BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Steve Kean Be Sacked?

492 members have voted

1. 1. Should Venky's Back or Sack Steve Kean?

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The old thread was closed just as I posed this.....

I thought I was maybe being too negative on Kean however the results speak for themselves now, absoutely terrible.

Putting Kean in charge is/was a sick joke which could ruin many good years of work at our club. However I would still only sack him if only a decent replacement could be lined up.

My feeling for Venkys is one of immense hatred now, they have been poorly advised but it is a case of owners not having a f**king clue how to run a football club - they have displayed a complete lack of understanding.

Sad, upset and so unnecessary. :angry2:

Please leave the building Kean. You need to leave right now! Don't not even collect your pay off when you exit through the door!

You are clueless! tactics are confusing and you do not have a plan B.

You keep chopping and changing your team selections.

you won't play our top goalscorer in Kalinic. which i think it's stupid and bemusing!

You don't know your best formation or your 1st choice starting line up.

JJ is useless as a number 2!!!

Categorically got to go and now. If Kean remains in situ I wonder if the Rao's or Mrs Desai will have the bottle to show their faces at the Blackpool game. Even if we win it, Kean has lost the fans if not the players. There is likely to be a very angry undercurrent at the game - Even under Kidd there wasn't the level of resentment towards the manager and owners that there is now. Two weeks is a long time to stew.

SACK HIM

Purely because his managerial decisions are shocking & the players obviously aren't behind him.

As a coach he may of been good but as a manager he is clearly not.

If Venkys want to compete with the big boys they need a proven, competent manager and allow him to run the club how he wants and with the players he wants.

Who that man should be is another debate.

Sack but we must have a suitable and available candidate lined up that will take the job immediately. Lets not make the same mistake twice. If we can't get someone that meets the above requirements then we may as well stick with him until we do otherwise we'd be no better off, still rudderless.

The manner of his ascension is at best unsavoury, the encouraging early signs of the players warming to his more expansive tactics seem to have evaporated with some haste, his tactics and more pertinently his substitutions appear to be random, his appearances in front of the TV cameras betray a man under extreme pressure. Sack is my gut reaction but without a replacement ready to go with a track record demonstrably better, I doubt it would leave us any better off.

Who has the knowledge of the Premier League & what is necessary to unpick our opponents over the next 2 months ? Who has the proven motivational skills to lift a squad bereft of confidence ? Who has trusted lieutenants ready to join him from day 1 ? Who has a proven record of turning modest players into a cohesive unit at more than one club ?

My replacement would be Martin O'Neill...but he'd be stark, staring mad to come to Rovers at the moment IMHO.

At this stage of the season the options are limited that is the problem - ideally you would want to recruit a manager during the summer.

Got to remember we are in a relegation battle and will need to scrap now.

In relation to conceding goals, if you look at Kean's comments a few weeks back, they were utterly stupid/naive - he said we should expect to concede goals now due to our style of play. What the hell was he thinking, he is not mananging Brazil FFS.

For all the chat about good pressers, I actually think he gives a pretty poor one - he speaks like he has been practising from a text book, not natural at all plus seems to have no humour/character whatsoever.

I see Steve's been on and voted for "Back" :P

You're making me laugh today, first the avatar now this :lol:

I thought about clicking 'Back' because I feel it would affect the players especially when we played well yesterday. I also think about when they said Avram Grant had 2/3 games left but they've stuck with him and it looks to be paying off for West Ham. With only a few games left we can't wait 2/3 games so I changed my mind and clicked 'Sack' because we need an experienced manager and Kean is neither experienced or a manager ;)

My replacement would be Martin O'Neill...but he'd be stark, staring mad to come to Rovers at the moment IMHO.

This is the problem, I've read a number of names mentioned on the other thread that would be good appointments but in my opinion not one would take the job in this situation. We can't just appoint someone just because they aren't Steve Kean. There simply may not be anyone out there who is available, suitable and would actually take the job this late in the season with a club in freefall.

Archived