

Now we need to get someone in to supply the ammo. I know Hoillet and Olsson have done well but their crossing isn't a patch on Bentley's and that was a big part of his success here.
Twitter's largest list of 400+ #rovers fans - http://twitter.com/d...urn-rovers-fans

#13 JAL

JAL

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8961 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:51 PM

I disagree JAL. Roque is a par of safe hands in a very difficult January window. He is only here for a 6 months loan.

It all smacks of looking backwards and not forward.

No, I dont buy it, totally see this as a position of weakness on Rovers behalf.

Edited by JAL, 12 January 2011 - 16:52 PM.

#14 BuckyRover

BuckyRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7417 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:53 PM

Pretty happy. It's hard to get quality in Jan.

If he stays fit he will score, he might also be a good foil for Niko
BuckyRover: Has NOT supported Ince since 12 minutes into the Wigan game.

In case you needed reminding....

#15 RibbleValleyRover

RibbleValleyRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8605 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:55 PM

Not happy about this deal in all honesty and can't help but feel this is a huge waste of money.

I really hope I am proved wrong.

Edited by RibbleValleyRover, 12 January 2011 - 16:56 PM.

#16 GAV

GAV

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10133 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:55 PM

It all smacks of looking backwards and not forward.

No, I dont buy it, totally see this as a position of weakness on Rovers behalf.

He wouldn't have been here under the last owners thats for sure, so that in itself is progress.

Oh mercerman, come out come out wherever you are! :tu:

#17 roversfan1

roversfan1

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:57 PM

Happy with this - get someone in who knows the club and who wants to come back for 6 months and see how it goes at the end of the season. Much better than paying over the odds (as always happens in January) and seeing who is about in the Summer.

#18 Dan Furness

Dan Furness

Angry Frank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3002 posts

• ST Block: N01

Posted 12 January 2011 - 16:59 PM

For god sake he is a good forward, accept it as you wont be seeing any big money signings

#19 FourLaneBlue

FourLaneBlue

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7578 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 17:00 PM

Really depends on what the details are as to whether this is a good deal for Rovers or not.

If we are paying him 80,000 a week in wages, that will be over a million quid by the time we play our last game. All to be giving him match practice so City can sell him for more cash than they likely would in the summer.

So, perhaps it is all in details whether this is a good move or not.

If it means we concentrate on bringing in permanent players to improve our midfield then fair enough.

#20 MarkBRFC

MarkBRFC

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 17:00 PM

we expect it to be confirmed once his medical in complete.

Guess we could be waiting a while then.

Top player when he is fit, heres hoping he can recapture his form/fitness of a few years ago.
This message was paid for by the friends and supporters of MarkBRFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.