BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Return - Done Deal

Glenn

BRFCS has it on good authority that the much rumoured return of Roque Santa Cruz is now a done deal.

Sources at Ewood Park have confirmed to BRFCS that the deal to bring Roque Santa Cruz is complete. He will join Rovers on a half season loan.

Whilst Rovers have yet to make a formal announcement, we expect it to be confirmed once his medical in complete.

Bugger, that was supposed to be from the News Bunny account. Ah well.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still undecided if this is a good move, really hope he can re-discover the form he hadin his first season with us. Expect he will be formally announced along with Jensen, and Kean's new contract in a press conference this evening. I wonder if Rochina will be announced today also.

Just waiting to hear some details on how much we're paying him. Perhaps put 5£ on him and Grella both injuring themselves during handshakes (something about pressure from the handshake going to their knees - both out for the season! :blink:)....

Let's all just hope it's a happy reunion and if he manages 10 goals during his stay I'll be a happy rover :rover:

Wouldn't have used the loan up on him myself but great to have some proven quality up front. Partnering him with Niko could be a good thing for both players.

Let's hope he's fit and stays fit.

Now we need to get someone in to supply the ammo. I know Hoillet and Olsson have done well but their crossing isn't a patch on Bentley's and that was a big part of his success here.

I disagree JAL. Roque is a par of safe hands in a very difficult January window. He is only here for a 6 months loan.

It all smacks of looking backwards and not forward.

No, I dont buy it, totally see this as a position of weakness on Rovers behalf.

It all smacks of looking backwards and not forward.

No, I dont buy it, totally see this as a position of weakness on Rovers behalf.

He wouldn't have been here under the last owners thats for sure, so that in itself is progress.

Really depends on what the details are as to whether this is a good deal for Rovers or not.

If we are paying him 80,000 a week in wages, that will be over a million quid by the time we play our last game. All to be giving him match practice so City can sell him for more cash than they likely would in the summer.

So, perhaps it is all in details whether this is a good move or not.

If it means we concentrate on bringing in permanent players to improve our midfield then fair enough.

He wouldn't have been here under the last owners thats for sure, so that in itself is progress.

Going off his last season here everyone thought that selling Roque for what they got was the deal of the century and now Rovers take him back some think this is great news. Sorry, do not, in any way, shape, or form, share that view in that its great to have him back.

I'm with Nicko on this in that I just dont understand the reasoning behind it, but thankfully its a loan deal but an expensive one at that, so just get yourselves ready to be disappointed.

Archived