BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Roque Santa Cruz Return - Done Deal

Glenn

Jermaine Jones is confident the goals will soon flow for Blackburn Rovers teammate Roque Santa Cruz.

Jones - on loan from German side Schalke - who remembers Santa Cruz from his days at Bayern Munich.

He said: "He's a good player and he will score goals.

"As Torres has found it can be difficult moving clubs in January but he's working hard for the team, tracking back. Once he gets his first goal more will follow."

has anyone told him how few games there are left?

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest linganzi

another 45 grand earned in 45 mins and no goal .

Yet as long as he is fit he will start all games for us .

Disgrace

He is not fit though, didnt Kean say that doctors have allowed RSC to play for 60 minutes and thats it, which would explain why he gets subbed at that time.

Pointless really, give him 2 weeks to get fit and then play him if he is worthy.

He is not right. He was never the quickest anyway but could get by. His strength was always his aerial ability which is a quality that is not usually affected by injuries and the like with most players.

But he can't seem to jump any more. Even if Santa wasn't scoring in his last stint here he could usually win headers against opposition defenders or bring the ball down and link up play with supporting players.

Against Everton and almost every game he has played he barely wins a header all day. And we are continually pumping the ball up to him in the belief that he will be able to win the ball and hold it up. I don't buy it that he is just here on a pay day and not trying. He just doesn't seem to be as good at anything any more. It was always the case that without his heading ability that he would be a distinctly average forward and at the moment that is what he is.

We are trying to play to his supposed strengths, but they are seemingly strengths of a time gone by. I think he could still offer something but he shouldn't be an automatic starter.

Talking of which. Is he eligible to play against City? If not it would be nice to see maybe someone apart from Roberts given a go from the start. I do not rate Kalinic particularly highly like most do on here but right now he must be the best of a bad bunch. If he were to be given support from attacking midfielders he may do a job.

Desperate times though.

It's okay blaming Rocky but he very rarely gets any support from midfield whatsoever. Like has already been mentioned he's not the quickest and isn't going to skip past players so his main job is to hold up the ball and bring other players into play. For me he never looked a natural goalscorer even when he was banging them in a while back now. He often looks for the pass when he could shoot, ect. It may be a confident thing has well, the guy hasn't played for the best part of two years and sadly looks a shadow of his former self. Still our only striker capable of controlling the ball though.At the moment he reminds me a bit of Di Santo (which isn't a good thing), neat in posession but very rarely seems to get any chances to score. He has hit the post twice though don't forget, if thoose two had gone in we'd probably be looking at him in a completely different light. Thought his best performance so far was at the Emirates and it was no coincidence we suffered when he went off in that game.

Still by a distance the best striker at the club at present in my opinion, which doesn't say a lot for the rest of our strikers does it really.

He is not fit though, didnt Kean say that doctors have allowed RSC to play for 60 minutes and thats it, which would explain why he gets subbed at that time.

Pointless really, give him 2 weeks to get fit and then play him if he is worthy.

never mind give him two weeks send him back ,end of.

Still by a distance the best striker at the club at present in my opinion, which doesn't say a lot for the rest of our strikers does it really.

The best striker at our club at present is the striker who has scored the most goals (5 league goals and a goal every 175 minutes, a better scoring rate than Drogba or Rooney this season), but who isn't even getting a chance to play this season.

He's certainly not our busted flush who's almost 30 and has only ever scored more than 5 league goals once in his career, with 0 goals and 0 assists since he joined Rovers.

Stick Niko and Rocinha on in the next game.

The best striker at our club at present is the striker who has scored the most goals (5 league goals and a goal every 175 minutes, a better scoring rate than Drogba or Rooney this season), but who isn't even getting a chance to play this season.

He's certainly not our busted flush who's almost 30 and has only ever scored more than 5 league goals once in his career, with 0 goals and 0 assists since he joined Rovers.

Well said.

How long is Roque going to live off that first season?

Just to make your opinion factual:

Kalinic has scored a goal every 149 minutes in the pl

Rooney has scored a goal every 175 minutes in the pl.

Drogba has scored a goal every 223 minutes in the pl.

However it may worth noting:

1. Out of 22 games this season Rooney has played 90 minutes in 16 games, scored 11 goals.

2. Out of 15 games this season Kalinic has played 90 minutes in 4 games., scoring 5 goals.

3. Out of 30 games this season Drogba has played 90 minutes in 21 games, scoring 11 goals.

Thought I would highlight the goals the players have scored as ultimately its about how many goals the players have scored to appearances.

• Moderation Lead

After the latest display on Saturday, and the previous few, I'm glad he's ineligible for the City game. He doesn't look interested, send him and his inflated wages back early!

We are playing one upfront and we all know Kalinic isn't strong enough or able to hold the ball up well enough to play as a lone striker. But I agree in a front two he should really play.

What PLANET are some of you currently living on? Niko has a better scoring ratio than Rooney and Drogba per minutes on the pitch. Please!!!!! Are you being serious? Yes, he does statistically but i could pretty much guarantee that he would still be on 5 goals had he played more games.

Leon Best has a better one too. 11 apps and 6 goals. WOW - he must be good! Errr, no he isn't!

He is not our saviour. So just drop it.

I am VERY SAD to say it but we are a mess at the minute. No chairman, no structure, no goal threat, very few decent players, a manager who has never managed before, fans who are divided, media that hates us, a club that people used to have a high regard for from a neutral perspective have changed thier minds and want us relegated, the officals hate us (pen after pen after sending off)and so on.

I say this with everything crossed and a large dollop of hope - if we go down and come back up a season later, it will do us good!

We are like an injured antelope at the minute, if it's not this season the lion gets us - then it will be next season!

Just to make your opinion factual:

Kalinic has scored a goal every 149 minutes in the pl

Rooney has scored a goal every 175 minutes in the pl.

Drogba has scored a goal every 223 minutes in the pl.

However it may worth noting:

1. Out of 22 games this season Rooney has played 90 minutes in 16 games, scored 11 goals.

2. Out of 15 games this season Kalinic has played 90 minutes in 4 games., scoring 5 goals.

3. Out of 30 games this season Drogba has played 90 minutes in 21 games, scoring 11 goals.

Thought I would highlight the goals the players have scored as ultimately its about how many goals the players have scored to appearances.

Well, I'd argue goals to minutes is more important as it highlights players who are either only being played as sub, or who are being taken off too quickly.

Whichever way you look at it, Kalinic should be starting.

What PLANET are some of you currently living on? Niko has a better scoring ratio than Rooney and Drogba per minutes on the pitch. Please!!!!! Are you being serious? Yes, he does statistically but i could pretty much guarantee that he would still be on 5 goals had he played more games.

Leon Best has a better one too. 11 apps and 6 goals. WOW - he must be good! Errr, no he isn't!

He is not our saviour. So just drop it.

Niko does have a better scoring rate. That's a fact.

No one is saying he's better than Rooney or Drogba, but he's scored the goals for us this season so far. If someone has been scoring they deserve the run in the team.

He deserves a run in the team more than Roque, who has only ever scored more than 5 goals once in his career, and who has contributed 0 goals and 0 assists in 9 games. Leon Best might not be world class, but if you're scoring goals then you're worth your place in the team and it stands to reason you're the most likely to score goals in the following games too. That's why he's been starting every game for Newcastle recently.

Niko does not have a better goal scoring ratio than Rooney or Drogba fact.

Rooney and Drogba have contributed far more in their minutes on the pitch than Niko- fact- check out the number of assists both Drogba and Rooney.

Niko does not have a better goal scoring ratio than Rooney or Drogba fact.

Rooney and Drogba have contributed far more in their minutes on the pitch than Niko- fact- check out the number of assists both Drogba and Rooney.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Niko does have a better goal scoring ratio to minutes played than Rooney or Drogba. This is a fact. You're now changing this and saying it's about the goals players have scored to appearances - but it's really not.

Player X gets brought on at 80 minutes for the last 10 minutes for 8 games in a row. He scores 4 goals. Very impressive, I'm sure you'll agree. His appearances to goals are only 4 in 8, but he scored 4 goals in 80 minutes which is 20 minutes per goal. Most people would agree that player deserves a run in the first team, and under most managers he'd get one - unless there were two strikers who were doing the business.

And what's your point about assists? That Drogba and Rooney are better than Kalinic? I'm pretty sure we all know that, even you, but a striker's prime job is to score goals. And Kalinic has been doing that this season at a more than acceptable rate.

The point is we're comparing him against a player (RSC) with 0 goals and 0 assists in 9 appearances for Rovers this season, and a career very short on goals except for one season.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Niko does have a better goal scoring ratio to minutes played than Rooney or Drogba. This is a fact. You're now changing this and saying it's about the goals players have scored to appearances - but it's really not.

Player X gets brought on at 80 minutes for the last 10 minutes for 8 games in a row. He scores 4 goals. Very impressive, I'm sure you'll agree. His appearances to goals are only 4 in 8, but he scored 4 goals in 80 minutes which is 20 minutes per goal. Most people would agree that player deserves a run in the first team, and under most managers he'd get one - unless there were two strikers who were doing the business.

And what's your point about assists? That Drogba and Rooney are better than Kalinic? I'm pretty sure we all know that, even you, but a striker's prime job is to score goals. And Kalinic has been doing that this season at a more than acceptable rate.

The point is we're comparing him against a player (RSC) with 0 goals and 0 assists in 9 appearances for Rovers this season, and a career very short on goals except for one season.

Who is that guy highlighted in bold, can we sign him please :blush:

Just showing how pointless your "fact" is- which is incorrect in the first place!! :D

Can you show me which reputable site has acknowledged the feat of goals to minutes, surely there is a golden boot for this every season?!

Oh yeah finally you compared Kalinic to Rooney/Drogba not me if you wanted to highlight RSC?

Who is that guy highlighted in bold, can we sign him please :blush:

Just showing how pointless your "fact" is- which is incorrect in the first place!! :D

Can you show me which reputable site has acknowledged the feat of goals to minutes, surely there is a golden boot for this every season?!

Oh yeah finally you compared Kalinic to Rooney/Drogba not me if you wanted to highlight RSC?

I would introduce you to the concept of hypothetical situations, but I feel that would be a bridge too far.

There's not a golden boot for goals to appearances every season either. Someone who scored 28 goals in 23 games wouldn't get the Golden Boot over someone who scored 29 in 38 that same season. Again, I don't see your point. I don't even think you have one.

Goals to minutes is like goals to appearances, but it takes into account substitutions etc which undoubtedly makes it more sensitive. However, goals to appearances is a lot more easier to record and doesn't need a calculator for interpretation, which is why it gets used more often. I really shouldn't need to state the obvious...

And comparing Kalinic's record to RSC's record would just be embarassing. I was saying he has a better scoring record this season than Drogba or Rooney - not to directly compare him to them, they're obviously better players - but to highlight he's been putting the ball in the net on a consistent basis this season. When he's got the chance.

He is not eligible to play against City so it looks like Benjani or Roberts. Probably even worse...

pray tell how you work this one out.?

how many goals has crocky scored in the prem in the last 13 months?...one season wonder who is like kean ..STEALING MONEY!

Archived